• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

understanding atkins

hi everyone i have read thru the posts about atkins diet especially the one by jim explaining it but im still really unsure as to what exactly i can eat and how much daily im allowed! i will get the book but until i do i want to get rough idea of what i need to buy!! is the book just called the atkins diet???? if ne one could help with regards as to what i can eat and what i have to count id really appreciate it!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

*Michael*

Silver Member
S: 14st3lb C: 10st9lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 19.7 Loss: 3st8lb(25.13%)
Howdy,

I know you said you're going to get the book first and give it a read. No point setting yourself off down the wrong track! :)

Roughly though, most meats, eggs, cheese, fish and salad vegetables. No sugar or refined carbs (e.g. no pasta/rice/bread) or starchy veg (potatoes/parsnips/carrots etc). Watch out for veg - alot of them are surprisingly carb-heavy. Think bacon and egg for breakfast. Leafy salad and fish or pate for lunch. Steak and salad for dinner etc....

There's been a few versions of the book - one from the 70s (I've never read it though), one from the 90s and early noughties (I think most people, including myself use this one - it's called Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution) and one that's just been released (but I don't think many people rate it - I haven't read it).

Maybe your library has the book in? Or if you know the dark arts of the internet you might be able to find it that way!...

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi Blonde and welcome to our little forum. Have a read of the "What are we eating" thread, that'll give you an idea.

As to quantities, apart from the 3 mugs of chopped green veggies a day, Atkins said eat until you feel moderately full, i.e. you are satisfied. Atkins is not about starving yourself thin.