Trying to lose 3 stone, really want it to work this time!

Hello everyone! Thought I would pop back on for a bit. I am doing well, not sure if I've lost any weight since I left (my scales are really cheap and terrible, also i should be a couple pounds heavier this week anyway so i'm taking that into account) but I am still keeping to my calorie goals, but also allowing myself to eat what I want so am a lot less miserable about it!
Thought I'd post my food diary for yesterday because I've been bad today and haven't eaten anything... going to go buy dinner soon though.

27/01/12

Breakfast - 50g Shreddies with skimmed milk and about 2tsp sugar, coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar.

Lunch - Went out with a friend and we had "Bubble Tea" (If you don't know what it is basically it is a Taiwanese drink that consists of iced milky tea, coffee or milkshake with tapioca pearls in the bottom that you suck up through a straw and chew. hard to explain... here's a picture! http://blsciblogs.baruch.cuny.edu/writingculture/files/2011/03/BubbleTea1.jpg It's so tasty!) Anyway I don't know how many calories mine was, but it was really sweet and made with coconut milk and I was full after so I guessed at around 400.

Dinner - Quorn Chilli with a sprinkle of reduced-fat mature cheddar.

Snacks - Small pot of strawberry sugar-free jelly, 1 square of 74% dark chocolate

Drinks - 250ml pepsi max

Exercise - Walked around town for about an hour, partially uphill

I'll try and come on more often now. :)

Glad it is going better :)

Bubble tea was HUGE in Thailand! It took a bit of getting used to, I used to refer to the tapioca pearls as snot balls cos they kinda feel like it lol I've looked high and low round here and they don't have it anywhere

No offense but dunno what sort of snot you've come into contact with...! I tend to think the bubbles are more like gummy bears, but they just don't have a flavour. There's not many places in the UK that do bubble tea but if you go to a Chinese Supermarket you can buy the tapioca pearls to cook yourself. I have rainbow ones!! :D

It's the texture, feel slimy!

Today was a bad day for the diary... can't be bothered to write it all out but I was in a really bad mood because i am not sleeping properly and we have no hot water and everything is terrible, so I had a couple chocolate trifles to make me feel better....
Overall I think I went up to around 1600 calories which is quite bad but I won't be doing it again soon.

You'll still be under your maintenance calories so don't worry about it too much

Hey, we all have bad days. Don't stress about it. The bubble tea sounds amazing!! :)

Oh right, I thought over 1500 was bad. I don't know where I got that idea from though... thanks, that's reassuring!

Well it won't ruin your week I wouldn't think but obviously eating two trifles isnt great nutrition lol so probs best if ya don't do it every day! ;) it's nice to have a week where you stick religiously every day but in reality we all have hi's and lows. It's a learning curve I guess!!

Lol yes well I probably won't be eating two trifles every day!!

Today was much better anyway ;)

30/01/12

Breakfast - Shreddies and skimmed milk and 2 tsp sugar, coffee with skimmed milk, no sugar

Lunch - Homemade roast pepper soup (was pretty bland though cos I had no stock so I just used tomato juice instead... ) and 2 plain ryvitas

Dinner - Large jacket potato with a bit of flora buttery and a tin of tuna in springwater, 1tbsp light mayonnaise and couple tbsps sweetcorn.

Snacks - Banana

Exercise - RAN to the gym because we were late (and it's like 1.5miles away...and we got lost) Then did my first body blast boot camp session which was INTENSE and I am so tired now. Going to go 3 more times this week and we have the membership for another month so hopefully i'll get better at it, haha.

I am also trying to sleep better. I went to bed early last night but I slept for like 14 hours :( I am going to bed early again tonight and have to get up for uni tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get some sort of routine going.

Sounds like a good day, well done.

31/01/12

Breakfast - 40g bitesize shredded wheat with 2tsp sugar, skimmed milk

Lunch - Tesco Lighter Choices chicken and stuffing sandwich and an apple

Dinner - The soup I made yesterday, but I used it as a sauce to cook quorn in and ate it with wholemeal pasta with a sprinkle of reduced-fat cheddar on top.

Drinks - Americano with skimmed milk, no sugar. (and water)

Exercise - Briskly walked to gym (about 25 mins... I was late again) 30 min body blast session, then casually walked back. It took like an hour because I was hurting!

I am in so much pain now. I'm hoping it's because I haven't done any exercise in a while and I've just gotten back into it, and it will go away with a few more sessions. But at the moment sitting down/standing up is a challenge and I can't descend stairs.... haha. But all in all a good day! And I got up early :)

Missed a couple days, sorry.

03/02/12

Breakfast - Woke up too late...

Lunch - 6 slices sainsbury's wafer thin ham (sounds like a lot, but adds up to 35 calories), wild rocket and 1tbsp hellman's light mayo on two small slices of warburton's wholemeal bread, Weight Watchers strawberry yoghurt

Dinner - Low fat homemade cottage pie with a sprinkle of reduced-fat cheddar.

Snacks - 2 malted milk biscuits and a rich tea, bowl of bitsize shredded wheat with 1 tbsp sugar (I know, bad! but I can't eat sweetener, I hate it...) and skimmed milk.

Drinks - 500ml Pepsi max, 2 mugs coffee with skimmed milk (no sugar) and lots of water.

Exercise Walked to gym and back (about 2.5 miles) and did a 30 min bodyblast boot camp session (sort of like circuit/strength training)

Big calorie defecit today but I am hoping that's just because of the exercise, I ate quite a decent amount.

also i don't seem to have lost any weight at all this week, even though i am now doing lots of walking and also gym classes. hoping this is because of building muscle? (or perhaps because I am on, dunno...) hope it starts to shift soon, I've been the same for a couple of weeks now...

You'll be retaining water from all of the exercise, don't worry, it'll come off.

Ah thanks, didn't know that exercise made you retain water :)

haven't been on in a few days because our internet went down, but I'll update my food diary later :)

Back