turi's food & exercise diary

turi

Hello!

I've decided to start writing down what I eat and any exercise I do.
For the last few weeks I've been bingeing heavily on junk food and need to start eating 'normally' again before I can think about signing up for a diet.

I currently weigh 18st 11lb (5ft 8) and I've always been overweight peaking at 20st 6lb two years ago. I went down to 12st 1lb in Jan 2005 after following a diet for the first time (WW) but it went straight back on after my circumstances changed.

I've always done online diets in secret so I've never had any accountability but I can't face going to a group.
My health is beginning to suffer now so I have to do it.

I'm going to include what I've already eaten and started to cook before I decided to do this :eek:

Breakfast
2 muller corner yoghurts peach & apricot
banana

Walked to supermarket 40 min round trip (Didn't buy any junk food :clap:)

Snacks
2 slices of white bread
half a small jar of little pickled onions
1 muller corner yoghurt peach & apricot

Lunch
(didn't measure amounts)
Roast chicken
Stuffing
Potatoes
Gravy
Fry lite

5 minutes on exercise bike

Dinner
Salad: tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber, celery, spinach and salad cream
Grapes

Last edited:
Hello!

I've decided to start writing down what I eat and any exercise I do.
For the last few weeks I've been bingeing heavily on junk food and need to start eating 'normally' again before I can think about signing up for a diet.

I currently weigh 18st 11lb (5ft 8) and I've always been overweight peaking at 20st 6lb two years ago. I went down to 12st 1lb in Jan 2005 after following a diet for the first time (WW) but it went straight back on after my circumstances changed.

I've always done online diets in secret so I've never had any accountability but I can't face going to a group.
My health is beginning to suffer now so I have to do it.

Hi Turi, well first off welcome and since you have done it before you kinda know you can do it again, no matter where you start from. Do keep posting, you'll get as much accountability as you need here and most of the programe forums have groups for support

Thank you emma237 and bellefrogette!

Started well with porridge, banana and sultanas

Lunch: 2 hardboiled eggs and a salad with salad cream, apple

Had a job interview and then found out I'd got the job a couple of hours later, so that threw me a bit. Bought a jumbo sausage roll and a small pizza.

Snacks: 3 satsumas and an apple

I start work tomorrow so got to get up at 4:30am :eek:. I'll probably have the same breakfast again if I can face eating at that time of day.

Breakfast: toast and butter, banana, apple
Lunch: tomato and basil soup, banana
Dinner: jacket potato, cheese and beans

Snacks: quite a few satsumas! Got a bagful from the market for a pound yesterday. There are worse things I could be eating I suppose...

No exercise today but did a 40 min walk yesterday and I'll be out all day tomorrow

Breakfast: porridge, sultanas and banana, satsuma, apple

Lunch: Tomato and basil soup, Jacket potato, cheese and beans

Snacks: 3 satsumas, 2 apples

Exercise: 40min walk

Dinner: 2 hardboiled eggs, salad, salad cream, tin of sliced peaches

Last edited:
First weigh-in 18.9 -2lb :)

Breakfast: porridge, sultanas, banana
Lunch: Roast chicken, potatoes (190g), stuffing, gravy

Exercise: window cleaning

Breakfast: porridge, sultanas, banana
Lunch: jacket potato (300g). baked beans (half tin), cheese (30g), apple

No exercise today

Yesterday I bought a bag of chocolate covered raisins. Not the best chocolate choice I could've made but I had been eying up the tins of celebrations so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Apart from that I've been sticking to it and I'm thinking about doing the new Weightwatchers thing. Just need to research it a bit more.

Back