tuna...?

puddinpie

Hi guys toying wi idea of having a bit of tuna, red onion n cucumber mixed up later. Not definate but just wondering what u think n how it will affect me. X

Tuna is fine as long as it's in spring water and not brine or oil, onion isn't on the SS+ list as far as I'm aware but I do have a bit now and again and cucumber is allowed. Sounds like it should be ok as long as you stick within your allowances for the day :) enjoy xx

I only have in brine so will rinse it thoroughly! Will check out the list again for what allowed. Can I have balsamic vinegar? Thanks x

As Beth said no to onion and tuna in spring water only (although I'm sure rinsed brine would be OK_. heres the SS+ food list

PROTEIN
120 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
190 g Cod haddock or white fish
250 g Tofu
200 g Quorn
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
125 g Prawns
225 g low fat cottage cheese
2 medium eggs
(ALL UNCOOKED WEIGHTS)

Plus
TWO (15 ML) tablespoons of any cooked or raw veg from the list
Asparagus
Kale
Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage (even pickled)
Marrow
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Pac choi
Celeriac
Red radishes
Spinach
Celery
Turnip tops (leafy part)
Watercress
Chinese leafy greens
Courgettes
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves

Cheers that's fab. Will it reduce or slow down my weightloss? Will I stay in ketosis? Thanks for all ur help if pple make omelettes, do u use a spray oil? X

I'm pretty sure that my CDC said that we could have balsamic vinegar.

it shouldn't bring you out of ketosis - all the foods on SS+ are very low or no carb so should be fine. I think the difference in average weight loss between ss and SS+ is about 3/4 of a lb so negligible really. And yes balsamic vinegar is fine - i used it to cook my omelette in, when I did my AAM week instead of oil and worked a treat - and tasted yummy too. Enjoy

Is that 3/4 lb per week? Really enjoyed my tuna, celery&cucumber wi balsamic vinegar. May have had more than allowance tho but may miss a shake. X

Don't miss a shake, you need all your shakes everyday x

totally agree with Beth , even with the food you have had you need to have all your shakes , you need the nutrients and it can even slow weight loss down if you miss shakes

another one here saying don't miss your shake. The 3/4 is supposed to say threequarters of a lb not 3 or 4lbs! and i think thats per week

Hia Yeh thought it was three quarters so that's good. Not gonna do it everyday tho. Thanks girls x

Back