Uncovering my true self

It better do ... I'm so close to giving up ... Bit I know in my heart that o would regret it if I did

No you won't or I'll stalk you via this website :D (just kidding....)

It better do ... I'm so close to giving up ... Bit I know in my heart that o would regret it if I did

Don't do it Kath! We have the same start weight, and the same target, I just noticed :)

You have done well, how much have you lost on average each week? If you are anything like me, you could regain your loss in a couple of months, so don't do it! You don't want to have to lose that 1st 7lbs again :)

As the cupboard was pretty bare, I decided to try my hand at the SW quiche today, using 3 eggs, 200 g of cottage cheese and lots of ham. I loathe and detest cheese (I only eat cottage cheese because it doesn't taste "cheesy"), so I was surprised and disconcerted to find that the cheese taste became much more concentrated that I had expected. Still, I ate half of it for lunch with mixed veg, and the other half for supper with salad (it tasted much better cold). If you don't mind the taste of cheese, I would definitely recommend it - for my part, I shall chuck lots of onions and things in it next time to soften the taste a bit.

One thing I don't understand: why does low-fat milk have so many more syns that low-fat cottage cheese (except if you're using it with EE as a healthy extra)?

Nooooooo - if you feel like that, you need a clearer vision - not just loose 2, 4, 6 stone - whatever it is. I have tried that & failed more than once - create a vision. Make a pinterest board or cut pictures out of mags - don't tell people if you feel they pressure you. Focus on that image or desire. It works! I want to wear a 50's pin up dress - it keeps me going. And when I'm wearing it I'll have married the most amazing man in the world. (I've already met him btw - just not marrying him while I'm fat.)
Come on girl - because you're worth it.

As the cupboard was pretty bare, I decided to try my hand at the SW quiche today, using 3 eggs, 200 g of cottage cheese and lots of ham. I loathe and detest cheese (I only eat cottage cheese because it doesn't taste "cheesy"), so I was surprised and disconcerted to find that the cheese taste became much more concentrated that I had expected. Still, I ate half of it for lunch with mixed veg, and the other half for supper with salad (it tasted much better cold). If you don't mind the taste of cheese, I would definitely recommend it - for my part, I shall chuck lots of onions and things in it next time to soften the taste a bit.

One thing I don't understand: why does low-fat milk have so many more syns that low-fat cottage cheese (except if you're using it with EE as a healthy extra)?
Now here's a revelation - is it true - cottage cheese doesn't taste cheesy? I've only ever tried it in those scones - I have a life long dislike of cheese. This year I decided to embrace cheese, so far I eat Wenselydale with cranberries and low fat Philly garlic and herb - cottage cheese looks like cheese vomit to me! What does it taste like, I'm really intrigued but I know I can't eat it yet :)

*lol* well that's the funny thing, it doesn't usually taste cheesy at all... if you don't mind yoghurt, I don't think you'd mind cottage cheese either. For me, it tastes no more cheesy than philly does.
It was just when it was cooked with this quiche thing (you don't normally cook it)...... I was like, omg no, it tastes of cheese!!! :eek:
Actually, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that loathes the stuff. If I were to die and go to hell, I'd find myself not in flames, but in the middle of a huge, smelly cheese fondue *blergh*

*lol* well that's the funny thing, it doesn't usually taste cheesy at all... if you don't mind yoghurt, I don't think you'd mind cottage cheese either. For me, it tastes no more cheesy than philly does.
It was just when it was cooked with this quiche thing (you don't normally cook it)...... I was like, omg no, it tastes of cheese!!! :eek:
Actually, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that loathes the stuff. If I were to die and go to hell, I'd find myself not in flames, but in the middle of a huge, smelly cheese fondue *blergh*
My total abhorrence of both eggs, cheese and fish made me think I'd never ever find a diet to suit me - as they all seem to have huge quantities of the damn stuff in them - salmon and cream cheese quiche - it's the stuff of nightmares!
Well done on your first stone, I'm floundering this week, had no chance to go swimming or even for a cycle - and really missing it (OMG - me - miss exercising!). Kids have me ready to reach for the carbs - doesn't help that made the most gorgeous sponge cake with DD1 yesterday (had a big slice but didn't have any dinner as wasn't in the mood - so hopefully wont hurt).
Have a great weekend.

Very nice lunch today.... wrapped skinless, boneless chicken breasts in bacon and bunged them in the oven at 180° for half an hour - no oil, no syns on EE and absolutely yummy - even my son was enthusiastic, and normally he's the pickiest eater imaginable. Served with boiled spuds and red cabbage (son had gravy as well).
Watermelon as an afternoon snack, ham sandwich, salad and plums for tea. 1 choc digestive for evening snack. Most satisfactory *burp*

Lost another 2 lbs this week - that's 16 lbs in 5 weeks, for me that's positively miraculous! :D

In case you were wondering, I no longer feel the need to note down everything I eat (or not at the moment), because I feel I am well into the swing of things now. I do need to take more exercise, but it's so hot here at present that just opening your eyes starts you perspiring gently. In any case, that will be taken care of - now my son is on holiday from school and me from college, he says he is going to put me through a rigorous fitness program. I can just see him in 10-15 years time, as a coach on "The Biggest Loser"....

Wow - somehow I managed to lose 4 1/2 lbs this week!

Actually I suspected some of it might be due to dehydration, as I know I haven't been drinking enough water. So I shan't be too surprised if I have an STS next week. Even so, my BMI is now lower than 40 for the first time in years. And without wishing to brag, I'm really proud of having lost nearly a stone and a half in 6 weeks! :bliss:

Another 2 pounds off this week, that's 1 stone 8 lbs off in 7 weeks! And this means I now have less than 100 lbs to go until I reach my target weight! The projection says I should reach my target weight by May 2013, which seems an awfully long way off, but if I manage it, it'll mean I'll have lost 120 lbs - nearly half my starting weight - in less than a year. And the remarkable thing is, most of the time it doesn't even seem difficult.

Stayed the same this week *grumps* but I have been retaining a lot of water due to TOTM and this awful heat (34 °C in the shade!) - haven't been drinking enough, I know. I seem to put on a couple of pounds during the day then pee it all out at night, so probably I've really lost a couple of pounds.Here's hoping it shows up next week.

2.5 lbs off this week - which means I've lost 10 % of my body weight in 9 weeks!! *does happy dance*

Hey hon, where have you been hiding? :)

I haven't been on minis much lately, I have been fine though :) I got my 2 and a half stone award on thursday, so I am a happy lady :)

I haven't been on minis much lately, I have been fine though :) I got my 2 and a half stone award on thursday, so I am a happy lady :)
Wow congratulations!!!

Yay - 3 lbs off this week and my 2 stone award!! Started the Couch to 5k program this week, which is certainly helping :)

Yay - 3 lbs off this week and my 2 stone award!! Started the Couch to 5k program this week, which is certainly helping :)

Wow - well done you. It's falling off ya - great stuff.

Back