Trying to stay on diet when PCOS symptoms are at their worst.

chloe83

I am very frustrated right now. I was doing well with my weight loss, but now it is not going so well at all.

How do you cope when you body has 'stalled' for want of a better word? By stalled I mean getting to the day before bleeding should start (if you are normal) and then just stopping? I have been at this point for a week now and it is driving me mad. The cravings for chocolate and sugar are off the scale, the hormones are giving me crazy mood swings and in the depressions I just want to say 'f"£$ it' and start eating. My tummy and chest are swollen so the jeans and bras which were getting baggy are now tight again. It is utterly demoralising. I know from bitter experience that I can be stuck at this point for anything up to another 3 months (when the nice doctor finally give me some tablets and all is ok again - for a month!). I am too scared to touch my scales even though I am following the WW plan completely as I just feel so horrible and fat!

How do you keep motivated and keep to the diet when your body is making it so unnecessarily difficult?

I would think some of the 'weight gain' is just the normal weight gain before anyone's TOTM.:confused: Possibly drinking more water will help with getting rid of it faster. Try to hold out until after TOTM ends and see if the weight has disappeared. Of course, if you eat the stuff you're craving, there will be some gain. Hormones really mess with us women and I wish I knew a way to combat them myself! Does WW have ANY suggestions for you because I'm sure you're not the only one that goes through this! Good luck.

Back