underactive thyroid

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by rach b, 13 September 2011 Social URL.

1. rach b

rach b Member

I'm really struggling to lose any weight at all even though my levels are now ok.Has anyone else got an underactive thyroid and any tips?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. butter_on_toast

butter_on_toast Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Xenical ~ low fat,
    yup I have a underactive thryoid which I am terriable at remembering to take my thyroxine for, I now however as I am taking Xenical take the 2 at the same time just after I wake up and already feel a lil more energetic only 10 days in to doing so :) x

4. rach b

rach b Member

Thanks for the info,it's strange because when I strictly diet for weeks and the weight doesn't come off.Then I'll ease off and a few pounds might drop off but then stop.I'll look into the amount of bread I eat maybe.I saw a nutritionist too who said to manage my own sugar levels and eat protein with every meal-I done it for 3wks but didn't feel gd and put on 2pounds!so frustrating!it's gd to spk to other people for advice!thanks!:0)

5. thunderthighs

thunderthighs Silver Member

Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    I put on weight with an underactive thyroid. Once the right level of medication was sorted out I went straight on a diet but the weight didn't come off evenly. It seemed to come off very, very slowly and then loads came off really quickly. I definitely think a low carb diet is the way to go as I feel really well on it and never feel bloated either.

Good luck!!

6. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    I have an underactive thyroid and take thyroxine daily.
    I did LLT for almost a year and lost 12 stone with no ill-effects.
    My complete health improved 100%.

7. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    I have an under active thyroid too and have for many years.
    I actually put on 2st in just under two years before it was discovered.
    Must say the info about bread seems to be the same with me but as I find it difficult to digest potato I do like a bit of bread instead but have noticed that it does affect my weight loss if I eat more than two slices a day.

Hope you have success in your weight loss.. all the best to you.... :)

8. rach b

rach b Member

What is LLT?that's amazing well done!thanks everyone.gd to no I'm not going mad!:0)

9. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    LLT is Lighterlife Total which is a VLCD as opposed to LLL Lighterlife Light which includes a light meal per day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.