tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Hey guys, I changed my weigh-in day to today, and it will be Friday's from now on. My only valid reason for changing it is that I seem to have better results on a Friday lol.

And first week so good, I'm down 0.5kg since my last weigh-in, and down 0.2kg from my lowest weight yet, so I'm at the very bottom of end of 9st 10lbs. Another 0.2kg will see me nicely into 9 st 9lbs, and that'll be what I'm aiming for next Friday. The running challenge has gone well and I finished it on 25.5 miles in total. I think next week I'll stick to the same total millage, but just quicker :p. So stuff today:

Breakfast: Fruit and fibre cereal and skimmed milk (224 cals)
Dinner: Tuna pasta salad, Costa chicken and pepper panini, Small skinny mocha (766 cals)
Tea/Snacks: Cineworld regular nachos (657 cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee, 1 mocha sachet (89 cals)

Exercise: 4 miles running (-323 cals)

Could really have got more fruit in there, but was treating myself at the cinema as it's been a while since I've had nachos. Night everyone!

Hey everyone, hope you're all off to a great start this week.

I had a good day on Saturday and yesterday, Sunday it's fair to say I over indulged just a little :p Ended up going to Nandos and eating an obscene amount of chicken. And then after Nandos we drove to Fredericks which is a famous ice cream parlor up here and I had three scoops of ice cream. Two lemon cheesecake and one orange tiger. Absolutely delicious. I need a day like that every now and again just to keep me on the straight and narrow and to remind me that I really don't need to eat quite that much!

So Saturday net 1310 calories, Sunday net 2473 calories, yesterday net 1351 calories.

Aiming today to hit around net 1400.

Exercise wise has been very good and currently on 11.39/25 miles for the week. I will however be having a couple of days off running as I've been having a bit of pain in my lower back and want to rest it and prevent any injury.

Just got some fantastic news on the job front!

I've been offered a position working with a company in Manchester who make Facebook games, and I'll be working on marketing and then 3D art as they ramp up production. I'm over the moon with this, and I start the day after my final day at uni :D I've been stressing the past couple of months about getting a job in the games industry, and I'm so happy to have made it in at a graduate level. I'll get some fantastic experience with this company and it's a great start to my career x

Fantastic news! Well done! Sounds like a great job. X

Congrats with the job! That's awesome! I am an avid gamer :)

How did your weigh-in go yesterday?

Thanks guys!

Weigh in was 62.1kg, a gain of 0.2kg, which I definitely expected (in fact I expected worse) as I had three days quite a bit over 2000 calories. However, the past two days I've been on track, and netting around 1400-1500, so I just need to avoid eating out this week and I'm in for a nice loss I hope!

I start my new job on Wednesday, which for me means getting up early, 30 min walk to the train station, train to Manchester, then 10 min walk to the office. I can imagine it'll take a little getting used to but I'm super excited and raring to go. I best be off now as I've still got two weeks left of old job (which I need to set off to!) so I'll be back on later this afternoon with a bigger update. x

Sorry I didn't manage to get back on last night, but I'm taking a short break from working on my dissertation presentation so I thought I'd pop in with a quick post.

Food yesterday was fairly good, with the exception of a cookie dough desert, but I finished the day on net 1446 so still well within my calories. I also got out yesterday morning and did a 5K run in 29:47, my fastest time to date. I'm very happy with this and it's looking promising for me to complete the 10K in four weeks in my goal time of 1 hour 10 mins.

Today, there's no exercise for me as I need to work on this presentation, so just going to be sensible and have healthy meals. Breakfast was Special K, I'm just making up a tuna pasta salad now, and tea will be a chicken curry of some form.

Everything you are doing seems perfect. When you are 100% your exercise regime and diet looks to have a great balance. I spent a lot of time over the last few months researching the intricate weight loss and exercise details, and my weight loss is crafted off that new found knowledge. Your diet seems great for a 10k trainer, as I am sure you know!

Thank you Rev! Same here, I've been reading more about how much to eat/best things ect and I'll be honest, I seem to struggle a lot getting that healthy balance. Some days I'll find it hard to get over 1200 cals, and then others I'm going crazy getting over 2000 lol. I've really been working on that though over the last couple of weeks and I'm slowly coming round to upping my calories in a healthy way. It's a lot better for me mentally as well, as I'm not thinking about food as much, and when I'm feeling a little peckish there's no second thought like 'oh, have I got enough calories left for that apple?'.

Yesterday was a good day, and I finished on 1528. Today I'm hoping for something similar, but it might be higher as I'm meant to be going out for a meal with some of my uni mates as this is our final day. I think the plan is Frankie and Bennys, and I'm well aware that their menu isn't exactly the lowest in calories what with all that cheese and cream sauce xD However, I'll just aim to be sensible, avoid desert and stick to diet Pepsi.

Exercise wise, my goal for the next four weeks now is to reduce the days I go out running, but on the days I do go out, aim for longer distances. This will give my body time to rest between runs and make sure I'm prepared for the 10K. I'm also hoping to incorporate some strength training twice a week such as 30 day shred, as I'm noticing that since I've stopped doing any weights, my stomach is getting a little flabby and it's not a nice look!

Hello guys! Sorry I've not been around for a few days, been busy finishing off uni and adjusting to working life! So thought I'd pop on quickly while on my lunch break.

Had my weigh in this morning, and the scales showed an amazing 60.8kg, which is a loss of 1.3kg from last week. I'm honestly shocked by this! And also thrilled that I'm now only 0.8kg away from my original goal. I feel it will be easy to maintain my weight at this new job, as although it's a desk job, no one else snacks and there are set dinner times ect. However, there are far too many lovely restaurants and bars about and it'll be tempting not to sneak out every now and again!

Exercise wise I've not had much chance to do any running as I'm getting up at 6:30 to get to work and then I'm getting home at around 6/7, having tea and getting to bed! However, planning to do a 5K run tomorrow and then as I'm off Monday I'm hoping to do my first 10K and set a benchmark time.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and will catch up on all your diaries over the weekend. x

Hello guys! Sorry I've not been around for a few days, been busy finishing off uni and adjusting to working life! So thought I'd pop on quickly while on my lunch break.

Had my weigh in this morning, and the scales showed an amazing 60.8kg, which is a loss of 1.3kg from last week. I'm honestly shocked by this! And also thrilled that I'm now only 0.8kg away from my original goal. I feel it will be easy to maintain my weight at this new job, as although it's a desk job, no one else snacks and there are set dinner times ect. However, there are far too many lovely restaurants and bars about and it'll be tempting not to sneak out every now and again!

Exercise wise I've not had much chance to do any running as I'm getting up at 6:30 to get to work and then I'm getting home at around 6/7, having tea and getting to bed! However, planning to do a 5K run tomorrow and then as I'm off Monday I'm hoping to do my first 10K and set a benchmark time.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and will catch up on all your diaries over the weekend. x

Wow amazing! Congrats on the loss! You will hit your goal within the week if you keep it up... I hope you are proud of yourself.

Good morning everyone :) It's been a while!

I've spent this week settling in to my new job, and though I don't have much to do at the minute, I'm enjoying it and I'm enjoying Manchester.

Getting my diet right at work is currently easier than I thought, as I'm taking in pasta salads and soups for dinner, and also fruit and nuts for snacks if I'm feeling peckish. So far I've not eaten out for lunch, unless it's a staff meeting, but I will be treating myself to a Costa every Friday dinner as a reward :)

Friday's weigh-in was 61.1kg, which is a gain of 0.3kg, which is cool for me. The week before's weigh-in seemed quite a big loss anyway and my general trend seems to be gain, small loss, big loss, gain ect so all is well and I'll be hoping for a small loss of 0.2/3kg this coming Friday. Overall the trend is down so that's what's important.

Last weekend I also set myself a benchmark time for 10km of 1 hour 4 mins 34 seconds, which I'm very happy about. I'm hoping on the day to come in around the 1 hour 2 mins mark, but I've since come down with a cough and a cold so I need to shake that this week otherwise I'm going to find the run very difficult!

I also restarted the 30 day shred yesterday, and I'm hoping to incorporate this into my exercise routine once or twice a week as I seem to be loosing weight but I'm staying flabby, so this will help to tighten all those wobbly bits!

Another cool thing I found was a running club in Manchester which does 5km runs every Tuesday. Since I don't get home now until fairly late, and don't get a chance to go running during the week, I've started going to this. I went for the first time this Tuesday gone and absolutely loved it! I got a bit carried away at the beginning but the challenge of other people running with you is really motivating and I actually managed to beat my 5km personal best and did it in 28:14.

Good luck for the Friday weigh-in.

The running club sounds awesome! Congrats on beating your personal best.

Good morning all! Another good week here, and a teeny tiny loss of 0.1kg bringing me to exactly 61kg and 1kg from goal weight. This last kg is one hell of a pesky bugger though, and I can tell it'll need some gentle persuasion to leave!

I plan to do another session of the 30 day shred today (I could feel it for about 3 days after last week) as that's working nicely at helping me tone up, and potentially a short run this afternoon if the weather cheers up.

Food this week has been alright, I'm sticking to pasta salads, soup, nuts and fruit at work for dinners, and a relatively healthy meal for teas. Currently netting approximately 1800 cals a day, but thinking I'll bring it down to 1700 this week to try and shift that last kg.

So I completed the Manchester 10K yesterday :)

My first official run, and I completed it in 1:03:28! It was ridiculously hot, but it was an amazing day and I loved every minute of it. I'm upping the game and I would love to run a half marathon next year, so that's my next aim.

So today I'm having a nice relaxing day, reading, light food and a bit of sun.

Hello everyone! Sorry I've not been about the last couple of weeks, life is hectic at the minute!

I've been in my new job 5 weeks now and I'm really getting into it. I have a good variety of work, so it's never boring, and it's generally a nice atmosphere to be working in. There's a great team feeling and we often go out for dinner and such just to hang out, which is great for socializing - not so great for my waist line haha.

We've just bought some new scales as the last ones went kaput last week, so I'll be doing my official weigh-in in the morning, see if it coincides with my previous reading. The new scales also measure body fat, so it'll be interesting to see what that is, as the last time I had it measured was around 10 weeks ago, and it was at 23%.

Morning all! It's ridiculously sunny outside - definitely running weather, so going to plan a nice run for that later on.

Official weigh-in this morning was 60.9kg, so that's a gain of 0.1kg. Considering that last weekend I easily consumed around 8000 calories over the course of two days, and that this week has been a damage limitation week, I'm very happy with that. However, I've now been stuck around this week for the past 5 weeks, and I really need something to give me a push and get me loosing again. I don't want to just accept the weight and maintain with only 2 pounds left to goal! That'll feel like I'm giving up.

So with that in mind, I'm going to lower my calories from 1700 to 1600 for a few weeks, and see if this helps. I'm also going to be trying to get on here every night, or every other night and post a food diary, as although what I'm eating is healthy, I'm eating a little bit too much which won't help me cause.

Exercise wise, I'm still running 2 or 3 times a week, which with my current work-load is as much as I can do. In the mornings before I get ready I'm popping in a few bicycle crunches and push-ups, and the occasional kettlebell exercises to help tone my stomach, which I feel is my main problem area.

Yesterday was a really good day I feel. Finished on 1664/1600 cals.

Breakfast - 40g chocolate cereal and 90ml skimmed milk (220 cals)
Dinner - Tuna salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, mangetout, sweetcorn and light honey and mustard dressing (254 cals)
Tea - Beef steak with sweet potato mash and baby carrots (496 cals)
Snacks - Sensations peanuts, dates, Jordons Fruseli bar (469 cals)
Drinks - 3 coffees, 2 Amarettos and diet cokes (225 cals)

Today I'm looking to finish under my calories, as I'm getting lots of exercise in. Took the dogs out for an hours walk this morning, and just getting ready to go out for a 4 mile run.

I'm definitely doing a bad job of posting daily hah!

This week on the whole has been a good week, and weigh-in this morning was 60.7kg, loss of 0.2kg, which although is small, it's a step in the right direction as I've been stuck around this weight for about four weeks. I do believe I could have seen a better number as I had earlier in the week, but I blew it with a Chinese on Wednesday, and I've just managed to claw it back in time for weigh-in!

I'll be happy to loose another 0.2/3kg this week, so my goal for next week is to see 9st 6lbs on the scales on Saturday. It's definitely doable if I stick to this 100%.

Exercise wise is going well. I was out running on Tuesday and set a new PB for 5km which was 28:11, which I'm quite pleased with. I'm doing the Tesco Race for Life at the beginning of July, which is another 5km, and I'd like to aim for that as another PB, maybe around 27:30. I also got out early this morning and ran 3.44miles, and I've just finished a 30 minute weights session, as I really need to get toning now. I went shopping for dresses on Thursday, and even though I can fit into a size 10, they just don't look good on me, as I'm still flabby in all the wrong places. I've bought myself some dumbells, I've already got a kettlebell, and I'm going to get my hands on a good exercise book so I can put together my own workout. Might even get back on the good old EA Active!

Food wise, apart from the Chinese, I've been pretty much spot on. Here's my food for the past week:

Sunday - cereal, ham salad, Thai green chicken curry, dates, fruseli bar, Sensations peanuts, creme caramel (Cals 1824, Exercise - 707, Net - 1117)
Monday - cereal, pea and ham soup, sausage and bean casserole, grapes, cup a soup, crisps (Cals 1770, Exercise - 183, Net - 1587)
Tuesday - boiled eggs, ham salad, cheese and ham toastie, grapes, fruseli bar, crisps, nectarine, Costa mocha (Cals 1605, Exercise - 313, Net - 1292)
Wednesday - cereal, cottage pie, Chinese salt and pepper chicken and chips, nectarine, fruseli bar, dried fruit, grapes, flapjack, hot chocolate (Cals 2313, Exercise - 0, Net - 2313)
Thursday - cereal, tuna salad, fish and vegetables, fruseli bar, banana, cup a soup, 2 x mini cookie (Cals 1502, Exercise - 0, Net -1502)
Friday - boiled eggs, pea and ham soup, creamy bacon pasta, cup a soup, banana, fruseli bar, dates, hot chocolate (Cals 1686, Exercise - 0, Net - 1686)

I'm very pleased with my self restraint yesterday!

We went out for a meal for a friends birthday, and then out for drinks afterwards, and I'd already looked at the menu and chosen what I was having beforehand so I could add it to MFP. I stuck to my choices, only had one alcoholic drink with diet coke, and finished well under my calories for the day. Very happy.

Yesterday:
Breakfast - cereal and skimmed milk (183 cals)
Dinner - ham salad with mixed leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and pea pods with no dressing (84 cals)
Tea - Wagamama, chicken summer rolls for starter, ginger chicken udon for main, chocolate, ginger and chilli frozen yoghurt for dessert (1169 cals)
Snacks - 60g dates (181 cals)
Drinks - 2 coffees, 1 amaretto and diet coke, a few diet cokes (127 cals)

Exercise - 3.44 mile run, 30 minutes of strength exercises (-429 cals)

Net calories - 1315

Today I'm a little sore from doing loads of lunges yesterday, but exercise wise I've been on a hour long walk this morning with the dogs, and I'm going to attempt some yoga for the first time in my life, as I need to work on flexibility. Wish me luck hah!

Back