tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Sounds like planning before going out really helps. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks Sian, I really do find it helps. If I go out somewhere without checking beforehand, I'll just get greedy and pick whatever my eyes think looks the nicest, and I'll really pig out.

Today has been another good day, and finished under my calories again. I'm feeling that this will be a good week, and definitely no takeaways. Don't have the money :p

Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (227 cals)
Dinner: Tuna salad with baby spinach, cucumber, pea pods, cherry tomatoes and light thousand island dressing (240 cals)
Tea: Home-made chilli (463 cals)
Snacks: 30g dates, 30g Sensations peanuts, 1 Fruseli bar, 1 lemon cheesecake pot (656 cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee, 1 cadburys hot chocolate (264 cals)

Exercise: 60 minutes walking the dog, 20 mins on EA Sports Active (-301 cals)
Total: Net 1549

I also did the fitness test on EA Sports Active, and the last time I did this was in September when I weighed around 11 stone. Since then, my average heat rate has reduced by 8 bpm, and my recovery time has reduced from 44 seconds to around 23 seconds. I'm very happy with this, so when I think to myself that I can't see physical differences, I know I'm making myself healthier, and I'm adding years to my life by getting fit and active now :)

Had a great weigh-in today! Finally starting to head in the right direction after nearly 6 weeks of stalling. Persistence is definitely key in this, and I'm glad I've kept my head in the game and not thought 'well I'm not losing any more, may as well eat what I want.'

So official weigh in today is 60.4kg, a loss of 0.3kg, and I'm now 9st 6lbs :) Only 1lb left until goal, and I'd love to hit this within the next two weeks, just in time for my university graduation.

Food over the past week has generally been very good, although a couple of social occasions were slightly testing haha. First an all you can eat Indian buffet on Wednesday with the BF, and then Frankie and Bennys on Thursday with some old work colleagues. Both occasions I didn't stress too much about what I was having, but tried to opt for the healthier options, and didn't stuff myself. Learning restraint in situations such as these are key, and once I do get to where I want to be, I want to be able to enjoy myself without the worry of it all coming back on.

Thought I'd also post this as well, as it's kept me going for the past year, and it might be helpful to others. I've been tracking my weight weekly for the past 12 months, and as you can see, it's not always been an easy journey. I've had gains on many weeks, and more frequently as I neared my goal. However, having a graph like this really helped me to see the bigger picture, and that one small gain did not undo all my hard work, and as long as the general trend is down, then I was doing a good job.

2rj3.jpg

Another great day yesterday :)

Breakfast: 2 cheese and onions muffins with olive oil spread
Dinner: Ham salad with mint sauce
Tea: Sweetcorn and chorizo soup with ciabatta
Snacks: 30g dates, 1 Fruseli bar, 1 raspberry donut
Drinks: 2 x coffee, Zero Monster

Exercise: 20 minutes of Kettlebell exercises

Net: 1484 cals

I actually enjoyed the Kettlebell exercises, but I need to step it up if I want to really tone up. I've been having a quick look into P90X, so if anyone's had a good experience of it then I'd love to know. However, even if it is really effective, I'm not sure I would have enough time to get through it as recommended, as a lot of people say it requires 60-90 mins per day, which at the minute is just not possible for me. I might end up just getting a load of those 10 minute exercise DVDs and mixing and matching them so that I can do short routines daily and then longer routines at weekend when I'm not at work.

Also got myself some stretch cream to rid myself of these dreadful things. I'd hoped they might have gone as I lost weight, and while some did, I'm still left with a few unsightly ones around my stomach and hips. Been using Palmers Stretch Marks cream now for about 4 days, and I'm seeing a slight difference. Not sure how long you're meant to apply them but going to keep at it for a good month or so.

Exercise wise today, me and my running buddies have got a 10 mile run planned. It's going to be super painful haha and is probably going to take around 2 hours, but since I need to start working in more training for a half marathon, this is the way to do it.

Just got back from an epic 2 hour, 10 mile run. Everything aches! That's my longest distance by far, so I'm really happy that I managed it. I'm going to have to get hold of something to help with these aches though as my knee was really starting to hurt at around the 7 mile point, and we did include a lot of walking, so I dread to think what it might have been like if I was running the full distance.

At least I've got a good understanding of where I'm at fitness-wise, and now have new goals to aim for.

Well done on the run, 10 miles is a good distance. I have knee problems too, and although I don't run I do use some supports for other exercises. They were about a tenner off Amazon, and give support as well as keeping the heat in the joint.

I've skimmed your journal from the start, good job on getting it done! Oh, and ignore the body fat reading off your scales cos it'll be woefully inaccurate. If you really want to know then get a set of calipers but to be honest the best tool is the mirror and the size of your smile.

In a bit :)

Well done on the run, 10 miles is a good distance. I have knee problems too, and although I don't run I do use some supports for other exercises. They were about a tenner off Amazon, and give support as well as keeping the heat in the joint. In a bit :)

Thank you Hobbio, and yeh, someone at Costa also mentioned something like a knee brace to help the problem, as I'm sure when I'm running I must be slightly twisting it funny or something like that. Will see how it goes and if it continues then I'll get hold of one. I think I'll be looking at getting some new running shoes in the next couple of months as well, and there's a running shop in Manchester where they test your gait, and they suggest shoes which can straighten out the running lol.

So. Drum roll please :D Official weigh in today is 59.8kg, which means 9st 5lbs, and also means that I've now officially hit my goal weight!

I'm sat here quietly beaming to myself, and I think honestly I'm rather shocked and can't quite believe I'm actually here. It's taken me 13 months to get from 12st 5lbs to this point now, and so many positive things have come from this. If at any point I doubted what I was doing, I'm so glad I stuck at it, because I feel like a completely different person.

• I can now go into any clothes shop and pick up a size 10 without worrying it will fit me (but I still can't help going for the larger sizes haha!)
  • I now enjoy my food much more, and the occasional take-away makes a lovely treat, rather than something I constantly felt guilty about.
  • I used to get really painful hips during the night if I lay on my side because of the weight. That has completely gone.
  • My hair and skin is in much better condition because I'm eating a more balanced diet.
  • I've discovered running, which has now become a regular hobby and I'm now closer to my friend and cousin because of it.
  • I no longer shy away from social occasions, so I don't feel like I'm wasting my life sat in my room.
  • My confidence has sky rocketed, and I honestly don't think I would have gotten into my dream job without it.

So where do I go from here? I'm 100% going to carry on calorie counting. It helps to keep me accountable for what I'm eating and will keep me on track. Running has become part of my life, so I'll be continuing going out with a running club on Tuesdays and then out myself on the weekend. I'm aiming to do a half marathon in Blackpool in April, so that's one of my long-term fitness goals. Last week was also a great week for strength building, and I managed to get in three kettlebell exercises. I'll be sticking with these and be looking to really improve my toning, and hopefully in another years time I'll be strutting my stuff in a lovely bikini :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh wow well done you! You've done amazingly well you must be so proud.

Amazing! I hope you are proud of yourself! Though I am sure you are.

I envy that feeling you have right now. You must feel great. Next challenge is maintaining, but if you stick to running so much that shouldn't be an issue at all hah :p

Hello all! I can't believe it's been three months since I last posted on here. I hope everyone's doing well.

Just a quick catch up on how I'm doing. Current weight is 59.4kg, and I'm very happy to have been maintaining now since I hit goal. I'm still counting calories as this keeps me accountable, but it's not too much trouble and it really helps me to stay on track when I'm having a day where I just want to eat and eat!

Since I last posted, I've done a couple more races. I did the Tesco Race for Life 5k, and the Salford 10k last month, where I got a time of exactly 1 hour! I've signed myself up for another 10k in Manchester in November, and currently training towards getting a time of 58 mins :)

Oh wow! you are going awesome! congrats!

Hello everyone! It's been a while, and I hope I still see some familiar faces around :)

Just a quick recap of everything that's happened since last time I posted on here in October. It's fair to say it's been a hectic last six months. Unfortunately I lost my job in December as the company I was working for went into liquidation. Around this time I lost all motivation for fitness and healthy eating, and I really struggled to keep up with my running. I wanted to carry on working in the games industry, but there aren't that many jobs available, so I ended up moving up to Edinburgh in February to get some more experience at a larger company. I was up there for three months, and I started to get back into good habits, but I still didn't have that much motivation as I was away from my family and fiance, and then every time he did come up to visit it was like a celebration! Which as you can imagine involved lots of good food :p. However, as of last week, I've started a new job back in Manchester, so I've moved back home, entered myself for the Bupa Manchester 10km in two weeks, and tomorrow I will get to the shops and get everything I need for healthy lunches.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm currently at 63.5kg / 9st 13lbs, which means since hitting around December I've gained 9lbs, which I aim to loose again. That's what brings me back here, as I know how supportive everyone is.

Now that I'm settling back into a routine at home, I'm aiming to get out and go for a run two or three times a week. I was out this morning and ran 7 miles with my cousin. I enjoy our Saturday morning long runs, as they're awesome for having a catch up! Food wise, it's not been brilliant today, but after my shop tomorrow it'll be soups and salads for dinners and low fat filling meals for tea. I'm aiming for net calories of 1500 per day. Hopefully I'll get back down to my goal weight within around three months.

Wish me luck!

Hello everyone! Yesterday didn't go too badly calorie wise, but the actual nutritional content of the food could be much improved!

Breakfast: Museli and full fat milk (296 cals)
Dinner: Packet pasta (472 cals)
Tea: Chorizo and sweetcorn soup with 1 slice of wholemeal bread (431 cals)
Snacks: Doritos and pringles (these were leftover from Friday night, so now they're gone, no more of these!), 1 apple and Muller rice (835 cals!)
Drinks: 1 coffee and cappuchino (101 cals)

Total food = 2135 cals
Exercise: 7 mile run and half an hour walk (-827 cals)

So this morning I went out and did the food shop for my lunches for the week, and I'm now prepared to tackle this think head on! Here's todays food plan:

Breakfast: Museli and full fat milk (296 cals)
Dinner: Covent garden skinny tomato and veg soup with 2 rye crispbreads (330 cals)
Tea: Singapore vermicelli with chicken and vegetables (633 cals)
Snacks: Apple and Muller light (179 cals)
Drinks: 1 coffee and 1 cappuchino (101 cals)

Food total: 1539

I'm pretty pleased with how that's looking, and if I can keep it up I'm confident I'll be able to get back down to my pre Christmas weight come July/August :)

So yesterday was a very good day, and I'm quite pleased with myself. Had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and I'm down half a pound over this weekend. This bodes well for the upcoming weeks!

I stuck to the food I'd wrote down, and I also got out and went on a 3 mile run with my cousin, earning myself a few more calories with which I treated myself to some red grapes and a packet of Snack a Jacks :) Overall I came in at net 1588 calories, which is well within where I'd like to be each day.

I think I'm going to have Saturdays as my official weigh-in days, so I'm hoping this week for a nice 2lb loss. I don't think it's too much to ask for a first week, do you?

Tempted to get out and go for another run today if my legs stop aching haha, or otherwise potentially half an hour of a fitness DVD. I'm re-running the Manchester BUPA 10km in two weeks, and this is a major milestone for me, as it's the first race I did a year ago and was my goal for losing weight in the first place. Back then I did the race in 1 hour 3 mins, and since then I'd like to think I've improved some! I'm hoping for a time of around 58 mins, which would be absolutely amazing. So ensuring I eat well and train these next two weeks is pretty important!

Food plan for today will be salad for dinner, and fresh burgers for tea with sweet potato fries. Hoping again to come in around the 1500-1600 net calorie mark. Will post an update later and let you all know how I get on.

Hey Greta, glad to see a familiar name :D How you doing?

Got my homemade burgers ready and chilling in the fridge, and I've quickly put together a lovely spicy sweetcorn salsa to go with the burgers. For dinner I had a tomato and pepper pasta salad which wasn't too bad, but a little high on calories.

Hello! Doing Ok thanks - still maintaining _ well sort of! Still in the 9s but only just!
Ever vigilant when trying to keep the weight off I find

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ha I'm exactly the same! Saw the scales getting ever closer to 10 and then that was the final straw! Down another couple of points of a kilo this morning! I know they say you shouldn't weigh yourself daily, but for me it motivates me. If it's gone down, then I'm motivated to carry on, and if it's a stay the same or a small gain, then I'm motivated to do better.

Today has been another really good day. I did 30 mins of kettle bell exercises yesterday and my legs and arms are killing from that, but it's all worth it to get myself a beach body for this summer! Today I went out with a couple of friends after work and ran 3 miles.

Food:
Breakfast - Museli and skimmed milk (268 cals)
Dinner - Morrisons broccoli and green pesto paste (724 cals. This is quite high in calories but it was nice, so I'm going to try and make myself a lower calorie version to take to work)
Tea - Chorizo and sweetcorn soup (333 cals)
Snacks - 1 banana, 1 packet of Snack a Jacks, Cadbury brunch bar, Muller light Banana yoghurt (469 cals)
Drinks - 3 coffees, 1 can Pepsi Max (33 cals)

Total Cals from food 1827 - 315 exercise calories = net calories 1512

Hoping to keep this up! Feeling good about this.

Back