Two UD's in a row..

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I've chosen to have my DD's on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.. But that means I'll be having two UD's in a row on Saturday & Sunday, is this ok? Or will this cause me to gain?

I have always had 2 ups on a weekend, I do gain but its all gone after mon DD, its not a gain you see in your clothes etc its only a gain the scales and a temp one, overall the trend will be downwards, I have done Juddd for 10 weeks in total and have had an overall loss every week bar 1 where I had a STS, My Juddd losses are in bold in my sig, I think a lot of us actually do set M,W F DD's hope this helps x

I did juddd in jan for 4 weeks and lost 13lbs in 4 weeks (7lb the 1st week 2lb a week for the next 3 weeks) stopped juddd for personal reasons loved the diet. Started dieting again in april lost 13lb on s+s then came back to juddd and have been on Juddd for the last 6 weeks and have lost a further 10lbs 1 of those weeks was a STS , hope this helps x

I'm torn between JUDDD or old fashioned calorie counting. I did try Cambridge but now I can't afford that sort of money, so for me I need something that's cheap and that's either JUDDD or calorie counting... Even after reading loads of good things about JUDDD, I kind of feel a bit skeptical and like it won't work for me? I have just under 50lbs to lose, and I don't wanna waste time fussing about with different diets and just wanna tackle it head on and get the weight off, and I kinda feel like JUDDD will cause me to STS a lot or even gain? I don't plan on eating junk food on UD's, I was going to make sure I ate plenty of fruit and veggies, protein and fibre and then allow myself a small treat in the evening maybe. I'm a typical binge eater and before have done lots of cycles of binging, starving, binging etc. so I need to tackle my issues with food the same time as losing weight.

It's difficult because there's so many diets out there nowadays, and so many pros, cons and contradictions to each one that I don't know what to do?!!! :(

I'm torn between JUDDD or old fashioned calorie counting. I did try Cambridge but now I can't afford that sort of money, so for me I need something that's cheap and that's either JUDDD or calorie counting... Even after reading loads of good things about JUDDD, I kind of feel a bit skeptical and like it won't work for me? I have just under 50lbs to lose, and I don't wanna waste time fussing about with different diets and just wanna tackle it head on and get the weight off, and I kinda feel like JUDDD will cause me to STS a lot or even gain? I don't plan on eating junk food on UD's, I was going to make sure I ate plenty of fruit and veggies, protein and fibre and then allow myself a small treat in the evening maybe. I'm a typical binge eater and before have done lots of cycles of binging, starving, binging etc. so I need to tackle my issues with food the same time as losing weight.

It's difficult because there's so many diets out there nowadays, and so many pros, cons and contradictions to each one that I don't know what to do?!!! :(

Ah, but you see, JUDDD is calorie counting. Assuming you'll end up with something like 1900 calories for an UD and 500 for a DD, that means that over the course of a week, doing the rotation you're thinking of, you'll be consuming an average 1300 calories per day. How many calories would you allow yourself per day if you were going to try 'normal' calorie counting?

And when doing 'normal' calorie counting, how often do you find you blow your calories? The joy of JUDDDing is that you get to legitimately blow your calorie allowance every other day. :D

To be honest with you, you do have to have faith in Juddd to enable yourself to eat on your UP days, but other than that there are no downsides to it, granted you eat very little on a few days during the week but thats it. Its def cheap as you hardly eat anything on your DD there are no special foods etc. I have tried nearly every other diet out there and believe me they all work, for a short time that is. Trouble is you are always waiting for them to end cos you are missing take aways , chips, chocolate so you end up failing all the time, sound familiar? if it does the Juddd is for you, I started Juddd again 6 weeks ago weighing 13 5lbs I am now 12 9lbs , I eat all my UP day cals have every weekend off and I mean takeaways chocolate whatever I feel like, and yet I have lost 10lbs and I didn't have a first week woosh as I came straight from a vlcd.
I am never waiting for the diet to end as it only lasts a day at a time, it really is as easy as that. If you think you can stick at 1300 cals 7 days a week until you lose your 50lbs then go for it, if not Juddd has got to be worth a try x

Lily said:
Ah, but you see, JUDDD is calorie counting. Assuming you'll end up with something like 1900 calories for an UD and 500 for a DD, that means that over the course of a week, doing the rotation you're thinking of, you'll be consuming an average 1300 calories per day. How many calories would you allow yourself per day if you were going to try 'normal' calorie counting?

And when doing 'normal' calorie counting, how often do you find you blow your calories? The joy of JUDDDing is that you get to legitimately blow your calorie allowance every other day. :D

Hiya, I guess you're right - JUDDD is calorie counting but I guess the UD amounts just scare me a little! It's given me 2261 for UD's and 452 on DD's, which averages out at just over 1500kcals a day I think. I was going to eat between 1200-1400 if I CC...

Obviously my UD amounts are so high at the moment cause I'm very overweight, so when my weight decreases they will too.

bajoleth said:
To be honest with you, you do have to have faith in Juddd to enable yourself to eat on your UP days, but other than that there are no downsides to it, granted you eat very little on a few days during the week but thats it. Its def cheap as you hardly eat anything on your DD there are no special foods etc. I have tried nearly every other diet out there and believe me they all work, for a short time that is. Trouble is you are always waiting for them to end cos you are missing take aways , chips, chocolate so you end up failing all the time, sound familiar? if it does the Juddd is for you, I started Juddd again 6 weeks ago weighing 13 5lbs I am now 12 9lbs , I eat all my UP day cals have every weekend off and I mean takeaways chocolate whatever I feel like, and yet I have lost 10lbs and I didn't have a first week woosh as I came straight from a vlcd.
I am never waiting for the diet to end as it only lasts a day at a time, it really is as easy as that. If you think you can stick at 1300 cals 7 days a week until you lose your 50lbs then go for it, if not Juddd has got to be worth a try x

What you said about waiting for diets to end is definitely true, especially with me. I always have the mindset of "well the naughty foods will be there when the diet ends so I can have them then.." and then undo all the hardwork & gain the weight back just as quick as I lost it.

I am a huge sweet tooth person, and if I knew I had to go without chocolate forever just to keep slim then I think I'd rather be overweight - as I enjoy food and to be deprived and miserable is a big no no for me!! So with what you're saying, JUDDD would fit in well for me because I can have the treats and naughties on my UD's, without the guilt.

I'll stick with JUDDD, although I haven't tracked any calories today so not sure what I've consumed! But haven't eaten an awful lot so I should stay under my UD allowance. Tomorrow is my first DD and I've got some left over Cambridge shakes to get me through.

Thanks ladies :)

I weigh a fair bit more than you but I work on 500/2000 - that's what the calculator gives me if I plug in the 'no exercise' option. I do some exercise, but have decided to play it safe because I think I'd find it easy to fool myself about how many exercise calories I've burned!

Glad you've decided to give it a go. Don't be afraid if your scales bounce around all over the place - it's the overall trend downwards we're looking for.

So happy ur sticking with is hunny! I feel it's a good one! Plus the benefits seem amazing! Xxxxxxxxxxxx

bajoleth said:

Bajoleth, What u say is inspiring and true. I've always put my life on hold when dieting but here I don't need to. Plus. U have had some wicked losses! X

Lily said:
I weigh a fair bit more than you but I work on 500/2000 - that's what the calculator gives me if I plug in the 'no exercise' option. I do some exercise, but have decided to play it safe because I think I'd find it easy to fool myself about how many exercise calories I've burned!

Glad you've decided to give it a go. Don't be afraid if your scales bounce around all over the place - it's the overall trend downwards we're looking for.

I entered light exercise 3 times a week, cause I need to get my butt back into the gym! I did try it with no exercise but it gave me something really low like 325 on a DD and I know I wouldn't manage that!

Glad you are going to give it a try x. If you are a daily weigher then as Lily says don't be afraid of the UPs and Downs as there will be both its the overall loss at the end of the week (after a DD ) that you are looking for :)

laurenmay said:
I entered light exercise 3 times a week, cause I need to get my butt back into the gym! I did try it with no exercise but it gave me something really low like 325 on a DD and I know I wouldn't manage that!

You don't need to go as low as 325 to start with. Dr J recommends newbies to start with 500 cal DDs (regardless of what the calculator says). You can always work down to 325 - but you may not need to. It's the wide difference between cal allowances that seems to keep the body guessing. The other thing is that it gets easier to have fewer calories on DDs ( yes, really!) - but you really should try to have most of your UD calories to make sure you're well fuelled for your DDs.

I'm gonna do a 2000/500 pattern I think :) first DD for me tomorrow and fingers crossed I get through it okay.

laurenmay said:
I'm gonna do a 2000/500 pattern I think :) first DD for me tomorrow and fingers crossed I get through it okay.

U will. My DD too. I'm gonna have my packs tmrw! X

Hope you enjoy SW - it's a good plan, once you get your head around what you can have on red, green and extra easy days. :) Unfortunately, I found it all too easy to trough myself silly on free food, so it never worked out too well for me ;) but it seems to work well for most folks.

You know where we are if you ever change your mind! Sending you slim thoughts and best wishes! :hug99:

I gained weight on SW happily eating free foods without any portion control... But all supposedly allowable

Back