Two completely different frames of mind regarding losing weight and binging

Big H

Silver Member
Yesterday, the absolutely most important thing for me, was to be in control of my eating and to lose weight. I was hating binging, completely fed up with it and 100% motivated to get back on CD. Yesterday, losing weight was far more important than food.

Today I am back on CD and all I can think about is how much I don't want to be restricted in what I eat and how much I just want to binge. Today food is more important than losing weight. :rolleyes:

This is a constant cyle for me

Anybody else experience this?

Hi Hun, totally know where you are coming from. When I'm on Cambridge/Exante all i wanna do is get on weight watchers which results in me being good for about a week then eating bad again and moaning that losses are too slow, so then start wishing i was on cambridge/exante again.

It's totally a head thing and this time round i'm not looking at it long term, small goals in the hope it tricks my brain in to not rebelling :D and hopefully I will be able to stick this out x

I agree it is all in the head. I have days like that where ill yo yo from being the CD poster girl and saying to my OH how committed I am and enjoying not wanting to eat, getting excited about what size I might be by a.certain date and then an hour later think of nothing but food!

Yeah I know exactly how you feel, I'm wanting the weight loss but wanting food at the same time, but then when I've resisted I feel good and proud of myself. I am really struggling tonight. We can do it, just try to think of how good we will look.

All the time!

I know CD works like nothing else for me, and when I'm stuffing my face I can't wait to get back in control of my life and my weight.

Then when I'm on CD my mind starts playing tricks with me, needing me to feed my face and my food addiction at the same time. It is an addiction, but carbs are the drug of choice :sigh:

Always a constant struggle...although I am REALLY trying to make sure I just focus on one day at time again.

Can I get through today...so far yes I can and I have been 100% there is NO FOOD in my house though as i live on my own so I don't know how people with families do it!

I think I should maybe write a mantra.... Food is not my friend, Food is not my comforter, one day I will enjoy food for what it truly is, Fuel and now and again something I can enjoy with friends and family for special occasions....long mantra but that might help! x

I know exactly how you feel.

When I'm fully on CD it works, and feels great.

I seem (for the first time) to have committed to CD and stuck to it 100%. I've never been so successful as I have since the beginning of January.

My biggest concern is maintenance. I really am all or nothing. I have no confidence that I'll be able to find the right balance. Either I'm on CD 100%, or I eat (and eat and eat and eat).

I've had a 'practice' at eating (I got sick and had to come off CD for 3weeks). I joined SW to keep me from going off the rails - but being 100% on CD, just having 3 tetras a day, was so much easier than being allowed to eat food, but trying to restrict it.

I need to find the solution. I refuse to go through this journey again.

Good luck.

I think it's common for 'dieters' following any plan to feel like this.
It's almost like you want what you can't have isn't it?
When your stuffing your face, you want to be in control and when you are in control you want to be stuffing your face!!
Almost everyday for about the past 2 weeks, I have woken up thinking that I really want to have a nice meal and have been very tempted. So far, I haven't given in and every evening I feel proud that I have made it through another day.
And I think thats the thing, we just have to take each day as it comes.
I don't think your feelings are any different to what most people feel, you just have to weigh up what you want more, a short time eating and the self loathing afterwards or feeling fab when you stay on plan and step on the scales....I know which one I chose!

It's very much all in your mind. This diet really is a test of your emotional feelings towards food. For some of us it is a wake up call, for others it's an evil little devil sat on our shoulder kicking us back into that hot fire of temptation. For me the burns that scar me on the scales are not worth it. I much prefer the halo that shines over my head each week the scales drop the lbs.

Of course there is also the compliments, the new clothes, the confidence, the longer life...;)

It's very much all in your mind. This diet really is a test of your emotional feelings towards food. For some of us it is a wake up call, for others it's an evil little devil sat on our shoulder kicking us back into that hot fire of temptation. For me the burns that scar me on the scales are not worth it. I much prefer the halo that shines over my head each week the scales drop the lbs.

Of course there is also the compliments, the new clothes, the confidence, the longer life...;)

Very well put!!!

From the sounds of this thread, it seems we all have the same evil devil onour shoulder. I wish it would F off :D

I am so like this!! But I do feel as if my mind set has changed going into wk 10 of SS. I don't feel I am missing out now at all whereas at the start I actually felt depressed that I couldn't snuggle up with my old friend food! xx

Back