Trying to go from 45 bmi to 25...

Week 13: -3.5lbs

Really pleased!! I went in not expecting much of a loss and would have been pleased with 1lb as tbh I'd been weighing myself at home and so thought I knew not to expect much.

I think this is down to a combo of things - most importantly that I've eaten almost ALL of my syns every day and even gone over (just) a couple of days; and I have logged my food on MFP so I know I am eating at a calorie deficit BUT I know im also eating at about the 1300 calorie mark, so I'm eating enough to be sure I'm not starving my body. Weirdly I've ea ten more junk food this week, but it's all been within my syns.

I also did a sponsored 10km walk this week which was good exercise, and I'm keen to incorporate a bit more walking in future (just not that far in one go quite yet!!)

Well done on your weight loss so far and I'd like to say that what you're aiming for is perfectly achievable. At 15 and 5ft 4, I weighed in at 19stone with a BMI of 45.6. I managed to lose around 4 stone myself and maintained that for a number of years before joining SW at 21 last year, in August weighing 15 stone. Since then, I have lost 4 stone 5 lbs and my BMI is now 25.5 (I now weigh 10 stone 9lb and wear a size 10 which is a world away from the size 24 I used to be). I need to lose another 4 pounds to get under a BMI of 25 but ideally I'd like to lose between 9-16lbs more) Good luck on your journey... I look forward to reading it x

Well done on your weight loss so far and I'd like to say that what you're aiming for is perfectly achievable. At 15 and 5ft 4, I weighed in at 19stone with a BMI of 45.6. I managed to lose around 4 stone myself and maintained that for a number of years before joining SW at 21 last year, in August weighing 15 stone. Since then, I have lost 4 stone 5 lbs and my BMI is now 25.5 (I now weigh 10 stone 9lb and wear a size 10 which is a world away from the size 24 I used to be). I need to lose another 4 pounds to get under a BMI of 25 but ideally I'd like to lose between 9-16lbs more) Good luck on your journey... I look forward to reading it x

Thanks so much, hearing your story is really motivating :) I'm 5'4 and have been up to 19 stone before so it's particularly great to hear from someone who has been in the same position! I wish I'd done this earlier in life but better now than never :)

This diary is really inspiring for me! I feel like I'm going through your plateu phase just now, I was desperate to get 4lb off this week but it's heading in the wrong direction, even though I've been on plan. Well done you!

Thanks so much, hearing your story is really motivating :) I'm 5'4 and have been up to 19 stone before so it's particularly great to hear from someone who has been in the same position! I wish I'd done this earlier in life but better now than never :)
I wish I'd joined SW years ago as well! It's such a good plan! And thank you x

Nsv - I got into size 18 stretch jeans (not jeggings) at dotty p's - I haven't been able to do that since I was 18!

Hello :) hope you don't mind me intruding!
Love the diary!!!
You are doing brilliantly!!

Ruth
X

Of course not Trefoil, the more the merrier!

Belated update
Week 14: -0.5

The scales flickered and ranged from -1.5 before settling on -0.5. I'm ok with that! Hopefully it means a decent loss next week.

The night before weigh in I'd gone out with a friend and eaten a little off plan - I'd basically forgotten to eat after breakfast, so by 8pm was ravenous and decided I could justify a starter (prawns on toast) and a lamb burger with side salad instead of chips. And polished off most of a bottle of wine! So I felt pretty bloated the next day, and was very happy to take -0.5 with that in mind!

I've had 2 days off plan since then as had various events eg birthdays, hen do etc. Back on it now though!

I'm feeling a bit frustrated at the moment- I took new measurements so I know I am actually getting smaller, but in the last 2 months I've only lost 1 in off waist, 1 in off hips, 1 in off bust. I shrank pretty quickly at first (within first month think I'd lost 3 in off my waist, 4 in off my hips) so this slowness has been frustrating. I feel more aware than ever of my flabby bits, and I am trusting in the scales going down, but I felt the need to vent. I wish the inches would be coming off more quickly - I can't wait to feel slimmer!

You are doing so well... sure you will feel slimmer soon hun xxxx

I think that sometimes there can be a period of 1-3 weeks where things just stop for a bit and your body goes 'no!' However plough through it!!! I think it's just adjustment as it all comes right again, I think it's just us being tested to see if we can really do it ;) I always find this bit really hard but you will get there! You're doing so well too :)

Ruth
X

Week 15: -1.5lbs

Yay! I wasn't expecting any loss (had a cheeky peek at scales at home) and I'd had a really full week with a birthday, hen do and date all off plan. Plus I'd eaten all my syns all week so I hadn't really tried to limit the damage.

Aaaand it turns out that I got star week (for first time in years - I've been slacking with my pill lately) so in that context 1.5 off is bloody amazing

Now I'm only 1lb away from my next award so that's my hope for next week :)

Thanks guys :)

Week 16: -0.5

Another half lb off this week - basically last night I got v v drunk so I'm chalking it up to water retention as my home scales showed me 3lb lighter on Fri morning than they did on Sat morning before weigh in!

This past week was always going to be difficult for me as I was on a work experience placement so my usual food routine was very disrupted. But it was a great week and I'm comfortable with it all, going to try and have a clear next week with lots of speed food and water :)

Last edited:
Hope your week is going well so far @Hattie21

Week 17: -3.5 lbs!! And slimmer of the week :)

I am now into the 15s (yaaaay) and I got my 2.5 stone award today too. This brings me to 2 stone 10 lbs lost so far - it's kind of crazy to think how much I've managed!

Pretty sure this is the lightest I've been since I was a teenager.

I think it's all actually from last week - last week I drank a LOT before weigh in and my home scales showed me putting on 4lb overnight so I knew I was retaining loads of water. This week has been really bad food wise - I've had 2 exams, an all nighter, interviews, end of term celebrations etc - so I've basically just been off plan all week.

Feeling absolutely terrible today (big hangover) so I'm not thinking about syns today and just eating stodgy stuff because my body is craving it. Then tomorrow straight back on the wagon

Really enjoying reading about your journey, you're doing so well, congratulations on your losses so far xx

Wow what a brilliant loss that is ace! Hope you're alright and feeling better :)

Have a fab week!!

Ruth
X

Hi!
Your diary is brill, I think we all hit those pesky plateaus at once stage or another but it's great to see you're not being deterred! Really inspiring!
Fantastic loss btw!

Update - I fell off the wagon for a while; I had a really busy 6 weeks with moving house, job interviews, different work experience placements every week, and being further from my SW group meant I missed a few weeks too so the slide really took hold.

Week 24 and I am now down a total of 39 lbs (so I am now 1lb lighter than I was at the time of my last post - so it's not all bad!!). I did have some weigh ins during the last 7 weeks but basically yo-yo'd around (including a 6lb gain and and 7.5lb loss!). I went back to basics last week (apart from 2 nights out...) and lost 1.5lb. Hoping for a good week this week :) bought a new journal to try and get my head back in the game and I think it's helped to start over in that sense!

Back