Red Days understanding red days

Loobylou1509

Can someone give me a quick explanation of his red days work please! I have been following ee since starting sw at beginning of June but thought I'd maybe like to see if the red days suit me better! Thanks in advance!

Hi I did red and it seemed to work for me. I lost 3 1/2 stone in 6 months
You do need to think ahead more and I found it difficult at times, but that's me and my taste buds and cooking skills :)

Hopefully we have the same books
Pages 16, 17, 18 -all your free foods
Page 19 - your staples

Hex A you can have 1 or 2 a day
Page 21 same as EE

Hex B you can have 2
Pages 23, 24, 25 and 33

Superfree is a third of your meal
Pages 11, 12

That's it! :) I think I have it written right lol

I'll give it a go... but I'm sure other members will help out too as I'm not used to EE days!

Red days...
Meat, seafood and fish are free food as long as all the visable fat is removed and not cooked in fat/oil and all your superfree foods such as fruit, most vegtables, eggs, quorn and tofu. All these free foods you can eat as much as you like (until you are full). Then add 2 HXBs, 1 or 2 HXAs and the rest is syns

EE days...
All the above is free just like the red days PLUS all the green day foods such as pulses, rice, pasta, grains and all vegtables. Here comes the major difference though... you only get to choose 1 HXB and 1 HXA ( I think!!)
You should aim for each meal to contain 1/3 of super free foods. I dont do EE days as I'm not a great lover of potatoes, pasta and rice and the 1/3rd of a plate thing sounds like hard work to me! However I do have to have my wholemeal bread and cereal. So I tend to stick to Red days rather than the EE
Vicki x

Last edited:
Back