Tuesday Weighers

Awwww thank you Donna just hoping I don't gain but how difficult is that this week very difficult I think

Oh Orla yes the maintaining is hard! But if you were to put on this week it wouldn't be a bad thing, its Christmas (that is so long as its only a little bit) :sigh:

Its fantastic all those awards! Have you brought a new dress/outfit? You need to celebrate!

I see you'd like to lose a little more but be patient with yourself as it can be slow losing those last few pounds, and don't lose too much, you do know best I am sure! :D

Well done Orla! You're such an inspiration!! Keep it up. :)

Urghh, diet starts again in earnest today, even though I'd planned to get back on the wagon yesterday.

I'm so annoyed at the weather as I had bike rides planned for my time off but that's all out the window now there's snow and ice everywhere. I'm going to put my heart & soul into 3 good long swims instead but I'm so disappointed.

3 long swims Amanda, that sounds great! I too would rather walk and we haven't done that yet and now my hubbie has put Top Gear on its not likely to happen is it.

I have run out of syns for my week's allowance and am trying not to have anything else. but its still very hard isn't it! Amanda don't be hard on yourself, at this time of the year limiting the naughties is a good thing!

Thanks guys for all your lovely compliments, it certainly felt wonderful when I saw my weight last Tuesday and I certainly over indulged Christmas and Stephens day but was back on track yesterday and had lots of super speed foods.

Donna I haven't stopped buying gosh I love shopping but I do love the after Christmas sales and bought a few bits yesterday. Have to say I would love to reach target but I realise it could take a while I know I will get there eventually

Amanda I only got out walking yesterday, we have no snow here in Ireland but we have the ice so it is too dangerous to get out walking

Hi all I am joining my local group tomorrow so will be a Tuesday weigher

Working towards a Skinny 2016

Good woman Katie, hope you had a lovely christmas, mine was fantastic and two days were very much off plan but got back into it on Saturday and hoping to have a sts tomorrow but if I have a gain then I wont mind because that will be off the following week

Welcome Katie

Well Done Orla on your 7 stone award that is really amazing.

I put on again last week and of course am expecting to tonight. Lots of swimming planned this week and just one night off on new year so hoping I can manage a loss next week but if I don't I will be 100% on plan from the New Year onwards.

I've just weighed in, a day and a half earlier than normal, mainly because I'm in town but also so I can draw a line under things and move on. I gained 4.5lbs!! Eek. But at least I know where I stand and I also have an extra day and a half onto my next wait until next weigh-in.

Oh and I got the new pack, not looked at it yet.

Snow, new year new beginnings, look how far you have come

Amanda, from what I'm hearing the new plan is a little harder. In another thread on this site, one of the members explained that it means lots of fruit and veg (only certain ones) and lots of protein but only a little carbs

The way I see it is that I'm so close to target that I think I will continue on the way I'm doing and maybe the odd day I might do an EE SP day (kind of like a red or green day) and I'm sure that will help boost (a little) my weight loss. The way I see it is I love my potato too much to let it go

I haven't read the booklet yet but I don't really want to change what I'm doing now. It works for me and that's the bottom line. Obviously I will consider whatever the booklet says, might even change what I do, who knows.

I'm totally with you Amanda, what I'm seeing here is what I have known all along, not to eat too much carbs and that is the bottom line but I can't live without my potatoes every day so I'm not going to change

Haven't been very much on plan at all since Christmas day and missing weigh in this week as I'm travelling, not looking forward to next week, gonna do my best and get some of the super speed soup and success express on the go in order to do damage limitation :s proud of myself though, I've managed to lose 10.5 pounds in the run up to Christmas, good luck everyone!!

also orla you are doing fab! Can't wait to get to where you are!

Jessica x

I've had a very quick look and the one thing I did notice is that there is no longer any mention of superfree, there are just free foods, healthy extras and syns. And instead of having one third superfree it talks about having one third superspeed, which means, if understand correctly, that bananas will no longer be superfree and therefore should probably be supplemented by a superspeed food if I am to have it for my breakfast!!

Jessica, all I can say is WOW 10.5Ibs lost in the run up to Christmas, that is amazing and think if you hadnt lost that how much would you have put on instead, its all about damage limitation so don't be so hard on yourself when you do get weighed, that is a remarkable achievement. I see you only joined here just over a month ago, I can see you getting to the 7st in no time, the only bit of advice I would give is get used to the plan and then it will be a lifetime habit you will never break

Amanda, I think you have summed it up in words, I have my banana with my weetabix in the morning too and the way I see it is I need that and I don't think I will change that plan as it is working for me. I get the impression the reason this new plan was brought out was because they wanted to see results at the beginning of the year to promote slimming world to others and I think for someone new starting the plan to be actually losing 10Ibs plus a week is unrealistic, 2Ibs a week is a healthy weight loss

Amanda you too, was just going to say anyone out there, it is very quiet here today

Weigh in this evening at 5.30pm oh boy am I dreading this, going to try and not look at the scales

Right here it goes, wish me luck

Good luck everyone. I lost 3.5lbs tonight which was a big of a shock albeit a very nice one. I have been doing lots of swimming and had lots of superfree along with my Xmas food? That or it's going to catch me up next time.

Back