ultimate frustration!!

I don't let anyone cook for me! My OH never cooks unless it's SW Chips or Beans on Toast!

People don't understand how much damage 'a little bit' of butter can do, I know they're not out to sabotage us but still!

Totally with you Allie!!! I do all the cooking anyway but being on SW has turned me into a crazy control freak! Even when I go to Starbuck's or something I make sure to tell the Barista that I have a "condition" that prevents me from drinking full fat dairy. If I'm not too convinced I have a soya latte. It's making me mad just reading this thread! :eek:

My hubby does it too....buys the wet noodles to do a syn free stir fry......adds not 1 but 2 jars of Lloyd Grossman sauce to a bolognese etc etc I've been doing SW since September but he still doesnt get it...then I get frustrated as I end up doing all the cooking or having to cook for myself if he cooks :confused: Bah! So I completely sympathise! I suppose when you KNOW SW its pretty easy (though we do all still make mistakes) but he doesn't HAVE to know it and live it so its not sunk in!

It's quite simple really!! I'd have killed him :8855:

I think that its each to their own where they get their syns from, I get mine from my evening meals (a little nob of butter here, a bit of olive oil there) whereas I never eat chocolate or crisps etc. Im more than happy having fruit for a snack and syn free breakfasts and lunches.

Im definitly with you on this one i am a syn saver through the day and use them for gravy granule in my dinner or the 'healthier' syns ie not crisps and chocolate.

Its not really meals that i struggle with, I am really good monday to friday as me and my OH dont live together yet so we eat seperatly. Its the weekends that i have trouble with as he is always eating crisps or sweets or buscuits anything that i cant help but pick at. I do my best to have a variation of it so when i cook a meal he can still have hash browns and i will have more tomatoes etc, he doesnt mean any harm but often puts a 'treat' on my plate or butter in the scrambled eggs if i let him cook

xx

I'm a total control freak, especially when it comes to SW, and I have to say that as supportive as my dh is, he just can't grasp certain things about SW!! Frylight is a dirty word and he things that you can use extra virgin olive oil liberally for cooking and drizzling because it's 'healthy'! He made a chilli once for when I came home from work (blessim) He'd bought all the fresh ingredients himself! When I asked him if he'd used extra lean mince he said yes but I found the packaging in the bin and there was no extra lean about it!! And low and behold the next day the leftovers in the fridge had a lovely orange layer solidified on top! He was only trying his best and I felt terrible for stropping about it!X

I'm with you girls - have to know how many syns I'm eating.

However I do wish that on the odd occassion my hubby would even just offer to do some cooking - or even just make his and son's lunch for a change. I seem to do all the cooking - and when I'm making them cheese sandwiches I hate it - then he'll come in and nibble at the cheese in front of me!!

It's so frustrating!!

I totally get this thread. Me and my nan once had a fall out cos she made home made burgers and she put 2 tbsp's ketchup in them. She didn't need to tell me as I have a really sensitive sense of smell and could smell it and I refused to eat them so now she sticks to recipes.

My Husband has decided its silly me eating one set of meals and he another so he is doing SW as well. He is now driving me potty asking me the syns in everything and measuring the amount of milk in my tea. If he says can you have that on extra easy one more time I shall brain him with my cook book! Or my other 'favourite' so far is - "so I can eat as much as I want of x?" I love him to bits for helping me out and being supportive but he can read the book as well as I can - Ive only been doing it 10 days!

I once sent my hubby to the shops to get some low fat fromage frais and he came back with low fat creme fraiche. I didn't use it, but I checked the amount of sins and it was something horrendous! So, I ended up with no fromage frais and a tub of creme fraiche that no one wanted! XD I always go shopping myself now, lol.

lol, Tawts! Bless your husband!
Week 1-4: 17.5lbs
Week 4-9: 15.5lbs

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Back