Unsupportive Family/Friends??

You've made the effort to go there and spend time with them so they can make the effort to support you.

LOVE this!!! And completely agree!! I think you should say this to them!!

xx

We are grown up people and we don't have to do what our families tell us to do any more.

We don't have to live up (or down!) to their expectations.

We do not have to validate their behaviour, nor do we have to justify or explain our own behaviour.

We can make our own decisions and stick to them, ignoring anyone who tries to get in our way.

Go on - you can do it!

Simmy,

Probably a bit late with the recommendation but if you take loads of mullers etc and just snack like mad on super free ./ free food that way it wont look like your dieting cuz you'll be eating loads and you can ask for a small portion at meal times because your so full. Try to snack in frnt of them, they dont know that mullers are free!! lol.

Alternatively whilst their cooking dinner make a mamouth salad or mound of veges and add it to your meal taking the naughtiness down to a minimum, then if they dont want it you can have the 'cant let it go to waste' attitude.

Suggestions for snacky things are HEXA 3 x babybel lights, HEXB 2 alpen light bars and low syn things such [as if its hot] have solero shots there little flavoured ice balls made by walls and are 1.5 syns per pack!! Also Ainsley Harriott cous cous is 1 1/2 syns per pack and stuff like that!! lol Also a good one to remember is take some low syn sauce Ex light Mayo, bbq sauce (1 syn per tblspn)

If drinking alcohol at a pub buy yourself a diet coke and ask for it in a short glass, they wont know it hasnt got vodka in it!! Or alternate your drinks, or drink really slowly that way they'll all get drunk so quick they wont know whats going on!!

Hope this helps!

xx

you know hadnt even thought about any of this!! i guess this is the beauty of having so many like minded people all wanting to achieve the same goal here!! but alpen lites and babybel will now be added to my shopping list!! plus the added advantage is a) its 2 boxes for £2 in sainsburys and b) my son loves them too!!!

and yeah with the alcahol i will try as much to make my own drinks in a short glass so they wont know! :flirt2:

Hi simmy I am going to be having exactly the same problem so can completely sympathise.

I am going to spain in 3 weeks to stay with mum and dad, I dont have the greatest relationship with my mum and she knows I am on sw but has booked for a day at a chocolate factory :eek: not sure what the intention was with that, but I shall go and smile politely and not try anything :D

However I have a plan of attack and will be following the plan as much as I can and I am defintely switching to the extra easy.

I definitely agree about filling your plate with healthier options before anything else and will take that piece of advice myself :D

Good luck and stay strong we can do it.

oh god you sound like my twin!! taking a chocolate loving sw'er to a chocolate factory should be a punishable crime!:cry:

Sometimes it sounds like a bit of jealousy as some people can't control themselves around food and get jealous when someone they know can take control of what and how they eat.

If they still pick at you when you're down to target, you'll know it was just jealousy over how you took control of your life.

Remember you are doing this for you, and you will be better off for it - emotionally and physically.

Do what you need to do to keep yourself healthy, don't worry about offending them if you say no to their food, or by taking your own. You've made the effort to go there and spend time with them so they can make the effort to support you.

Don't let them make you feel like you're being a 'spoil sport' by not drinking or bingeing with them.

yes i agree much of it is jealousy particularly on part of my once slimmer than me sister in law who (bless her) has had 2 kids wants to lose weight but refuses to actually do anything about it! she hates it when i talk about my weight loss she hates it when i lose weight to the extent that she has even hinted she thinks i have an eating disorder! :eek:

We are grown up people and we don't have to do what our families tell us to do any more.

We don't have to live up (or down!) to their expectations.

We do not have to validate their behaviour, nor do we have to justify or explain our own behaviour.

We can make our own decisions and stick to them, ignoring anyone who tries to get in our way.

Go on - you can do it!

I love this attitude! talk about live and let live! :p

Back