tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Best of luck! You're doing the right thing, we'll all be here waiting for you when you get back (although you won't recognise us, or us you!!) xxx

Good luck lady!! x

Hiya everyone, hope you're all doing well :)

Just popping on to say that at my weigh-in this morning I'm down to 64.8 / 10st 2lbs, so finally back to my pre-Berlin weight! Haha it's only taken 4 weeks. It's fair to say that this past month I've been very laid back about the dieting, but this past week I've been back on calorie counting 100% and the weight is finally starting to shift again.

So, having a very good week this week, with my net calories since Saturday being 1241, 1229, 1025, 1053, 1157, and then looking at about 1164 for today.

This is by far the best I've ever been with calorie counting. When I was first loosing the weight I was happy enough, and then Christmas came and I just hit a brick wall. January flew by and I was stuck at 10st 3lbs for about 6 weeks. Then suddenly, motivation reared it's head and now I'm back on it more focused than ever before. Last night was my first major temptation since getting back to CC, when the BF rang and asked if I wanted KFC. I said no. He brought his own home and sat in the same room with me offering me some fried chicken (what I wouldn't do for fried chicken!) but I said no. Just being able to smell food was making me hungry, and I was so tempted to just go downstairs and make something to eat. But I resisted, and finished the day 100%. Major chuffed with that!

I've also rejoined another gym. I was previously at DW, and though this isn't really an excuse, it was too far away, and I didn't really like the thought of wasting petrol to get there, and that often the other half has the car so I have no means to get there. So, I've joined a ladies only gym that is literally a 1 minute walk from my house, so I have no excuses not to pop down even if it's only for 10 minutes. Since joining Saturday, I've been Sat, Mon Tues, Weds and this morning, and helped burn off an extra 1194 calories, which equates to a full days worth of food!

With all this in mind, I have my fingers crossed for a 2lb weight loss this week when I weigh in on Saturday. Checking the scales this morning I'm already down 0.7kg since Saturday so a little bit more in two days isn't that much to ask for. Is it? :)

EDIT: Also got my body fat percentage done for the first time the other day, and it came out at 25.2%, which is the lower end of average for a female. I'm happy with that, and looking at some pictures I'd probably like to get down to between 21-23%

9lbs off your target, great stuff!

Well done on having a 100% week. Nothing feels better than knowing you did all you could at the end of the week!

Thank you guys!

So...10st 0lbs!! :D

Official weigh in today is 63.6kg, so the very bottom end of 10st 0lbs, and only some mere 100gs away from the 9 stones. I'm unbelievably happy with this, and it just goes to show that a fully focused and committed week can have massive rewards. With a loss of about 2.5lbs this week, that's my biggest loss since I started dieting!

Going to be carrying on this way again this week, and hopefully I will see another good number in 7 days time. Aiming for net calories of 1200 per day, and the gym 5 x per week for minimum of 30 minutes, looking to burn about 250 calories per session, along with weights to work on toning.

Hah I'm not sure if it comes across in this post, but I'm in such a fantastic mood. I'm not stressed about uni work, I'm not stressed about dieting, and everything is just looking positive at the moment :) Hope everyone else is having such a super weekend as well. x

Woohoo! Congrats! You'll be in the 9's in no time. You seem so happy which is lovely. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! We have a lovely night out planned, parents taking our little lady gor the night, and it's snowing like crazy here so I don't know if we'll even get out! Grr!

Thanks Squishy! Yeh its started snowing here too, but only leaving a light dusting so not too bad. Hope it lightens up where you are and you manage to get out x

Morning all, hope you're having a sunny Thursday morning like we are here.

My scales have now been showing 9st 13lbs for the past two days, but I'm holding out until the official weigh-in on Saturday before I start celebrating! As always, life likes to throw things in the way of weight loss, and I'm going to a friends house tomorrow night for her birthday, where there will be food and alcohol. I've already bought my drinks for the night, a measly two small bottles of bacardi mojito and cuba libre :p. These are about 220 calories each and I've already added them to my diary. I don't plan to drink anything else, so that's not too bad, I just have to keep on top of the food intake. I'll be having my tea before I go anyway, so hopefully I'll be able to resist any snacks without looking too rude!

I'll let you know on Saturday how successful my attempts were :p

So weigh-in day, and it's a stay the same this morning. Totally expected considering yesterday night I was constantly snacking on chipsticks and carrot cake! Haha whoops, I could't resist, though I did stick to my allocated booze that I'd brought. Finished yesterday on a shocking 2300 calories!

However, straight back on it this morning and going to get some new gym pants later as my current ones I've had for close to five years and they're definitely showing their age now! I've already planned out my food for the day, and aiming to net 1149 calories. I've already had my usual cereal for breakfast with a coffee (226 cals), then I've got a walk into town to meet my friend for a Costa (medium skinny mocha, 247 cals), then off to work where I've got carrot and coriander soup for lunch which is 168 calories, and then tea later I'll be making a chilli minus rice, bread or sour cream (469 cals) and I've left enough for a banana as a snack after tea (105 cals).

I definitely find it generally helps to plan the day, and as long as nothing unexpected pops up then there's no reason I won't have a 100% day today.

Here to subscribe x

What sort of calorie counting are you sticking too x

Hiya MissieCB, thank you for subscribing!

I'm on the usual of netting 1200 per day. Days where I'm being lazy I'll just eat around 1200 calories, and on days where I actually do some exercise I'll eat more to net 1200 calories. Working quite well for me so far!

Today's weigh-in is much better than last week's stay the same. Weighed-in at 62.7kg / 9st 12lbs, which is a loss of 0.9kg / 2lbs. Very, very chuffed with that, and even happier to be able to say that I'm now in single figures! As I've mentioned a few times before in my diary, my ultimate goal clothes have been a pair of size 10 River Island shorts that I've had since I was in college, and when I first started getting healthy in June I couldn't get these up past my thighs and I resigned myself to the fact that I'd never fit in these again. However I'm so glad I didn't give up hope as today I tried them on and they're a near perfect fit. I don't have to breathe in to fasten them, there's hardly any overhang, and they don't get tight when I sit down. I can feel that I'm nearing the end of my weight loss journey, and I'm sure in a few months time I'll be able to officially say I'm at goal.

Another thing I've done as an incentive to shift these last few pounds and also to get fitter is I've signed up for the BUPA Manchester 10K Run in May. Now I'm a terrible runner, and so I'm really throwing myself in at the deep-end here! I'm on a simple training regime of getting to the gym around 3/4 times a week and running on the treadmill, and also meeting up with some friends who are joining me 1 or 2 times a week to do some actual running outside. Yesterday was the first day I'd ever done proper running that wasn't in a gym and it's safe to say that I've got a lot of work over the next 3 months to prepare for this run. However yesterday was a good start - did a total of 35 minutes doing a mixture of running and fast walking. I've pledged to complete the 10K run in 1 hour 25 mins to 1 hour 30 mins, and I'm confident that with good training I can achieve that.

Thought it's about time to post a comparison picture... (shield your eyes!)

I've trawled through Facebook to find the worst image of me, and got one from November 2010, where I reckon I'm at my heaviest of about 12st 7lbs possibly up to 13st. The second image was taken this morning at 9st 12lbs :)

Wow you look completely different.

U look amazing well done honey xxx

Back