Unsure of which diet?

springergirl

Well I am back after 2 weeks off plan and have put on the weight I lost :(

Just been invited to a wedding reception at a posh hall at the end of May so this is now my incentive.

I just don't know whether to carry on with Slimming World as I want a quick fix (yes I know there aren't really any of those).

Wondering whether I could try and follow a red day all the time as I seem to bloat at the top of my stomach (just under ribs) when having carbs, mainly bread.

I really really need to lost at least 1st. I have a dress in my wardrobe that I wore to a wedding 2 yrs ago and want to wear it again but at the moment don't want to try it on as I know that it won't fit :(

First off.. well done on getting back on track as soon as you could!.. the longer we leave it the harder it is to get back on the 'wagon', so to speak.

As for 'which diet'?... mmm You seem to already know Slimming World..- I did it a long time ago and had the same trouble with carbs. I still do.. I eat just a bit and i go nuts looking for sugar, white carbs and get very moody.. for me a high protein low carb diet is the only way I can 'stick' to a diet (well, once I get my head into it anyway!.. so I looked into the new Atkins diet.. and it's awesome. Everything I want in a weight loss diet.. eating yummy foods.. never feeling hungry.. feeling like you're treating youself with shrimp and crab dipped in melted butter.. or chicken caesar salads.. just omit the croutons.. anyway.. I think it's pretty similar to the 'red days' on Slimming world.. maybe you could try it. ..Have a look at the thread on 'Atkin's'.."so you're thinking of starting Atkins'.. just in case you have questions.. which I know you will have.. (it's not a meat and cheese diet! lol.. and YES you can have veggies etc.. )... anyway.. It works for me.. as a carb addict to omit the problem completely!..

good luck!.. and let me know how you get on with your choice!

Give just red days a try if they work best for you. One of the great things about SW is you have 3 plans to choose from that all work if you follow them correctly.

Alternatively if you think that bread bloats you out, you can still do green or EE but just cut the bread out. I rarely have bread these days and don't miss it. I always have wholemeal pasta too and I find this causes less bloating and fills me up a lot more.

I think after doing SW and being able to eat lots of yummy food it would be really hard to do a 'quick fix' diet.

Good luck whatever you decide :)

It's a bit naughty to post on the SW board and suggest someone tries atkins :whoopass:

Rather like me trying to poach people on the WW forum :D

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I wasn't trying to 'poach' anyone. I've re-read my post and I admit it did sound a little like that.. I did SW, WW's.. all sorts of diets and as springergirl was asking 'which diet'.. and suggested she had trouble with carbs.. I suggested Atkins...simply because I have trouble with carbs myself. I should have continued to say 'TRY DOING RED DAYS IF IT HELPS WITH THE CARBS PROBLEM".......

as for 'shut up'.. well.. not sure where in the world that comment wouldn't be offensive..

I didn't realise this site was restricted to your 'own' diet. I just wanted to share my own experiences... just as well I didn't mention that I have a Lapband fitted too.

Still seems feasible to me that you can lose a stone by end of May on SW. At 2lbs a week you'd surely have lost a stone in time? For me I just knew I'd have to follow a 'healthy eating plan' style diet like SW as it could re-shape my eating habits for life. For me, a replacement drinks thing or similar more radical diet just wouldn't work as I'd get sick of it and fall off the wagon. I think you need real stamina to stick to the most restrictive diets and I just don't!

In my experience if you get a quick fix weight loss it ends up back on with a little extra. That is why i returned to SW as i found it to be a healthier more sustainable way of losing weight. Whatever you decide good luck if you put your mind to it and stay focused you will succeed.

In my experience if you get a quick fix weight loss it ends up back on with a little extra.

Sorry thats absolutely not the case, its not how you lose the weight its what you do once youve lost it that determines if you regain it. There are just as many restarters on WW/SW as there are on VLCDs.

If a person piles all their weight back on then thats down to them, not the diet!

I say give red days a go, I have pcos so White carbs don't agree with me, the more I eat carbs the more I want due to the sugar, no diet has worked for me but have been doing red days for 3 weeks and have lost 12.5 pounds so far, so loosing weight for may is deff doable and you still get to eat carbs on a red day, they are just limited and are the healthy wholemeal kind, good luck whatever you decide x

I have a similar problem with excess carbs, I just don't loose weight easily if I eat too much. I'm now doing mostly red days with a couple of EE thrown in but even on those I try and restrict the carbs a bit. I think you'd loose a good amount if you stick to red.

hi, i do all red days, lost a stone in 6 weeks! i do throw in the odd green day now and again when im craving a jacket spud and beans! i find im less hungry on red days and tend to eat alot of fish! can be bit more expensive. You just need to be positive, get lots of support and go for it! good luck hun with what ever you decide.x

I need to get focused and back on red days. I definitely find they work better for me.
They are more expensive, less convenient and probably not as easy (although that is prob just as much about my terrible inability to plan) but they do work well!

Some of my fave carb substitute are swede mash instead of spuds and cauliflower rice instead of rice!

what is cauliflower rice? sounds very interesting! i seem to live on crab sticks as snacks on red days, and fish or chicken salad! any more tips!!!????

Sorry to but in! Cauliflower rice is basically cooked grated rice, often cooked with onions. Because it's quite bland it works well as a rice substitute. If you google 'cauliflower rice' you will come up with a lot of low carb sites giving recipes. I recently came across a cauliflower 'dough' which you can use for pizza! I haven't tried it as I'm not that bothered about pizza.

Hi and thanks everyone.

I really need to get back to it but children are on half term hols so I really can't get back into it at the moment and I know this is an excuse as what will I do during the dummer holidays!

I love green days more and eat more on these but never lose as much so I have been considering red days alot but I never really find the right things to eat. Its usually steak (when I have the money), bacon or chicken (loved it with philly wrapped in bacon). I am not a fish person (other than cod in batter or tinned tuna!).

Thank you for the reply Kizzie, I do actually have 2 books upstairs about the Atkins diet and have considered them a few times but I feel that SW is more of a thing that I can continue for a way or life and not a diet.

I do know that I have been drinking the tipsy stuff far too much than I should, so I will be giving this up for a few weeks also and see what happens. I start my new job on Monday after being redundant for over a yr so hopefully this will also give me a boost.

Kim63 - I have been considering changing diets and welcome everyones input except your rudeness.

Springergirl, even though it's half term you could probably still start somewhere. Maybe just decide to have an SW breakfast; or just count Syns without actively trying to curb them; or replace your snacks with AlpenLight bars etc etc. I think if you wait for the 'right' time to make an official start this can often end up being a barrier. Just a thought.

Back