Trying to lose 3 stone, really want it to work this time!

Hope it works :)

Animation sounds like such a cool topic to study! I did the plain old computer science when I was at uni. I'm from hereford with about (give or take) the same amount as you to loose. Would you like to buddy up with a 28 year old healthy eater who works in a school?

I've quite often wanted to return to college and do another course; perhaps a teaching qualification or a gym instructor type qualification. I dont have the confidence yet - maybe come september when I am hopefully at my goal!

Hi, yeah animation is a lot of fun. :) Good luck with your weight loss. What do you mean by "buddy up" though?

13/01/12

Breakfast - 30g Special K, skimmed milk

Lunch - I made an amazing low-fat chilli! fry light cooking spray, 1 onion, 1/2 red pepper, can of red kidney beans, 1/2 small can sweetcorn, 9 button mushrooms, container of Quorn mince, 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1/2 pint veggie stock, and some cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and garlic granules. It works out about 4-5 portions. I've frozen most of it but I had one portion today with brown rice. The chilli itself was about 277 calories but the rice was 210 as well. Seems alright though.

Dinner - I might eat something light later, like a couple of ryvita or another bowl of cereal. I'm going out tonight so I'm trying to work in alcohol to this plan...

Drinks - 500ml pepsi max

Exercise - I mopped the floor... does that count? lol!

I'm going to try to stick to vodka and diet coke tonight, and not have too many lol....

Last edited:
Have a good night :)

Thank you!

Today was a write off. I got quite drunk and then ate a lot when I got in last night, then today I was feeling rough and didn't eat anything til about 9pm, when I had a big unhealthy meal. I'm paying for it now, my body had got used to eating less and I am in pain from that huge meal now, lol!

proper dieting will recommence tomorrow!

Last edited:
Got back on the diet wagon this afternoon, though it started out kinda bad. Had a starbucks panini... but my dad bought it so I couldn't say no. I am but a poor student lol. I also had 3 bourbon biscuits...

Had a big salad for dinner today anyway so that's ok!
Going to book some bodyblast exercise classes this week. My parents also brought my bike up so I can cycle into uni if I want. Only problem is I am nervous about planning the route, I know how to cycle on roads but I'm not used to it.

Ooh that'll be good! I don't know how to ride a bike, but it looks well scary when people do on roads. I don't think I'd be brave enough lol.

I got my bike last year but up until then I hadn't ridden one for about 10 years! I was so wobbly, I rode it into uni once and I managed to ride into two bollards, and also fell off... kind of got put off after that! But I'm going to try again. I live in a very cycle-friendly city, but I am worried I will wobble in front of a car or something lol.

Hopefully you'll be alright!

Good luck with the bike! My father in law just gifted me one lol I had a quick wobble round the block but I swear I'm going to break my neck!!!

Your meals look good (far better than my student days anyway) but just check your eating enough? For some ppl cutting back too far just stops their losses.

Yeah I realised that so I've been trying to eat more. It's just hard, I used to feel hungry all the time and eat too much, now I have to make myself eat just because I know I haven't filled up my calories.... I wish I could find a happy medium.

Right so, I tried to hit my calorie target today because I've come to realise my slow weight loss could be due to eating too LITTLE. I took a risk and bought some cheese (I am terrible with cheese, I usually just eat it on it's own.) But I got some reduced-fat cathedral city and have been grating it because I've found this means I can use less but spread it out more.

16/01/12

Breakfast - small bowl special k oats n honey with skimmed milk

Lunch - Small baked potato topped with low-fat quorn chilli and a handful of grated reduced-fat cheddar

Dinner - Wholemeal pitta bread with grated reduced-fat cheddar and branston sandwich pickle

Snacks - small bowl of shreddies with a tiny bit of skimmed milk and 1tsp sugar (I just can't use sweetener, I hate it...)

Drinks - 1 mug coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar, 500ml pepsi max

I've managed just under 1200 calories today and didn't go over my fat/carb target, but I had too much protein apparently... not sure if that is bad or not. but I might have measured a couple of things wrong. I'm going to keep trying to hit my daily target anyway and see where that takes me!

Good day :)

I went over by about 120 calories today. I stayed within my carb and fat goals, but went WAY over on protein. Still don't know if this is good or bad?!
Anyway, I went over my calories because I just was feeling SO drained with no energy and everything anyone said to me I was snapping so I had a handful of jelly babies, thought the sugar might help. Feel a bit sick now though...

17/01/12

Breakfast - Bowl of Shreddies with skimmed milk and 2tsp sugar

Lunch - tin of tuna in spring water with 1tbsp light mayonnaise, some reduced-fat cheddar and a bit of red onion, toasted in a wholemeal pitta

Dinner - Low-fat Quorn chilli with a bit of reduced-fat cheddar on top. Nothing on the side

Snacks - 50g Jelly babies

Drinks - mug coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar. 500ml pepsi max.

I think you're doing really well :) What sorta stuff do you use for motivation? I don't mean the beating yourself up motivation...I mean the feeling good, I can do it, I am awesome, type motivation :) For example....have you got certain clothes that you're going to buy yourself when you reach your goal? Or a certain something you're looking forward to doing?

Thanks, that's very encouraging! I recently bought a coat off ebay that I really wanted, but couldn't find in my size... so I am determined to slim down and get into it! Also, I'm going to reward myself with a new piercing every time I lose 7lbs... sounds really weird, but that is the sort of thing that motivates me, lol!

What about you? :)

Doesn't sound weird....sounds thoroughly awesome! ;) Where is your next piercing going to be? Do you have an eyebrow one yet? I love those!

Also...You shall be in that coat soon!! :) :) :)

As for me...I can't wait for my ex to see how good I look :D and feel stupid that he ever let me out of his life! :)

I'm also gonna get a whole new wardrobe when I hit 50kg / 110lb. Party time!

Also, I lost some weight about three years ago (that I have since put on). It wasn't as much as I'm going for now, it was more like 15kg. But all these people I know kept commenting on how GOOD I looked, and 'Oh my goodness! You've lost so much weight...you look amazing!'. So I conjure up how good that feels in my mind and I think...well, if they were like that when I lost 15kg...how will they be when I lose DOUBLE that? :)

my next is going to be another nose piercing directly next to my current one. xD I like eyebrow piercings, but not for me.

Haha that sounds brilliant ;)

Sounds awesome, I always feel like I should wait until I have slimmed down to buy clothes, but the fashions change so fast I get worried they will go out of stock before I have bought them. So I just get them in the size I am now and hope they don't look too lose when I lose weight, lol.

I do love when people notice you have lost weight. :) I lost quite a bit a couple years ago, but put double back on. So I'm aiming to lose triple now!

Some days I think you just need the extra calories. If I am genuinely hungry then I don't beat myself up for going over calories. It only annoys me if I've eaten a couple of chocolate bars or something for no good reason!

Also I wouldn't worry about going over on protein. It's especially useful if you're working out :)

Back