Uncovering my true self

Not been posting much of late, but still persevering... Been doing SW for 3 months now and have lost 34 lbs, very happy with that.Perhaps I can lose another 30 lbs by Christmas!

Great to hear your still sticking with it. 34lb in 3 months is fabulous & if you keep going 30lb more by Xmas can be done - I was aiming for 42lbs from June 25th to Dec 25th and on track at 24lb so far, despite a month of sts/wobbling off track/hols. You'll have to show us a pic of you in your Christmas frock - I don't think anyone in my family has seen me in a dress since 1989!

Another 2.5 lbs off this week, AND the 2.5 stone award!! :)))

Only lost one pound this week, but that's OK because I fell off the wagon a bit... husband's birthday last Monday, and of course I couldn't let him eat his birthday cake alone! :) The great thing is that it's taken me out of the 15 stone zone down into the 14s.... for the first time in about 8 or 9 years!
Now in week 6 of the Couch to 5 k program, and have signed up for my first-ever 5 k race on December 31! Mad or what??

Another 2.5 lbs off this week, AND the 2.5 stone award!! :)))
must start couch to 5k again.
You're doing mighty there girl. Are you doing it on a treadmill or streets?

must start couch to 5k again.
You're doing mighty there girl. Are you doing it on a treadmill or streets?

In the streets, through the woods... we live in a rural area and I don't have access to a treadmill, so it's the only way really. Some horrific gradients though....

Totally chucked my diet and exercise plan over board last week as I was on holiday in Vienna.... and had a brilliant time as well! Was rather surprised and relieved to find I hadn't put any weight on.... back on the straight and narrow anyway (and struggling with unaccustomed hunger pangs...).

a wee break doesn't hurt. And now you're back on top of it the hunger pangs will soon be forgotten. Here's to a great week - I need one too as also was sts. Oh well. Onwards.

a wee break doesn't hurt. And now you're back on top of it the hunger pangs will soon be forgotten. Here's to a great week - I need one too as also was sts. Oh well. Onwards.

Not the weather to be dieting either, is it..... bitterly cold here and I'm desperately craving carbs!

Not the weather to be dieting either, is it..... bitterly cold here and I'm desperately craving carbs!
The official SW line is that you can have them - but I'm trying to clean up my diet overall, as once I give into refined carbs I suffer all day with feeling hungry and deprived - but I did eat wheaten bread with lunch twice and once for breakfast (just one slice each meal) and had a tiny (about three forkfuls) of non wheat linguine with dinner and I've been so bloated this week it's ridiculous. So not expecting much this week, although I did a couple of 10 mile cycles instead of walks this week - been on plan 100% and will be disappointed if don't get a pound off.
I wouldn't mind the cold - it's the torrential rain that's keeping me indoors! Oh well, we'll get there - leaner and lighter - we can do it.

Wow - a week off the wagon seems to be one way to get off a plateau.... lost an amazing 3.5 lbs this week and got my 3.5 stone award! :D

The not so good news... have to go for a colonoscopy on Dec 17th. Oh well, I guess the purging beforehand will knock a bit off too.... :sigh:

Gained a pound this week, damn it - first week I've had to record a gain :mad: Not really surprised though.... wrong time of the months, and I'm feeling horrendously bloated, like a whale that just gorged on baked beans........

2.5 lbs off this week after a couple of weeks gaining :D Am also burning off calories like mad... today I ran 4.4 km in 38 minutes and burnt off 560 calories! Have finished the C25k program now and can't wait until my first 5k race on 31.12... I originally started running to lose weight, but it has now gained a momentum of its own and I am now loving it as a hobby (me, who used to hide in remote corners to get out of school sports lessons....:p )

Despite the Christmas festivities, I lost another 2 lbs this week. The funny thing is, as soon as I started eating a little more, the weight started dropping off again after being on a plateau for several weeks. Just goes to show that you can actually stop your weight loss by not eating enough.

It's now 6 months since I undertook a total overhaul of my diet and exercise habits. In that time, I've lost over 50 lbs (20 percent of my original body weight) and gone from couch potato to someone who can comfortably run 5 km (3 miles) non-stop. Roll on 2013!

Back