unhappy at work

chubbyemma

Silver Member
Good day girls.

Thought i would start a work thread.

I'm a support worker and not at all enjoying my job at all at the moment. staff issues mostly.

got me curious as to what you all do for a living? are you happy working there?full time? part time? thinking of changing jobs?

thought it might be a interesting thread :)

hi hon i was desperately unhappy at work but am finishing here on friday and going to start a new position at a new firm being a paraplanner and cant wait

I currently work as a Homecare Assistant and LOVE the clients, the job itself but the company I work for is horrendous, I dread waking up on a morning knowing I have to go to work.

BUT, i have just got a new job as a HCA at my local hospital. My CRB has just been cleared so hopefully I will hear from the hospital this week and get a start date. Im so excited as the job is on the surgical ward so getting people prepared for theatre etc etc and with it being a day unit theres no more nights, weekends or bank holidays - this year will be the first in 5 years I will have christmas off - yippee!!xx

hi hon i was desperately unhappy at work but am finishing here on friday and going to start a new position at a new firm being a paraplanner and cant wait
:) I'm a paraplanner. However, we're just in the process of deauthorising and joining St James Place as partners. I'm a bit apprehensive ...

oh girls whats a paraplanner? its sounds very different I'm curious to know now, i bet you cant wait ronniejacobs for Friday to come around and leave.

nothing worse than working somewhere your unhappy.

oh missgalaxy you lucky thing,i have just got my application forms to apply for a hca position, been told it can take months for the process to be completed with the crb checks and all:(. so I'm stuck here for now boooo

you must be so excited, it sounds like a really interesting job, and Christmas off....:eek:oh my goodness, i know when you work in care having Christmas off is a big no no..you must be so pleased.

I'm a primary supply teacher whilst looking for a permanent position. Recently finished my first chunk of supply cover at a school and really enjoyed it. Was also told by my agency I had left a very good impression so hopefully I might get asked back for future cover or could even put me in a good position if there's a vacancy there one day!

Aww thank you, yes Im really pleased and i was suprised at how quick the process was!! My CRB got sent away on 21sep and its been cleared already!!!!

Im really looking forward to starting now, its something ive always wanted to do and Im hoping once my youngest is a little older (shes 2) I may go on do my nursing.

What do you enjoy doing? Do you have a 'dream job' in mind? x

I'm a medical typist in the Trauma and Orthopardic department at our local hospital, which I love! I love the people I work with, and I am actually interested in the things I type! I work 4 days a week, in school hours, which suits me fine!

We have been in a consultation since May, so hopefully we will find out soon if our jobs are safe! Fingers crossed!!

:) I'm a paraplanner. However, we're just in the process of deauthorising and joining St James Place as partners. I'm a bit apprehensive ...

Hey small world, I work for St James's Place as a Admin/PA for a partner. SJP is a fantastic company to work for, they keep you informed about what is going on. The standard is excellent. However, I come from an IFA background & it took a bit of getting used to.

I love my job.

I also would like to know what a "paraplanner" is. Also (excuse me for being nosy!) what is "deauthorising"?

I love new words!

I also would like to know what a "paraplanner" is. Also (excuse me for being nosy!) what is "deauthorising"?

I love new words!
I work for an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). I'm as qualified as a Financial Adviser but I am not registered with the FSA by my employer, so I don't advise clients (this is my choice). I do however work behind the scenes, carrying out research, making recommendations and writing reports for clients, which are required to set out an adviser's advice. As an IFA, we are authorised directly with the Financial Services Authority (FSA), however, we have made the decision to end that (de-authorise) and join a larger organisation, St James Place. :)
One of our main reasons is that the FSA are making it harder and harder to survive as a small company in the financial services world.

Hey small world, I work for St James's Place as a Admin/PA for a partner. SJP is a fantastic company to work for, they keep you informed about what is going on. The standard is excellent. However, I come from an IFA background & it took a bit of getting used to.

I love my job.
Do you work directly for SJP or for one of their "partners"?

I work for the local government on their out of hours emergency management team. i love our small team and quite like the job even tho people only wanna talk to me when everything is going wrong lol. but mostly i like it as i get to do mummy things. sleep while they are in school and work when they sleep. i do miss the lil 1 (11 months) but as its 4 days in 4 days off we have a lot more time together that i would working days :D

I work for an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). I'm as qualified as a Financial Adviser but I am not registered with the FSA by my employer, so I don't advise clients (this is my choice). I do however work behind the scenes, carrying out research, making recommendations and writing reports for clients, which are required to set out an adviser's advice. As an IFA, we are authorised directly with the Financial Services Authority (FSA), however, we have made the decision to end that (de-authorise) and join a larger organisation, St James Place. :)
One of our main reasons is that the FSA are making it harder and harder to survive as a small company in the financial services world.

Thanks for that explanation. If your reports for clients are as well-written and easy to understand as that answer, then I am sure you are much in demand!!

Hi Emma. I am sorry you are not enjoying your job as much as you should. There must be another one out there waiting for you.

I buy and sell antique and vintage porcelain and absolutely love what I do. I don't even mind being up at 5 a.m. 3 rimes a week to go to our unit in an antiques market and at 6a.m. one day a week for a village market. I do antique fairs as well.

It is such a pleasure selling beautiful things to people who are buying them because they too appreciate lovely things.

To be privileged enough to handle pieces like this one is such a joy.

sy0562.jpg

WOW Sue you're work sounds fabulous!!!! I would LOVE to have my own business selling jewellery or something along those lines and, as you said, working with and selling all those beautifull items must be a privaledge - I am slightly green with envy lol! :jelous: xx

I'm a primary school teacher. Left my old job (where I'd been for 5 years) at the end of last term to become a supply teacher as I was SO fed up with all the stuff that wasn't in the classroom, and seemed to happen in MY time. (Planning, meetings, coordinating subjects, parents evenings, clubs, etc etc etc.)

I find getting up in the morning wondering and feeling a little nervous NOW, much easier than waking up knowing what I was going to have to get done and feeling full of dread was THEN. The days are a bit harder, but boy is it worth it to be able to not have to bring work home every evening and weekend!

i left hairdressing and went into working with pre-school children, and i adore it. Every single day.

youl know what to do, when it comes to you. Give it lots of thought. Same job diferent place, or maybe a whole new career?!

xxx loves to you xxx

missgalaxy my perfect job at moment would be to not have a job lol. my life is so flaming busy there is not enough hours in the day :(

do keep me informed on how your new job is going, it sounds so intreasting.

sue your job sounds ideal, nice and relaxing to, i do so envy you lol x

Back