Tuesday weigh in?

My first post on this thread, so hi to all, down 1.5 this week, that's 10.5 in total as I fight my way back to goal which I reached in March 2010 but lost the run of myself somewhat from Jan this year :<(

M and M said:
My first post on this thread, so hi to all, down 1.5 this week, that's 10.5 in total as I fight my way back to goal which I reached in March 2010 but lost the run of myself somewhat from Jan this year :<(

Well done M and M I joined on here yesterday and lost 1.5 too looks like great motivation on here. Good luck for next week
X

Well done m and m and skinnyminne..and welcome!! :D Its a great place to find support and understanding from the people going through wat u r :) x

Thanks all for the warm welcome and encouragement, it's great to find a site like this with so much help and friendliness!

I feel like sometimes when your on a diet..it does somewhat take over your life..cus everytime u go to eat u have to think about wat it is..and then there is the exercise..so like half my day is thinking about it! And if u get excited about stuff, u want to share it with people that will get excited about it to...and this is a great place to do it! Like if u say to most people..i lost a pound, they are like 'yeah great', but they dont realise what effort has gone into that for some of us!! its nice to have a place where i can celebrate losing 4lbs one week..or get support if i dont lose anything! :) x

calirose said:
I feel like sometimes when your on a diet..it does somewhat take over your life..cus everytime u go to eat u have to think about wat it is..and then there is the exercise..so like half my day is thinking about it! And if u get excited about stuff, u want to share it with people that will get excited about it to...and this is a great place to do it! Like if u say to most people..i lost a pound, they are like 'yeah great', but they dont realise what effort has gone into that for some of us!! its nice to have a place where i can celebrate losing 4lbs one week..or get support if i dont lose anything! :) x

It's a bit life controlling isn't it? I met with a friend yesterday for lunch and took my eog with me and it was a pain trying to work out what I could have. I came home last night and sat highlighting everything in it at all the restaurants we eat in so it's quick and easy next time.

I also find myself dreaming about PP and planning meals in my sleep. Sad isn't it?

xxx

It is really annoying that all your thinking about is the diet!!!! But i guess if we didnt have that focus it wuldnt be working. Also has anyone else taken pictures of themselves at the start so they can compare...im doing it for my 30 day shred thing..and seeing these pics im just like disgusted with my body..like my flab is a thing on me and i just want it off now..its really depressing :/ cus i know its gunna be a longgg time before its gone :( Anyone else get that?? x

Cali, I haven't taken any pics, passing the mirror daily is challenge enough, haha. But I do think that, as human beings, we are so much more than just what we look like. If we judge ourselves purely on appearance,then we will always come up short in our eyes as there will always be someone thinner and better looking than you! Especially if you are comparing yourself to celebrities or models in magazines who, frankly, take a whole lot of help not to mention airbrushing, to look like that. Of course I get fed up that I can't fit into the clothes I want to wear, but I really believe you have to learn to accept your body, while doing all this so you can help it function at its best, after all, think of all the amazing things it does for you. You think, it moves. It carries you everywhere you want to go, enables you to smell the flowers and feel the rain on your skin. So I try to look on this weight loss journey as a reward for my poor beleaguered body, by taking some of the burden of this excess weight off my joints. And when you think about it, the body is more the victim than the criminal, the overeating and bad habits start in the mind. The poor body just has to follow orders! So give it, and yourself, a break, and a little love! It will make this challenge a lot easier for you. Hope this helps :)

Thanks m and m. Yes i do love my body and i know its not its fault..i guess im just wishing i could lighten its burden a lot quicker. I guess its seeing the realization of what ive done to myself, which in the mirror u dont always see!!! I know im working on and improving it, and it will never be 'perfect', which helps when i see those pictures! :) x

That's a good way to think of it, and as well, remember it took a while to build up on us too, so only reasonable that it won't go too quickly. And scales, pics, etc are really just tools to monitor our progress. I mean, if you had 2 people who both weighed 11st, one could be ecstatic because they had come down from 14st, and the other could be depressed because they came up from 9st! So it's all relative. Just be as kind to yourself as you would be to anyone else who was in the same position. Now I will stop going off the thread topic, sorry!

Good luck everyone today at WI xx

good luck the the diet during ur hol, hope u have a nice time

A loss of 4lbs at weigh in today . Really pleased with that as I had been struggling for the past few weeks . Not able to go to meeting for two weeks , lots of time out and about with the boy ,unfortunately led to lots of snacking and not much tracking or planning . Back to school next weeks so back to some sort of routine .

OMG that's amazing well done you !!!

i'm not weighing in today, been ill all week.

good luck on the scales :)

Weighed in this morning gained 0.5lb really p'd off as I stuck to all my points and even got 4 really good power walks in. Had a Chinese on sat night but used my weeklies for that any ideas where I could've gone wrong? X

Weighed in this morning gained 0.5lb really p'd off as I stuck to all my points and even got 4 really good power walks in. Had a Chinese on sat night but used my weeklies for that any ideas where I could've gone wrong? X

Do you normally exercise that much? You might need to eat more to compensate? Or maybe you under pointed the chinese... depends I suppose?
0.5lb isn't too bad, you'll get that off hon! x

Lost 1 lb - was hoping for more but oh well a loss is a loss

in lost 2lbs :) .... really pleased as i was hoping for 1.5 to get to my 5% so got that an an extra little bit :)
..... next achievement is my 1st stone off (2.5lbs to go) then my 10% !

Back