Tuesday night...

Stackhead

Slow and steady...
Hello :)

Ok, so this thread will be a little on the rambly side but bear with me, I have a point (I think).

I went out clubbing (I hate that word, but it's the only thing that describes what I did) on Tuesday with a group of friends. On a night out I generally wear shorts and black tights with either a dress or long top, i'm not sure if that has any bearing on the events that followed or if it would've been the same if I was wearing a pair of full length jeans.

Anyway, we were dancing in a group and I was oblivious to pretty much everyone around me, I was just having fun with my friends but then one of the guys I was with (Will) got really tense, like angry tense, he leaned over and whispered something to me and all I heard was 'those guys behind us'... I didn't think much of it, but all of a sudden Will kinda just drags me out of the room we were in, into another room (everyone else follows along).

The night continues but when I go outside with another friend (Reese) without everyone else, Reese tells me that the guys behind me (that Will was saying something about) were saying particularly horrible things about me and that Will was on the verge of saying (or more likely doing) something to shut them up.

Now i've never been one to let stuff like that affect me, and in all honesty it didn't (and doesn't) bother me that some idiotic chavs behind me were (more than likely - as Reese wouldn't tell me what they said) calling me all kinds of fat, because after all I am. I'd more insulted if they called me skinny because it'd be a blatant lie.

However, and here is my question/problem/issue since Tuesday i've been off plan and it hasn't bothered me, i'm not worried that i've been off plan/not tracking/fallen off the wagon/whatever you want to call it.

I have narrowed this down to two possible reasons:
1) It's defiance. Following Tuesday i'm basically saying "Yeah, i'm fat. AND?!" Feeling particularly comfortable in my own skin so not feeling the need to diet (after all, someone once said that you need to hate yourself most of the time to stick to a diet - and for me that's true, i've got to hate the way I look enough to deny myself food.)
2) The comments affected me negatively and i'm comfort eating, but i'm not feeling like I usually do when I comfort eat, i'm usually feeling quite low about myself when the need to comfort eat arises.

Whatcha think? Do you think it's possible to be entirely comfortable with who (and what) you are but still have the drive and motivation to lose weight? Or do you reckon that i'm comfort eating in disguise? Answers on a postcard...

Hi honey, only me!

My few pearls of wisdom are, that maybe because you feel comfortable with who you are as a person it hasn't really bothered you. For me at least, weight doesn't define who I am. I am the same person inside now as I was 3 stone ago.

Maybe the being off plan is unrelated? Do you feel upset by the thought of them saying things? To me it seems like you know that it is just immature, unintelligent chavs who dont know any better- and you know you are a million times better than them in everyway so why would their opinion matter anyway? :)

I think you can be comfortable with who you are and still be motivated to lose weight. Like I say, loosing weight doesn't change who you are, you will still be the bright, intelligent and beautiful lady whatever your size!

Not much help I know but as I know you know from your diary, there are lots more reasons to loosing weight than vanity and wanting to change what you look like. Leading a healthy life, adding years to our life and learning to control our relationship with food- these are the more important things to me for loosing weight, it's not all about how I look.

Hope that makes sense, am on phone so can't refer back to original post!

Either way, get yourself back on plan tomorrow and remember how fantastic you are :) xx

Ooh just found this thread, and please feel free to shoot me down in flames, but here's my tuppence worth!

The first friend that defended you.....will?

Any feelings or history there?

As the first thing that popped into my head when reading your post was that there was some attraction to Will, and he
Clearly likes you the way you are, so sod what everyone else thinks?! Maybe just my mind being over analytical!

Anyway, other than that, what Claire said! xx

I think if your happy the Way you are/look then that's why your probs fallen of the wagon, If someone had called me fat in a club I wouldn't be happy about it and it would make me work harder, I hate people seein me and thinking cwahh she needs to lose some weight! ...

So if your totally happy how you are stuff the diet

Ooh just found this thread, and please feel free to shoot me down in flames, but here's my tuppence worth!

The first friend that defended you.....will?

Any feelings or history there?

As the first thing that popped into my head when reading your post was that there was some attraction to Will, and he
Clearly likes you the way you are, so sod what everyone else thinks?! Maybe just my mind being over analytical!

Anyway, other than that, what Claire said! xx

:8855:Will is gay but he is a very good looking boy (as they all seem to be!)

But thanks for the pep talk (via Claire :D)

"I think if your happy the Way you are/look then that's why your probs fallen of the wagon, If someone had called me fat in a club I wouldn't be happy about it and it would make me work harder, I hate people seein me and thinking cwahh she needs to lose some weight! ...

So if your totally happy how you are stuff the diet"

I agree, but there's a conflict it's between being happy the way I am but knowing that it's unhealthy being the way I am. Maybe it's about finding motivation outside my appearance... focusing on the health reasons instead?

xx

Yeah if you think focusing on your health would keep you motivated then that's what you should
Think about :)

And I wouldn't worry about a bunch of twats in a club, they were probs some spotty underage freaks!

Ha ha great minds think alike :)

Back