Ultimate Value Diary App

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Off Topic' started by Chocolate, 10 January 2014.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

Is anyone using this app? Just fed up of paying on line membership when all I am using is the app!

Can anyone tell me if it works out your points and what would happen when you get to maintenance?

TIA X
  2. sarahm85

sarahm85 Well-Known Member

I've been using this app for a while now, I too used to be a paying online member. The app is great, yes it works out your points and it can be changed to maintenance points once you reach your target. It tracks your weight well and the barcode scanner is really handy too! Generally speaking I've found the database is accurate with branded foods, but you do have a calculator to check. I think it's better than WW app as it offers so much more.
  3. Shez__x

Shez__x Well-Known Member

i think the app is fab!
  4. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

The app is marvellous. I just make sure if I've got the NV and weight I'll calculate it rather than use the database and then store it in my favourites.

Definitely worth the money especially as you get everything you need
  5. Autumn500

Autumn500 Well-Known Member

I love this app, it's fantastic. I also use the myfitnesspal one to check some nv's if I don't have packaging to hand and can't find it on the value app. I joined online then cancelled after the first month because the value app was way better and I use these forums rather than the ww anyway so I was just wasting money!
  6. lauracookie17

lauracookie17 Well-Known Member

I use my value app but was wondering about joining ww on line...really no point then?
    diary - 4 stone to loose the veggie way
  7. Autumn500

Autumn500 Well-Known Member

I suppose it's down to the individual but for me I joined it as I had never done pp before so wanted to find my points allowance. I use the value app for all my tracking and get all my other info from here or googling, so to be honest I didn't find it was offering me much else, but that could just be me

8. Shez__x

Shez__x Well-Known Member

i think its just the same but a cheaper version, minimins offers alot of help and support for any questions and a general chit chat, n that app does the same!
    i dont go to meetings simply because i cant afford it n i can do exactly the same from home :)
  9. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

That's brilliant thank you everyone! Think I will be cancelling my on line membership and saving myself some money xx
  10. Dia Dhuit Puisín

Dia Dhuit Puisín is back on the wagon!

Here in Ireland we can't access WW online so I find this app invaluable.
  11. purpledaryl

purpledaryl New Member

I'm trying to use ultimate value diary after using the official WW app for ages and I'm probably being an idiot but I want to track a potato weighing 311g. I can see potato 50g andy tried to change the servings to 6 but that made the propoints as 6 but WW has it at 7. Helppp
  12. Dia Dhuit Puisín

Dia Dhuit Puisín is back on the wagon!

Since you know the value why not add it manually.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app
  13. Alycyn1980

Alycyn1980 Addicted to Minimins!!!

Hi All

Does this app account for the new WW Plan with the Simple Start/F&H i.e does it have the choice to jump between Feee Food & 49points a week or does it only have your daily points and 49 for the week?

I hope that makes sense?!

Thanks peeps :)
  14. UKSerena

UKSerena (Will)PowerPuff Girl! X

Hey! I *think* you can only use this App with the Regular Plan and not SS/F&H, I use it and find it fantastic but not obviously if you wanted to follow either of the latter two plans! X
  15. Alycyn1980

Alycyn1980 Addicted to Minimins!!!

Thanks. I noticed on it that u can choose if an item is filling & it comes up grey in colour so although counts all points u can deduct the filling points from total & kp a wee diary of ur own with this info 2 kp track. Hope that made sense!! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app
  16. UKSerena

Yep that makes sense! Just be cautious of the Database on there, I always add my own Food and use that within my Diary, that way I know it's definitely right! X
  17. MummySarahE

MummySarahE Well-Known Member

I've got the weight watchers app. It was £30 cashback if I signed up and it cost £30 so basically free for 3 months.

But I may look Ito this app in 3 months time. Would you recommend it?
  18. UKSerena

The App is FAB, it's basically just fake WW! X
  19. Hannah311

Hannah311 Member

Not seen that app, will look out for it now.
  20. athens

athens Well-Known Member

So would you say this app is accurate enough? I am about to choose between it and the online subscription! I have been an online member before but I have never used ultimate value diary app.