tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Gotttcha lol I'll have a read tomoz xxxxx thank u

Good morning all!

Had a good couple of days, and the bit of weight I put on over the Easter weekend is slowly coming back off. I'll be taking my weigh-in back to Saturdays, so I'm hoping for a STS this week or at worst a 0.1/2kg gain. Feeling really motivated and am loving the running I'm doing. Went out again yesterday with one of the other girls who is doing the BUPA Run with me, and we did just under 5k in about 37 mins. It was hard work but I 100% know I can do 10k. I'll be heading to the gym later on and getting some more training in.

Yesterday's food was nice and although I was feeling hungry at around 9pm, I didn't cave and stuck to it.

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (227 cals)
Lunch: Cheese and bacon pasta (502 cals)
Tea: Chilli and sour cream (512 cals)
Snacks: 1 banana (105 cals)
Drinks: 1 hot chocolate, 3 x coffee (283 cals)

Exercise: 35 mins jogging (289 cals)

Net: 1340 cals

Just a quick update as to how today has gone.

Got out for a long walk with the other half, and although I didn't manage to get to the gym I did one of my 10 minute kettlebell workout and now my legs are killing ^_^

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (245 cals)
Dinner: Tuna salad (324 cals)
Tea: Spicy beef salad with wholewheat pittas (578 cals)
Snacks: Apple, Raspberry donut, Chocolate mousse (388 cals)
Drinks: 4 x coffee (52 cals)

Exercise: Walk and kettlebells (-327 cals)

Net: 1260 cals

Early up tomorrow and getting to the gym in the morning, as out for dinner at Frankie and Bennys :)

Sounds fun. Have a great weekend!

Thanks RawrGirl!

Official weigh-in today was 62.8kg so +0.7kg. Not ideal but expected after a weekend indulging in chocolates and then a very calorific meal at F+Bs last night. I've felt this whole week that even after a big meal that I'm still hungry, and constantly wanting to snack. Need to nip this in the bud right now!

Apart from that, everything is well. Training for my 10K is going well, and I'm getting the confidence to run outside now. Even took the dog with me yesterday morning! I'm setting myself a challenge this week to do a total of 20 miles, either walking or running from today to next Saturday. I walked to work this morning so that's 2 down already. Also going to be walking to work and back tomorrow so that's another 4 miles in the bag. Definitely do-able and will ensure that I'm getting some good exercise.

Ur still doing really well babe xxx

Are u finding the kettlebell is doing any good? X

Ur still doing really well babe xxx

Are u finding the kettlebell is doing any good? X

Thanks Missie. To be fair I don't use the kettlebell enough to notice if it's doing much, but I do know that the day after I've done a 10 minute workout, I can barely walk so it must be doing something good! :p

This morning, another 0.2kg gained, and I feel like I'm slipping! The closer I get back to 10 stone the more I feel like I'm just going to instantly turn back into what I was 9 months ago :/ I know I won't, but I think there'll always be a fear of just throwing all my hard work away for the sake of food. Yesterday started out so well, and just seemed to go down hill. I had the usual cereal for breakfast, but then I had a really large salad for dinner, and home-made salt and pepper chips and chicken for tea, which I didn't realize how many calories flour had in it. Need to find a healthier alternative to batter. Perhaps just a crumb coating next time. Snacks were haribo and dried fruit and I finished the day netting just over 1700 calories.

So moving on from the whole of last week, I need to have a really good week this week to bring me back down to the low 62kgs and would like to back to 9st 10/11 next Saturday. I'm aiming each day to net 1200-1300 calories, with absolutely no crap snacks. If I need to boost my calories then I'll have an apple, banana or yoghurt. No chocolate! I'm also still aiming to walk or run a total of 20 miles this week, and going to be getting another 4 miles in today. That leaves me with 16 miles from Monday/Friday which is easily do-able, and means that I'll need to do some exercise everyday.

So yesterday was the first day of what I hope to be a very good week and the scales are heading back in the right direction again. I finished the day on net just over 1200 cals, so right on track.

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (187 cals)
Dinner: Pea and ham soup (240 cals)
Tea: Home-made sausage casserole (approx 515 cals)
Snacks: Home-made coffee cake (approx 365 cals)
Drinks: 3 x coffee and 1 mocha sachet (138 cals)

Exercise: 55 walking (-216 cals)

Very happy with yesterday - I avoided going back for seconds for the casserole, and also purposely cut my slice of the cake half as small as everyone else and had it without cream. Today I hope will be just as successful. I'm heading into uni in about an hour to do some work on my dissertation viva and I'll be treating myself to a skinny mocha at Costa. I'm also planning to get myself to the gym this afternoon before tea and run 6.5km on the treadmill. That'll take my total miles for the week up to 9/20 complete so giving myself plenty of time to reach my exercise goal. I'll catch up again this evening and let you know how I'm getting on :)

Back again! Pleased to say that I can tick off another 100% day, finishing at just under net 1200 cals.

I also ran my first 10km on the treadmill at a time of 69:11. My legs are pretty much killing now, and I know for a fact I'm going to be ridiculously stiff in the morning but now I know I can do it, I just need to keep improving over the next 7 weeks and this race should be a breeze! Haha just need to make sure I keep on top of the glucosamine tablets.

I know it's a tall order but I'd really like to be in the 61kgs by this Saturday. I won't be disappointed if I'm not, but no harm in aiming high :)

Food today -

Breakfast: Fruit and fibre bran with skimmed milk (187 cals)
Dinner: Morrison's cafe mini steamed fish and chips (approx 398 cal)
Tea: Home-made chicken masala with brown basmati rice (643 cals)
Snacks: 1 apple and low fat fruit yoghurt (187 cals)
Drinks: 1 coffee, 1 Costa skinny mocha, 1 mocha sachet, some diet Pepsi (323)

Exercise: 95 minutes at the gym (-598 cals)

Total: 1140 net

The total calories doesn't include the diet Pepsi/Coke as that'll be later as I'm out in town to watch the Manchester City/United match. I'm not a fan of football but the OH is so going along to keep him happy :p. I'll be driving so I'm happy enough just drinking diet coke. Negligible calories in that. See you all tomorrow!

EDIT: Forgot to add that my miles goal is now 11/20 for the week. Next week will definitely have a higher goal.

Morning everyone. It's quite nice and sunny here today so feeling in a good mood (though I can feel a slight head-ache coming on so might have to fix that soon lol).

Yesterday I feel was a good day for me. I was feeling extremely stressed in the morning as I was trying to finish my uni work but the computer was playing up, and then in the evening I had family issues :/ Was awfully tempted to just go and blow it with a take-away or a big bag of crisps, but instead I just had a couple of glasses of Amaretto and diet Pepsi, and 10 malteasers. Disaster averted and I'm happy with myself that I didn't give in.

On a more positive note, yesterday morning I spent an hour sending off applications for jobs, and I'll be doing some more later on. I would really love to land myself a job straight out of university, and with only 2 1/2 weeks left I'm running short of time! So fingers crossed I hear something back from at least one of the companies I'm applying for.

Food from yesterday, apart from the malteasers was quite good.

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (183 cals)
Dinner: Tuna pasta salad, Tomato soup (519 cals)
Tea: Chicken wraps with home-made salsa (482 cals)
Snacks: 10 malteasers (104 cals)
Drinks: 4 x coffee, 2 x Amaretto and diet Pepsi (249 cals)

Total: 1537 cals

Hoping today to bag another 1200-1300 net day. I'll be eating healthily and also off to the gym later on to run a minimum of 4 miles. Might even attempt another 10km if my legs are up for it. That'll take me to 15/20 miles for the week :)

Finishing today on net 1187 cals ^_^ Very happy with how this week's going so far. Just need to keep it up for another 2 days and hopefully I'll see a good result on Saturday for the weigh-in.

Dinner: Tuna salad (335 cals)
Tea: Home-made toad in the hole with carrots, broccoli and gravy (727 cals)
Snacks: Banana chips, 1 apple, fruit yoghurt, chocolate mousse (325 cals)
Drinks: 3 x coffee, 1 mocha sachet (102 cals)

Exercise: 62 mins at the gym (-485 cals)

I did my 4 miles on the treadmill in 41 mins so thats 15/20 miles done for the week. Will try and get another mile done tomorrow out with the dogs and then the last 4 miles on Friday.

Evening everyone.

Another good day for me. Just one more to before weigh-in!

Dinner: Pea and ham soup (240 cals)
Tea: Spaghetti bolognese (492 cals)
Snacks: Couple of nachos, Cranberry and white chocolate cookie (209 cals)
Drinks: Costa skinny mocha, 2 x coffee, Options hot chocolate (313 cals)

Exercise: 37 mins of walking (-146 cals)

Net: 1291

I've been reading a bit more about calorie counting and BMR/TDEE ect, and I already know that my TDEE is 2239 calories. Therefore to loose weight healthily I need to be eating my TDEE - 20% which is approx 1800 calories. However, many people also say I shouldn't eat below my base metabolic rate which I've worked out is 1448 calories. Therefore really it appears that I'm eating too little.

So I'm going to slowly start increasing my net calories weekly until I'm up to a net of around 1500. So after this week's weigh-in next week I'll be aiming for a net of 1350, and then week after 1400 ect. So fingers crossed I'll be able to eat more, lose more, or so it appears!

That's funny. I was going to ask if you were maybe eating too little! I used the Fat2Fit Radio app (saw their website mentioned here) and used their calculators to work out how many cals I should be eating per day. That's where I got my 1600 from. Apparently you may not lose (or, shock horror, you might gain!!) for the first few weeks as your body adjusts to the new cals, but it does settle. It also means that when you reach goal, you won't have a big jump upwards in cals and end up putting back on some weight. This is my first full week of 1600 per day (besides a planned night out/off on Sat) so will see how my weigh-in goes on Monday! Good luck tomorrow and have a great weekend. X

Thanks Squishy! I'm sure your Monday weigh-in will be great too :) I'm personally finding it really hard to eat enough calories on exercise days especially whilst trying to stick to eating healthy foods. Sure I could easily make up the calories if I grab a bag of crisps or chocolate but I'd rather learn to snack healthily. Starting with dried fruit but need to find some more interesting ideas.

Today has been another good day, both food and exercise wise. I beat my current best for 5K on the treadmill by just under two minutes and I managed it in 30:33. Still aiming for under 30 mins but need to push hard for that! Scales looked promising this morning so let's just hope that nothing drastic happens over night haha.

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (187 cals)
Dinner: Tuna and pasta salad (374 cals)
Tea: Thai red curry with egg noodles (543 cals)
Snacks: 1 large banana, 1 white chocolate and raspberry cookies, 1 packet of crisps, 100g of dried fruit (594 cals)
Drinks: 3 x coffee, 1 mocha sachet (102 cals), 6 glasses of water

Exercise: 35 mins walking dogs, 65 mins at the gym (-594 cals)

Net: 1206

Still struggling to get that up to 1300 without feeling like I'm eating for the sake of it. Will go super market shopping tomorrow to find a load of healthy goodies I can eat during the day.

Not sure if it tickles your taste buds but oatcakes (Aldi do their own range :)) with sugar-free peanut butter are a good snack and the peanut butter would help you add cals without eating crap for the sake of it! Mmmm, peanut butter! I had to stop buying it because I had an addiction. Haven't had any since Lent started *sniff*!

Well done on the 5k, that's a great time! X

I'll have a look out for some Oatcakes when I go to Morrisons later, thanks Squishy. Also thinking that cup-a-soups and Ryvita make a nice healthy snack so will stock up on those as well.

Official weigh-in for this week is 62.4kg / 9st 11lbs. Tiny bit disappointed with this as I was showing smaller numbers throughout the week, but that's just how it is! Still, thinking positively it's a lb less than last week and I'll be getting my measurements done at the beginning of next week so hopefully that will show a nice change as well.

Forgot to mention before that I managed my 20 mile goal last week, finishing on 22.5 miles in total. This week I'm upping my challenge and aiming to walk or run 25 miles. I'll be walking home from work later (1.5 miles) and then out for a run whilst the weathers nice so clock up another 3 or 4 there and get off to a good start.

My other challenge for this week is to not step on the scales :/ This will be ridiculously difficult for me as I'm used to checking them every morning as they're in the bathroom. I can't move them from the bathroom as other family members use them so I will have to demonstrate some will power here! I'm hoping that by not weighing every day, I'll be less disappointed if I show a low in the week but then not on actual weigh-in day.

Well done! A pound is great! I know the frustration of weighing lighter during the week though. Scales are so cruel! I regularly weigh a pound heavier on weigh in day. The next morning I'll be back down again! Grr.

Well done though, enjoy the rest of your weekend. X

I know the frustration of weighing lighter during the week though. Scales are so cruel! I regularly weigh a pound heavier on weigh in day. The next morning I'll be back down again! Grr.

This happens to me all the time. Keep being tempted to switch my weigh-in days to Fridays but I'd only start weighing in lighter on the Thursday instead xD

Got myself plenty of healthy snacks to be munching on when I need extra calories, such as Cup-A-Soup, Ryvitas, dried fruit, Snack-a-Jacks and lots of fresh fruit. I have no excuse for munching on chocolate.

Today is going well apart from not being able to get to the gym today. That's the only thing about going to a private gym rather than a commercial one - they can randomly close if they need to. However, still managed to get in half an hour of walking, which is a 1.5mile start to my 25 mile week. Quite a bit to go to catch up.

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (224 cals)
Dinner: Pea and ham soup with Ryvita and a banana (402 cals)
Tea: Home made chicken and leek pie with roasted chantenay carrots (approx 664-700 cals)
Snacks: BBQ Snack a Jacks (107 cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee (26 cals)

Exercise: 30 mins walking (-118 cals)

Net: 1305

This might go up a little bit if I have another drink later on but thinking this is pretty much it for today.

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days but been busy with work and uni but still sticking to the plan and getting some good exercise in.

For my challenge of travelling a total of 25 miles by walking or running I'm now up to 15/25 miles with three days left to go. I'm planning to go out running with a friend tomorrow so will clock up another 3/4 miles, and then Friday I'm also running in the evening so that's another 3. Thursday not quite sure but will involve some form of running, and definitely walking as I'll be going to uni and back.

Feeling more confident running outside, as yesterday me and the other girls running the Manchester Great Run did 5K, and this morning I got up at 8 and went straight out and ran 6.5km in 40 mins. It's five and half weeks now until the run and I'm getting excited and very confident that I'll finish with a good time.

Food also hasn't been too bad at all. Sunday and yesterday I finished netting quite high, as Sunday we ended up grabbing pizza on the way home from work (but authentic, home-made stonebaked pizza from a proper Italian place!) and finished on net 1768 so not too bad. Yesterday was a little bit worse but it was mine and the BF's four year anniversary so I wasn't particularily watching what I was eating and treated myself to a lovely Chinese meal with Dim Sum, a blueberry Mojito and a good handful of Jelly Bellies. Finished the day on approximately net 2249.

Today back on it 100%

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (118 cals)
Dinner: Meatballs in gravy (282 cals)
Tea: Chicken, lentil and spinach curry with brown basmati rice (758 cals)
Snacks: Snack a Jacks, a few Jelly Bellies, 50g mixed dried fruit (314 cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee, one proper mocha, one mocha sachet (350 cals)

Exercise: 40 mins run, 44 mins walking (-521 cals)

Net: 1301 cals

Morning everyone. It's a nice sunny day here but ridiculously windy. I'm thinking I'll let my joints rest today so no running, but I think I'm still walking to uni later and I'll try and get some strength exercises in.

Yesterday was another very good day. I went out running with my friend and we managed 3.57 miles in 45mins. We were running around a country park so this included rocky hills, mud and the occasional break, so I'm very pleased with this time. Food was also really good, all healthy snacks and not a bar of chocolate or packet of crisps to be found.

Breakfast: Fruit and fibre cereal and skimmed milk (224 cals)
Lunch: Tuna pasta salad (349 cals)
Tea: Cottage pie with sweet potato mash and broccoli (554 cals)
Snacks: Dried fruit, dried figs, 1 broccoli and stilton cup-a-soup, 50g seedless black grapes, 1 apple, 1 low fat yoghurt (497 cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee, 1 Options sachet (66 cals)

Exercise: 45 mins running (-373 cals)

Net: 1317 cals

As for weigh-in on Saturday, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a STS. I've been taking Fibergel this week and it's really bloating me - stomach feels like a football! So unless that goes away I'm not expecting anything amazing for weigh-in. However I'm not too fussed what the scales say as I can tell that I'm getting physically fitter. I'm so proud of myself for starting this running and I can see it being something I keep up for the rest of my life.

Back