Trying WW, couple of queries

jaylou

Gold Member
Hello all,
I'm a seasoned SW'er but have been struggling for ages so I've signed up to WW online for 3 months in a bid to shift a stone.

I haven't done WW for years so it's taking some getting my head round!

I'm on 26pp a day, which I have been using up, as well as between 3 and 6 of my weekly ones a day. I've been trying to use my points of good stuff like olive oil, avocado, nuts etc rather than reaching for crisps and choc because I have points left.

Anyway, my main query is this..... do you try to divide your points equally between meals? Does it matter? Today I've had lots of fruit and yoghurt for breakfast (2) and roasted veg with oil and pesto (3) with salad for lunch, I'm saving lots of points because I want to do chicken fajitas with guacomole for dinner. This comes to about 17 points for the meal!! Is it okay?

I have been feeling hungry late on at night, but I think this is because of the large portions I'm used to (not a good thing) and I'm sure it'll get easier.

Any advice gratefully accepted!! :D

Hi,

As i work shifts my points were never spread out evenly during the day and most tended to be in the evenings. This did not do my losses any harm. As long as you stick to the allowed number of points then your fine. If you hungry at the end of the night then save some points or use some of your weeklies to have a decent snack to help :)

Good luck

Hi, I use my points whenever I need to, so if I know I'm going put then I use as little as possible during the day so I can enjoy myself. I get nibbley at night or when I am on my own so I normally aim to keep a few spare for such occasions. Seems to work for me!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Hiya i think its up to you when u you use them, i only use 3 for brekkie but have about 6-8 for lunch and i have fruit and i tend to keep most of mine for tea and treats in a night. I have some choc and crisps each night :)

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Welcome Jaylou.
If you need anyhting just shout hun xx

I've quite enjoyed this week tinkerbells mum, now I've got my head round it!
I had a mini blowout last night, thought I'd not count it but then decided to, and I was still within my weekly points - so all is well!!
So my last day of my first week today and I have my 26 points and 3 weekly ones left.

Are you going to group hun?

yeah hun going tommorrow i can't do anything on my own i tried lol. good luck hun can't weight to see what you have lost. do you weigh tommorrow or tonight?

Hi Jaylou. I've swapped from SW too after about 4 years. I found it really weird weighing meat, potatoes and pasta and found it really hard to get my head around. But now I'm 3 weeks in and feel a lot better for it! I think there's more flexibility for naughty things too. Good luck!

Nope, it doesn't matter when you use them. But if you want to save pp (cause you're planning a big dinner or going out or whatever), do NOT skip meals. Sitting behind the desk, weighing people, I could always tell someone was gonna gain when they said ''oh, I had big parties on both fri and sat nights, so I was really good and barely ate anything before them''.

Make sure you are still getting decent nutrition, or you won't be aiding your weight loss!
My I-desperately-need-to-save-points-breakfast is: - omelette made with 2 egg whites, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, capsicum and herbs. Serve with a bed of baby spinach, and more veg on the side if you like. All for 1pp (for the egg whites)! How's that for a great start to the day?

And lunch, I just so can't be bothered with lettuce salads (rabbit food!) in this cold weather. So try roasting up all your free veg: pumpkin, courgette, onion, beetroot, capsicum, garlic, artichoke, carrot, turnip, swede - with a spray of free oil, and some herbs to season. A brilliant 0pp winter lunch, and it makes great leftovers! :)

Last edited:
Back