unofficial recipes with food packs

At the most, i'd limit it to only altering one a day, and that's in times of need!!!! x

thank you , im no good at cooking so not sure i trust myself to be adventurous!!

Its worth it! I made chicken crisps the other day and it was fab just to crunch something!!! I'm rubbish in the kitchen, so if i can do it anyone can!!
Just make a paste, spread it on baking parchment evenly, stick it in the microwave, keep checking in maybe 20 second intervals (i did) and voila!! When it gets crispy looking - they're done!! Break into pieces and enjoy!! xxxx

Lighterlife Black Forest Cookies & Chocolate Pudding :)
tumblr_lxpum9pfXu1qd8usn

Looks lovely!!! Will have to try it! I'm assuming you added fruits of the forest powder to chocolate for that?! xxx

Yep! But only a tiny bit as I've found that the fruits of the forest mix warmed up can be overpowering if there's too much of it.

In the mean time, I've discovered that I quite like the Sunrise Orange mix and should have tried it sooner.

I put half a teaspoon of it in about 70mL of water and a mix a chocolate pack in then leave it in the freezer for about 45 mins to an hour depending on what consistency you're going for. My result after 45mins is this; a minimilk ice cream texture at the extremities with an ice cold fondue sort of texture in the middle - all tasting like Terry's Chocolate Orange. Yum!

Naturally this can be done with any of the drink mixes, or even without simply using whatever shake flavour you prefer.

Attachments

• image-535858950.jpg
    image-535858950.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 167
My LLc said that you can't make crisps with the new soup packs, it just doesn't work anymore.
Does anyone know if you can?
Last time I did LL I often had crisps as it just made all the soups more palatable for me.

bump! :)

Re these recipes I wouldn't have coffee or anything with that much caffeine at the same time as a nutritional meal. Because caffeine stops the body from absorbing nutrients, and on LL you need every single one, to help avoid hair loss etc. so if you are having a pack every 4 hours, have the coffee in between, ie 2 hours after the pack, and 2 hours before the next one. Or have green tea which is very healthy and very low in caffeine, an does not inhibit absorption. But like coffee it can suppress appetite, and keep any hunger pangs at bay.

Avoid artificial sweetner tablets as they are carcinogenic.

Sorry about the lecture but I can't explain it any other way.

Good luck everyone.

Can I ask if anyone has seen these slow the weight loss down? My counsellor said I should only have the packs as they are intended as the recipes change the amount of liquid added. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Poppadums, crisps and ice cream oh and orange slush puppy's!

I'm officially not on a diet anymore! These recipes are fabulous! I'm spoilt for choice. Was only planning on staying on the diet for 6 weeks, but I've increased that to 8 weeks now. Onwards and downwards!

I've had a read of these, some of them sound amazing !!
I dunno if anyone else has the same edition of the LLT "my journey" book but there's a big chunk of writing on page 20 that says "ready-steady don't cook"
Basically outlining that these (as they describe them) "black-market recipes" are not a good idea because heating them could "compromise some of the nutrients they contain."

Does anyone know how detrimental cooking a pack actually is ?? I'm okay right now ... but I can see myself getting a little fed up later down the line (and totally want to try some of these !) My LLC said that you might as well have conventional food as you're not getting the nutritional benefit but it seems to me that people cooking/etc. the packs hasn't done an awful lot to their losses. Opinions ? Experiences ?

Err... well - you ARE supposed to cook some of them like the Carbonara / Porridge / Chilli con Carne... I guess they mean the 'cold' shakes... I'm not a chemist though - and I can't tell you the nutritional content 'before' or 'after' it's been microwaved... Leaving it 15 minutes or longer also apparently makes the nutrients start to break down...

My advice is - do whatever you want to do with a pack to make this more bearable - but pop a non-sugar coated (!!) multivitamin in that day if you're worried. Weight loss would not be affected by cooking of the packs - the nutritional side of things is more for your hair, nails, teeth, body etc...

Yeah, sorry it does mention you are meant to cook the porridge and chilli at the beginning of the quote in the book, but basically said they are the only exception ... Think it means things like the "crisps" when it says "black-market recipes."
Ahhh fair enough, might give it a go when I can't stand it anymore as a last resort ... I think my LLC is wrong this time - surely can't be worse than conventional food :\

Lol, OR you could try (omg I'm such a LL traitor!!) Slim&Save. They have some WONDERFUL dinner packs - they taste absolutely fantastic. I have a mixture of LL for breakfast and lunch (though one of the S&S soups is TO DIE FOR!!) and S&S for dinner. They are gorgeous and taste like 'real' food. So if you're stuck and bored of the same flavours on LL - give them a go. Nutritionally and calorifically the packs are very comparable and wouldn't affect anything at all. :) Plus much cheaper.

I knew Minimins wouldn’t let me down! Started Exante four days ago (did LL in 2005 and lost six stone in as many months) and used to really enjoy the crisps so came here to look for recipes. Yay! Just had my first lot of Thai Chicken popadoms - yum!

Back