TWO QUESTIONS!!

Hi - I'm new to Slimfast (only started last week) so I have a couple of questions and I would really appreciate any answers/advice anyone has for me.

1) I had my first weekly weigh in on Monday (I started Slimfast the Tuesday before) and lost 2lb in my first week - not a bad loss, but according to the formula as set out in the 'how to Slimfast' sticky post, I should have been on for a 3-4lb loss. I just wondered if anyone else has had that happen and whether it may have been my 'fault' - two things i wonder whether i may have gone wrong on a) about 3 out of the 6 days I was doing it my daily calorie intake was only 1000-1200 instead of the 1300 recommended; b) i didn't manage to drink 2l of water every day, i only had about 1l per day....... Any advice gratefully received on this one!!

2) Why are the shakes you make up at home more calories for less liquid than the ready-made ones? You get 330ml in the made up shakes and only 250 ml skimmed milk, so possibly 290mls of the one you make up at home.... Also the powdersd have more calories in them.... Anyone noticed this before?

Anita xxx

Hi Anita, I only lost 2lbs in my first week, and I was expecting to lose a bit more. I think it could be that you're not eating enough calories. If you eat fewer than 1200 calories per day, your body goes into starvation mode and tries to hold on to everything you feed it, because it doesn't know when you'll feed it next. Definitely make sure you eat at least 1200, as eating too few calories can slow weight loss right down!

As for the water, I think 1ltr is good, it should be enough, but maybe try drinking a little bit more. All liquids are included in this, including tea/coffee, squash, juice, and fizzy drinks, so if you don't like water on it's own, try something different. It might just give you a boost :)

Sounds like you're pretty clued up so far though, good luck with next week! :)

Back