Trying to stay postive... But i need help!

LifesDesire

Silver Member
Hey everyone,

I've recently had some health problems i'm going to call them 'lady problems' (sorry Jim, and any other guys reading).
I've seen a lot of people saying they haven't lost due to TOTM so i'm trying not to panic that i've been maintaining for a couple of weeks but it's getting me down and i find myself snacking a lot, now i've only been snacking on things that are 100% allowed on the diet but still... i'm not hungry when i do it and it takes a lot of self control not to, any advice would be great?!

I dont have any advice really but as long as your sticking to legal things it shouldnt do too much harm. Ive lost a total of 1.1lbs in the past 6 weeks btw so youre not alone.

The only other suggestion is to try and find what makes you "snacky". I had the same for the first month - boring telcons at work do it for me. The only trick ive found for me is to drink water first / instead and make sure the snacks arent next to me. If i go to get one - then i have to be hungry!

You need to find your "trick" - try a few different things. Good luck :)

sorry to hear you have been ill............ keep as good as you can xx

Hope all is well with you now. On the matter of not hungry munching, Im putting together a distraction list/box - nothing too special just some things that I could do for the 15mins it usually takes for the urge to munch to leave me. I am hoping it will help

Hope all is well with you now. On the matter of not hungry munching, Im putting together a distraction list/box - nothing too special just some things that I could do for the 15mins it usually takes for the urge to munch to leave me. I am hoping it will help

i'm on holiday this week and just spent 3hrs clearing out my larder !! 2003 was the mustard ...so not too bad ... just looked at a LL bar that i thought i could have .......... Oh NO 16 g carbs ..............anyway how are you today lifes desire ............ xx

Some people on Atkins need to control portion sizes and even, sadly, calorie content. Most don't need to but they accept that losses may be slower than on a calorie-counting plan.

I need to control both portion sizes and overall calories on Atkins because although I have regained a bit I am still 9 stones down from where I started.

Atkins is not a license to gorge, pure and simple, and if you find that you are nibbling all day you might need to stop doing that! Easy to say, I know, but it may well be slowing down or even stalling your losses.

Good luck x

Back