tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

You look really amazing! Well done.

Can I be nosey and ask how tall you are? I can't see stats on my phone x

Thanks Missie and hippychick!

I'm 5ft 6.

Just come back from the gym doing a bit of run training. Managed to do 2 miles in 24:30, so an improvement of almost 5 mins this week! Aiming to be able to run 3 miles by the end of next week in around 40 mins.

Thanks Missie and hippychick!

I'm 5ft 6.

Just come back from the gym doing a bit of run training. Managed to do 2 miles in 24:30, so an improvement of almost 5 mins this week! Aiming to be able to run 3 miles by the end of next week in around 40 mins.

Is running ur gym routine??? X

Is running ur gym routine??? X

Yes, part of it.
I'm going three or four times a week and start with a five minute warm-up on either the bike or crosstrainer. Next I do all my weights which is usually sit-ups, leg press, inner and outer thigh and varying arm exercises. Then back on to the treadmill and interval running.

Also going running with my friends once or twice a week as well alongside the gym.

Wow, I love seeing before and after photos. Very well done! :)

Had a few lazy days over the past couple of days, with net calories for Sunday and Monday being 1635 and 1941 but back on it today and on track for net calories of just under 1200.

Just come back from the gym and had a really good time training for the 10K run in May. I managed to do 5K today in 37:31 but understand that running outdoors is much more difficult so bearing that in mind during my training. This week I'm going to be sticking to running up to 5K and practice with different inclines and just working on breathing techniques and improving stamina. x

Thought it's about time to post a comparison picture... (shield your eyes!)

I've trawled through Facebook to find the worst image of me, and got one from November 2010, where I reckon I'm at my heaviest of about 12st 7lbs possibly up to 13st. The second image was taken this morning at 9st 12lbs :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/comparisonsr.jpg/

How on earth did I miss this post? Oh my goodness the difference is amazing! You look fantastic, such skinny legs. I'm so jealous! ;)

How on earth did I miss this post? Oh my goodness the difference is amazing! You look fantastic, such skinny legs. I'm so jealous! ;)

Thanks Squishy! Just need to get this stomach flat now :p

So scales showed a small gain this morning but I'm not really that fussed. Was expecting it a little after a couple of days of crap food and it was probably deserved :p.

So anyway, after this morning, I really want a 1lb loss by next Saturday and from today I'm setting myself the challenge of a 100% week of netting 1200 or less calories. 7 days at 100% is more than achievable, and I just need to be fully focused. Today is going well to start with as currently I'm netting -98 calories! Haha. Need to eat more! I'll be having a Thai curry for tea, and then hoping to get to the cinema where I'll have a nice little hot chocolate.
Exercise today was also very good. Had to walk home from work which is 25 minutes uphill, and then to the gym where I ran 4 miles in a total of 45 mins. I beat my 5k time that I posted on Tuesday by 4 and a half minutes! I don't think I'll be able to get much more faster than that but will still aim for 32 minutes on Monday :)

I will post everyday this week as an incentive to smash this challenge!

Morning all! Day 1 of my 100% week went brilliantly, and I was definitely 100%! Finished on a net of 1084 calories :)

Food was:

Breakfast - 30g chocolate shreddies with 100ml skimmed milk (148 cals)
Dinner - tuna salad with peri peri salad dressing (311 cals)
Tea - Thai-ish chicken curry and brown rice (580 cals)
Snacks - hot chocolate and Bakewell flapjack at the cinema (542 cals)
Drinks - 2 x coffee (64 cals)

Then exercise included walking home from work and just over an hour at the gym burning approximately 619 cals.

Very good start to the week. Tonight my mum is making lasagna which I'm terrified of lol! I have no idea what's going to be going into it, so I'm just going to over-estimate the calories and then make sure the rest of the day I eat light to prepare for it haha.

Hello!

Feeling fat this morning and bloated :( But gotta keep perservering. I know that as long as I'm eating well and getting to the gym then I'm still getting fitter and healthier.

Yesterday was another 100% day I believe. As I mentioned yesterday, my mum cooked lasagna for tea and she always goes overboard on the ingredients and portions. Therefore I logged it as a quite high 616 calorie meal, but at the same time I also made sure I was under by about 100 calories for the day just to compensate if the lasagna was any more.

Breakfast: 40g Fibre cereal and 100ml skimmed milk (171 cals)
Dinner: Pea and ham soup (240 cals)
Tea: Home-made lasagna (616? cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee and 1 x Options sachet (102 cals)

Overall finished on net 1129 with MFP telling me I'm starving myself xD

Well today I'll be cooking for myself so will feel a bit more confident with the calories. Also off to the gym later where I'll get my measurements taken again. It was four weeks ago I got them done last, so it'll be interesting to see if I've lost any inches with this running. To be honest now I think I'm more interested in the inches than the weight. I'm almost at a point where I'm happy with my body, but it just needs toning I think. At the gym I'm hoping to run four miles again and try and beat Saturday's time of 45 mins.

Back from the gym and a very refreshing 6.6km run :)

I'm slowly increasing my speed and how far I'm running at that speed and my fastest 5km time is now 32:17 which I'm very happy with. I think if by the time the run comes around in May I'm managing 5km in 30mins I'll be chuffed with that.

Also had my measurements done today. I first had them done 4 weeks ago when I joined the gym, and I'm going to be having them done every 4 weeks. So in a month my bodyfat percentage has dropped from 26.2% to about 23%, I've lost an inch from the hips and half an inch from the thighs and chest. I don't know the exact numbers but I'll try and get hold of them tomorrow when I go in. Happy days :)

Food for the day is done, so may as well update the challenge. 3/7 days 100%

Breakfast: 40g fibre bran and 100ml skimmed milk (171 cals)
Dinner: -
Tea: Aromatic chicken curry with brown rice and naan (867 cals)
Snacks: 1 pork pie and half a slice of chocolate caramel cake (438)
Drinks: 2 x coffee and 1 Options sachet (102 cals)

Exercise: 68 mins at the gym (-462 cals)

Net calories for today = 1116

Nice! I'm going to start collaborating running with in my workout with rowing. Afterwards the rowing session I will go do some jogging. Ordered some running shoes.

I will be interested to see my timings compared to yours. It would take me about two hours to run 5k hahah If I could even do it.

What was your 5k time when you started?

Hey Alex, you'll definitely have fun running - I used to hate it but now I find it so calming!

When I first starting attempting to run back in June on treadmills, I could barely handle about 2 minutes running at 5mph. I could hardly breathe and my legs would be in so much pain. Used to blame the fact I couldn't run on asthma but it's clear looking back that I was just very unfit haha. It's taken me since then to just build up enough aerobic (?) capacity to be able to run for long periods of time. I did my first 5K run last Tuesday I think and did it in 37:31, the next time I did it in 34:58, and then 33:00 and then 32:17. Like I said I want to get it down to 30:00 for the race in May.

Best advice I can give apart from getting some decent running shoes lol is to just persevere, go for that extra 10 seconds every day and run even when you think you're going to die xD. Interval training is a great way to help boost endurance though as well x

Another 100% day! 4/7 done, with the scales showing a nice result this morning but I won't say until weigh-in ;)

Breakfast: 40g fibre bran and 100ml skimmed milk (171 cals)
Dinner: Spiced pumpkin soup with 1 sesame seed Ryvita (181 cals)
Tea: Home made pepper, spinach and ham pizza with sweet potato chips (544 cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee and 1 large mocha (323 cals)

Net calories 1219

Hey Alex, you'll definitely have fun running - I used to hate it but now I find it so calming!

When I first starting attempting to run back in June on treadmills, I could barely handle about 2 minutes running at 5mph. I could hardly breathe and my legs would be in so much pain. Used to blame the fact I couldn't run on asthma but it's clear looking back that I was just very unfit haha. It's taken me since then to just build up enough aerobic (?) capacity to be able to run for long periods of time. I did my first 5K run last Tuesday I think and did it in 37:31, the next time I did it in 34:58, and then 33:00 and then 32:17. Like I said I want to get it down to 30:00 for the race in May.

Best advice I can give apart from getting some decent running shoes lol is to just persevere, go for that extra 10 seconds every day and run even when you think you're going to die xD. Interval training is a great way to help boost endurance though as well x

Ah good stuff! That is a great improvement over time, well done!

I will definitely struggle, I am going to do 2 mile runs at first to get started.

I do interval work when I do my rowing session, for running I think I will just do a normal jog at first, get a grasp of how fast I can run and stuff.

I will tell you how I find it, it's gunna be interesting haha I actually have a treadmill but I need to be 16st to use it. But I want to run outside for the fresh air anyway.

Good luck with starting out running! If you start outside you'll probably find it 10x times easier once you get on the treadmill, as it always tends to be harder running outside.

So this morning I have a discovered a spanner in the works for my 100% day. I'd agreed to go out for a meal tonight with some old work friends and completely forgot haha so now I have to work a carvery into today's food. Definitely do-able and I'm still confident I'll be able to net about 1200 if I avoid copious amounts of fizzy drinks or booze. I've had a quick look at the menu and I think the best choice would be turkey and then load the plate with lots of low cal vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, swede, cauliflower, parsnips and peas. Might have a few roast potatoes but definitely avoiding the yorkshire pudding! I'm thinking if I can avoid anything that looks like it's drowning in oil then I can get the meal to around 800-1000 calories.

So plan for today is:

Breakfast: 30g fibre bran and 50ml whole milk (134 cals)
Dinner: Pea and ham soup (176 cals)
Tea: Carvery (800-1000 cals?)
Snacks: None
Drinks: Costa medium skinny mocha (247 cals) and lots of water

Exercise: 60~ mins at the gym (approx -450 cals)

Estimated net cals = 1107

So, this is definitely do-able as long as I don't loose my willpower in front of all that food haha

Good morning!

Yesterday went better than expected food-wise and I felt I was very well behaved at the carvery :p. I opted for turkey breast, peas, cauliflower, roast parsnips, carrots, a few roast potatoes, stuffing, onions and gravy. I only had a glass and a half of diet Pepsi and didn't have a dessert (though had to watch my friends chowing down on some epic looking sundaes). I know I can't know for definite the calories as I'm not sure on weights, but overall I've estimated that the meal was about 750-850 calories.

Ended up burning a lot more than expected yesterday as I walked uphill home from town and then spent a little longer than usual at the gym, so total burned was about 650 cals. That gave me a net for the day of between 675 and 775. Very pleased with that! Scales are also being more than kind to me, but again I'll save the number until weigh-in. Which for this week I'm actually going to move to tomorrow. Reason being that I'm out for a friend's birthday tomorrow night and if I weigh in on the Saturday like normal I'll end up having an incorrect result, as the weigh-in after drinking always shows much lower than it actually is, so I end up showing a gain the week after when I'm back to normal.

So yeh, weigh-in tomorrow and then back to Saturday weigh-ins.

Don't particularily have a plan for today, as not sure if I'm going to the gym or not, but I probably will even if it's only for half an hour. Yesterday was a really good session and I managed to do 7.5km in 51:30. I know is slow compared to people who are used to running, but for me who's never run, just being able to stick at it for close to an hour is crazy!

Weigh in day today and scales are showing at 62.5kg / 9st 11lbs :) Yesterday they were showing 62.3kg but I had a late tea last night so that's probably caused a slightly higher weigh-in. Never the less, that's still a loss of 0.6kg since last week and 0.2kg less than my lowest weigh-in so quite pleased. I now feel that the 10s are a good distance behind me, and unless I really go off the rails then I'm going to find it hard to get back there.

The plan for this morning was to get outside running with two other girls who are running the Manchester 10K with me, but as anyone else in the North West might see it's some what blizzardy outside! So that's been scrapped (again!) and now I'm thinking an afternoon gym session might be on the cards. Food today is probably going to be quite uninteresting but I'm going to have to burn as much as possible to account for a b-day night out tonight. I'll be sticking to amarettos with diet coke and maybe a few mojitos if they're not too expensive :)

Hope everyone else has a nice Friday x

Weigh in day today and scales are showing at 62.5kg / 9st 11lbs :) Yesterday they were showing 62.3kg but I had a late tea last night so that's probably caused a slightly higher weigh-in. Never the less, that's still a loss of 0.6kg since last week and 0.2kg less than my lowest weigh-in so quite pleased. I now feel that the 10s are a good distance behind me, and unless I really go off the rails then I'm going to find it hard to get back there.

The plan for this morning was to get outside running with two other girls who are running the Manchester 10K with me, but as anyone else in the North West might see it's some what blizzardy outside! So that's been scrapped (again!) and now I'm thinking an afternoon gym session might be on the cards. Food today is probably going to be quite uninteresting but I'm going to have to burn as much as possible to account for a b-day night out tonight. I'll be sticking to amarettos with diet coke and maybe a few mojitos if they're not too expensive :)

Hope everyone else has a nice Friday x

Fantastic! Well done you, you're doing so great. Enjoy the well deserved drinks tonight. I'm a big mojito fan! X

Back