tuna steak ideas

cherylxx

Silver Member
hi everyone,
i have just bought fresh tuna steak for dinner tonight.
never in my life had fresh tuna before so havent really got a clue on the best way to cook it.
any ideas on the perfect tuna steak?
any ideas welcome.

This is the BEST recipe I've ever had with tuna! Love it with chicken too! It's from Delia!

Salsa Verde:
Serves 2-4
(3 syns per serving or 1/2 of HEX B if serving 4)

1 clove garlic, peeled
1 level teaspoon Maldon sea salt
2 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
1 level teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 level tablespoon salted capers, rinsed, drained and roughly chopped
1 heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
1 heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
freshly milled black pepper
Crush the garlic with the salt using a pestle and mortar and, when it becomes a purée, simply add all the prepared ingredients and whisk well to blend them thoroughly.

I then place each tuna fillet on a separate piece of foil, spoon some of the salsa verde on top and wrap up the foil like a parcel. Place on a baking tray in a preheated oven (about 180). Check after 10 mins to see if tuna is done. You'll want it slightly pink in the middle so it's not dry. If it's not done then keep an eye on it every few minutes as it cooks quickly.

This recipe works equally as well with chicken. I also tend to reserve a few spoonfuls of the salsa and toss it into freshly steamed green beans or broccoli to serve with the tuna/chicken. YUM!

You could also try the salsa with just 1 tbsp of oil - I think you could get away with it.

I do it in the frying pan with a squirt of fry lite and a bit of soy sauce, make sure you turn it onto both top and bottom and both sides to ensure its cooked all the way through. I love tuna! sometimes I have it with scrambled egg, I also like it on a bed of stir fried veg xxx

thank you for the lovely ideas ladies.
i now know i do indeed like tuna steak.
i ended up having seasoned tuna steak (dry fried with a little frylight) on a bed of stir fried beansprouts and onion, with broccolli and carrots and spiced sweet n sour flavoured tomatoes spooned over the tuna.... delicious.:D

I did mine on Sunday (first time I'd cooked it!!) Grilled it on the George Foreman with Roasted (grilled) Peppers and tomatoes......lovely!!

Back