underactive thyroid

rach b

I'm really struggling to lose any weight at all even though my levels are now ok.Has anyone else got an underactive thyroid and any tips?

yup I have a underactive thryoid which I am terriable at remembering to take my thyroxine for, I now however as I am taking Xenical take the 2 at the same time just after I wake up and already feel a lil more energetic only 10 days in to doing so :) x

Thanks for the info,it's strange because when I strictly diet for weeks and the weight doesn't come off.Then I'll ease off and a few pounds might drop off but then stop.I'll look into the amount of bread I eat maybe.I saw a nutritionist too who said to manage my own sugar levels and eat protein with every meal-I done it for 3wks but didn't feel gd and put on 2pounds!so frustrating!it's gd to spk to other people for advice!thanks!:0)

I put on weight with an underactive thyroid. Once the right level of medication was sorted out I went straight on a diet but the weight didn't come off evenly. It seemed to come off very, very slowly and then loads came off really quickly. I definitely think a low carb diet is the way to go as I feel really well on it and never feel bloated either.

Good luck!!

I have an underactive thyroid and take thyroxine daily.
I did LLT for almost a year and lost 12 stone with no ill-effects.
My complete health improved 100%.

I have an under active thyroid too and have for many years.
I actually put on 2st in just under two years before it was discovered.
Must say the info about bread seems to be the same with me but as I find it difficult to digest potato I do like a bit of bread instead but have noticed that it does affect my weight loss if I eat more than two slices a day.

Hope you have success in your weight loss.. all the best to you.... :)

LLT is Lighterlife Total which is a VLCD as opposed to LLL Lighterlife Light which includes a light meal per day.

Back