Ummmm Atkins and Cambridge

bunnycd

I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried going into ketosis with Atkins and then switching to CD? One of my clients asked the question and I said I would do some research and call Cambridge. I guess if carb intake is less than 60g Ketosis will happen! Any thoughts?

Hi Bunny

Can't see why it wouldn't work as Atkins is a ketogenic diet. They would need to stick 100% to atkins to ensure they went into ketosis and then switch. Worst case would be that they didn't get into ketosis but at least had cut down on carbs which would make the transition easier anyhow.

Georgie
x

I did. I had about 20g carbs for 3 days then switched to CD. I didn't count calories in those 3 days, just carbs.

Went into ketosis no problem. The first time I did CD, I just dived on in. Never again :D

That is interesting....I think being able to eat Sausage, bacon, eggs and cheese for the first 3 days will be heaven to people embarking on CD for the 2nd time around ...

I found it easy. Wouldn't have done the sausage. Best to keep the carbs as vegetables. I did have friend egg and bacon for breakkie and possibly a couples of chickens with veg for lunch. :D

Still got the bad headache, but it was bearable as I could take some pills with a carton of cream :D

Back