Unexpected weight gain while on SW. Any ideas?

Carbs are not the enemy and neither is quorn. My whole diet revolves around pasta, potatoes and quorn and I lost 4.5 lbs this week. I do green days too. I don't have a diary on here but this is my day yesterday to give you an example of what I am eating and having good weight losses.

Breakfast: Costa primo skinny latte (HEA), mixed fruit salad with Greek yoghurt, 1 Alpen light (1/2 HEB)

Lunch: 3 x Ryvitas (HEB) with FF cottage cheese, mixed salad with lemon juice, 1 Alpen light (1/2 HEB), apple

Dinner: 2 x Quorn crispy fillets (6 syns), SW chips, baked beans.

Snacks: Bowl of strawberries with 1 fun size bag Milky Way Magic Stars melted on top (3.5 syns)

Drinks: Peppermint tea and sugar free squash

This is exactly what I had yesterday and I have the same breakfast and lunch pretty much everyday (apart from the latte only because they cost so much!)

Trust the plan it works!

feggy said:
If you are scared of carbs, you don't eat meat and you're cutting out quorn - what do you eat apart from fruit and veg?!

I am wondering if you're eating enough. Do you eat plenty of pulses? Eggs? What do you use your syns on?

Oh dear, I should have said! I do eat a lot of beans and pulses, and maybe 4-5 eggs a week. :) my HexB is 30g All Bran for brekky, and then either a piece of toast later in the morning or a hifi bar.

I have problems this week as we have no kitchen. Planning has been hard, loads of soup in the freezer but just didn't fancy it today. Had beans instead.

Syns go on hifi bars/Jaffa cakes etc. I do use them, and I'm genuinely never hungry so I feel I'm eating enough. When the kitchen is back I'm going to increase carbs a bit. :)

Thanks again ladies. :)

Ok, I have an update. I lost 2lbs tonight. I did cut the carbs and Quorn last week, not sure if that helped, or if it was just my weird body. Consultant was happy with food diaries so at least I know I have got to grips with the plans, which was a concern. Eating out tomorrow night, so we'll see how this week goes.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, much appreciated. :)

Back