Unexpected gain this week....

LisaC

Gold Member
After a week & a half off over xmas I gained 3lb which was totally deserved.

This past week I've stuck to SW 100%, I haven't oversyned & I've done 30 minutes exercise 5 days a week but at WI this morning I'd gained 2.5lb. I'm absolutely gutted & not sure what happened...?!

I've had the odd glitch in the past for no reason but I've never gained this much. 2.5lb works out an extra 8750 calories & I know I haven't eaten a huge amount of extra food this week!! :eek:

I hear ya! Dont really have much advise as I also had a bad week...but you will get some good advise from others I am sure! I followed the plan like you, excersized ALOT and still had a poor result! But I am over it now, and looking forward to next weeks Weigh in when I'm gonna lose lose lose!

Don't let it get u down. Your efforts will start to show, just don't give up!

I wondered if it could still be the xmas weeks catching up....my WI was Wednedsday & I'd got back into SW on the Monday before so I was already back into it by WI so didn't think my bad eating over xmas would still have an effect up to now.

I had a very unexpected 2 1/2lb gain a few weeks ago, the following week I lost 6lbs! The only possible reason was I'd had a gym reprogram & I often find this slows down my losses almost as if my body has gone into shock. If I do a lot of the power plate that seems to affect me too.

I had a very unexpected 2 1/2lb gain a few weeks ago, the following week I lost 6lbs! The only possible reason was I'd had a gym reprogram & I often find this slows down my losses almost as if my body has gone into shock. If I do a lot of the power plate that seems to affect me too.

This is my first week throwing myself back into a good exercise regime, do you think that could have accounted for the gain? It seemed crazy I'd burned off calories working out but somehow taken in nearly 9000 calories to put on 2.5lb!

In my experience very possible, if I do a lot in the gym it seems to have a negative effect on the weight loss but a positive one on the inch loss.

Could be anything, Xmas catching, up, the exercise, water retention, heavy meal, star week or a million other things. Its one week, dont worry about it, it will be gone next week. If its not gone in a month thats when you need to start looking at where the problem is. I've put 5lb on in a week before for no apparent reason, I lost 8 the next week. Just stick to the plan and eat properly :)

If you've had a good week, then I wouldn't worry about it - it's probably just bloat and you'll get a really good loss next week to make up for it!

I have had unexpected gains on my weightloss journey and to this day I don't know why, as others have said it could be many factors... The main thing is you know you have been good and but the effort in. Stick with it and you will be rewarded next week

I agree with the others, it may be catch up, it may be water retention for muscle repair after exercise, star week etc.

2 weeks before xmas I had been good and had a shock weigh in with a 6.5lb gain, completely unjustified. The next week I lost 9lb. Try not to let it dishearten you, believe in the plan and plough on.

Let us know how you get on next week.

I find when I start a new exercise regime my weightloss slows for a few weeks especially when I find I have achey muscles :eek:

Dont worry though it will all catch up & even itself out. I'm probably heading for the same this week despite being 100% on plan for the past 2 weeks but it will be worth it in the end

By the way make sure I take your measurements coz the inches you losse can be just as rewarding

I agree with the others, if your doing more exercise then water retention may be ur reason but that's good, keep eating and drinking right and it will adjust it's self.

I know from past experience how disheartning a gain is especially when yo have stuck to plan. I find * week i often have a gain or STS and have also had it happen for no apparent reason! Keep going. x

Back