unrealistic gaol weight

Hi all,
Is this wrong should i be aiming for the lowest weight?
i have changed my goal weight, i was aiming for 11 stone but when i think about it i weighted that when i was at school aged about 14. (in my dreams i would like to be 11 stone lol)
as I'm so big and have sooo much to lose i have to be real about it and i think i should aim for something a bit closer (not much lol) then if/when i get to my goal weight then aim for my 11 stone if I'm still not happy.
feeling a bit crappy today as i got my own scales back yesterday and their are the weight watchers ones that track your weight and i thought i was 336lbs pounds but was 339lbs but there is a good thing that has came out of it is that i have lost 2lbs:D as i thought i had only lost 1lb.
At the moment I'm finding sticking to my diet really easy, it was my daughters birthday yesterday and we went into town and she wanted burger king for lunch and i had a w/w sandwich then we had a big family get together and the family decided that they wanted chinese and i stuck to my ww points and only ate what id pointed for i was chuff with my self (don't always let my kids eat junk allday long, b-day treat :D).
Don't know why feeling so crappy think its hit me again today that i do have a long journey but i keep think to myself once I'm down the scales i will be sooo happy and then i will not have to count points i will just have to watch what i eat and not over eat if you know what I'm saying,:confused:
anyway will not bore you anymore and sorry for moaning but i don't have anyone else that would understand how I'm feeling :wave_cry:

hey,

I understand exactly where your coming from, I have 10stone or more to lose and I find it such a battle getting my head round what I need to lose which is why I have broke down my goals in to about 2billion stages, just to make it feel more acheivable and even still I know I have a monster mission ahead, but every pound you lose is a pound nearer to where you want to be :)

Also thats great you witheld from the Burger King, you made the right choice so go you!!

xx

HI and thanks,
just a quick question u say you eat anything (low fat ) and your weight loss is good so u don't follow a diet plan can i ask what sort foods u eat

HI and thanks,
just a quick question u say you eat anything (low fat ) and your weight loss is good so u don't follow a diet plan can i ask what sort foods u eat

I mainly have a slice or 2 of toast for breakfast, lunch a jacket potatoe with Tuna and salad (and a pretty small jacket potatoe) then dinner I have chicken with either pasta/or veg and gravy it does varie on days but I try to stick within that and have cereal bars or low fat yoghurts for snacks

I try to keep everything as low fat as possible, and then use Xenical if I exceed the 5g fat per 100g rule, but I also try to count my calories, as I feel more confident in what im doing that way :)

what are you currently eating?

i follow the weight watchers diet and eat some thing like this
b=cornflakes/weetabix/ s/milk or crumpets
l=sandwich cheese spread/ham salad/egg lite mayo
L/f crisp/ L/f yogurt/F/l bar or fruit
d= meat and veg gravy or meat stir fry
snacks twice a day fruit or L/f bar or teacakes or crumpets
these are the sort of food i eat i try to watch my crab as well, Don't know if i should but i just feel my body does not need a lot of crabs as I'm at home all day not burning off much Cal's

Hi and welcome along :)

just like you and Nee, I've got a bit of a journey ahead of myself. Nee's advice is spot on, just break it down to realistic goals, it won't seem so daunting!

I was being so good until a little blip last week, but let's not dwell on that ;) I'm back on track now.

well done on the burger king temptation, a couple of weeks ago, I took my little boy to Macdonalds, we don't have one where we live, so it was a big day out for him..anyway, the family sat there with their meals and I sipped a pure orange juice, it was easier than I thought :D

I look forward to chatting with you. I don't have anyone to chat to either about weight issues, apart from my husband, who is super slim :D so I come on here for motivation and a chat!

Take it half a stone at a time and give yourself a little (non food) reward every time you lose that 7 pounds. They soon mount up! Well done on resisting temptation.

KB x

i follow the weight watchers diet and eat some thing like this
b=cornflakes/weetabix/ s/milk or crumpets
l=sandwich cheese spread/ham salad/egg lite mayo
L/f crisp/ L/f yogurt/F/l bar or fruit
d= meat and veg gravy or meat stir fry
snacks twice a day fruit or L/f bar or teacakes or crumpets
these are the sort of food i eat i try to watch my crab as well, Don't know if i should but i just feel my body does not need a lot of crabs as I'm at home all day not burning off much Cal's

Yes 'Crabs' are never good hee hee xxx

Hi and welcome along :)

just like you and Nee, I've got a bit of a journey ahead of myself. Nee's advice is spot on, just break it down to realistic goals, it won't seem so daunting!

I was being so good until a little blip last week, but let's not dwell on that ;) I'm back on track now.

well done on the burger king temptation, a couple of weeks ago, I took my little boy to Macdonalds, we don't have one where we live, so it was a big day out for him..anyway, the family sat there with their meals and I sipped a pure orange juice, it was easier than I thought :D

I look forward to chatting with you. I don't have anyone to chat to either about weight issues, apart from my husband, who is super slim :D so I come on here for motivation and a chat!

Yes nice talking to people who do understand just how it feels to be like this

x

There aren't any rules to this.

In fact one of things that always put me off trying to lose weight seriously was just how much I had to lose. But somethings in life you just have to do. I think it's frustrating that it's something that takes time. There isn't any quick fix and it's not all going to go smoothly

If it motivates you more to split your weight goals instead of having this one massive goal then go for it!

On my signature I've started putting my next stone goals and how far off it I am (as well as trying to have dates to meet targets) because then at least I can see that it's going down.

Good luck! :)

i do the same i stick to low fat im not on any diet as such just eat low fat within 5g fat rule and its working for me..

i started at over 325lbs and now im under 150lbs at first i though ahhhh how can i do this , and it was terrible so i do understand , i just wanted to let you know i did it and im under 11 stone so you can be too , BUT always stick to stone goals.. never look at the big picture of you will feel like giving up as its too far ahead.... xx

i do the same i stick to low fat im not on any diet as such just eat low fat within 5g fat rule and its working for me..

i started at over 325lbs and now im under 150lbs at first i though ahhhh how can i do this , and it was terrible so i do understand , i just wanted to let you know i did it and im under 11 stone so you can be too , BUT always stick to stone goals.. never look at the big picture of you will feel like giving up as its too far ahead.... xx

thank u, can i just ask?
did u lose a stone a month?
and now ur under 11stone have u stopped taking xenical ?
and one last question, has ur portions got smaller and do you have lots of loose skin now.
soz for all the questions:)

Back