Up the thighs and over the bum challenge

:wavey: Hi there!

I've been lurking about here for a week or so now and thought it was time to take the plunge and start my own weight loss diary as I've been getting so inspired reading the stories of others on here and thought I might need this diary to keep me on track.

About me: Well, regardless of the name I am actually female. I'm 25 and currently weigh 12st. I've been overweight ever since I was a pre teen...probably topping the scales at about 15st when I was about 14!!! I did however manage to lose quite a bit of weight in my late teens (lots of walking was involved here) as kept that up until two years ago when I had (bodged) knee surgery. Ever since then, I'm afraid to say that I've taken up comfort eating and whenever I'm feeling down I reach for the chocolate...which has been quite a lot in the last two years. My mobility is very restricted by my knee now too and I'm finding it difficult to adjust to not being able to walk as much as I used to.

Still, the time has come for me to finally do something about the extra weight as it will not be helping my knee situation. I also realised how bad things had gotten just before Christmas too when I tried on my baggy, old, and (used to be) comfy jeans that were my favourites around the time of my operation. After I came out of hospital these were the only jeans I could wear as they were large enough to pull over the huge splint the hospital gave me to keep my leg straight and at the moment I can't even get them past my thighs sans splint! :eek: After an embarrassing changing room experience over the holidays I realised that I've moved up 3 jean sizes and am pushing toward the next size unless I do something about it soon.

My goal at the minute is to simply shred my "operation weight" as I call it, and to get back to what I weighed 2 years ago. I was 9st 3lb (I was shocked when they told me this!) on my official hospital weigh in pre-surgery so I'm going to use this as a target, but because I like round numbers I'm going to have 9st (126lb) as my goal weight...giving me exactly 3st (42lbs) to lose. I accept that I'll never be a true "skinny minny"...even at my old weight I had Bridget Jones like "wobbly bits" but I felt better in myself then than I do now. I'm far too shy and lacking on confidence to join and groups such as WeightWatchers, Slimming World, etc so I'll mostly be going it alone by watching what I eat and upping my exercise levels gently (without aggravating the knee). I expect progress to be pretty slow but that's okay for me at the moment.

Since Monday I've been using a diary to track what I eat, my exercise levels and my moods each day and hope that this continues throughout the year and aids my weight loss. I also have a built in pedometer on my phone which I'm hoping to use to help track, and encourage my activity levels and I also hope to keep up regular posts on here as a way to stay motivated :eek:

Oh dear, I've just seen how long my first post was! Gold star to anybody who made it this far :cool:

Oh dear, looks like I'm already not very good at updating.

I've had quite a busy weekend anyway, what with work and spending time with my OH. Went on a nice walk on Saturday that felt quite long, but the pedometer only clocked in at 8000 steps. Still, it's a start I suppose? I've also been keeping track of what i've been eating and have resisted chocolate so far this last week. However I did eat a Gold Bar last night whilst watching TV :eek:

Weighed in today and am happy to report that I now weigh 11st 7lbs, meaning I've somehow managed to lost half a stone in the last week :eek: I've no idea how this has happened but it's only my first week so I don't suppose I'll be seeing losses like this again, and I may even put a little back on before the end. 1lb - 2lb a week is my aim as I think anything too drastic would probably end up going back on if I were to stop trying to lose weigh...and them some.

Still.....7lbs :happy036:

davedavedave

I have a confession to make. Even though I weighed in at 7lbs lighter last night, it was a really bad food day for me yesterday.

I started off the day really well with a bowl of special k and semi skim milk, but I started to feel down as the day wore on and for lunch I was handed a minted lamb pie and instead of resisting and eating the chicken salad sandwich I already had with me, i ate the pie. I think this made me feel even worse as I was so disappointed in myself as I felt I'd been doing so well but instead of forgetting about it and getting back on track for dinner, I thought 'what the hell' as I'd already ruined the day and consoled myself by eating half a pizza! :mad:

The only element of restraint here is that I could've eaten the full pizza but didn't, but that's not much to be proud of. I think I really need to tackle my emotional eating as at the moment every time i feel down the fruit and veg goes out the window, so to speak, and the high calorie and nutritionally deficient foods become my friends again. Which naturally make me feel worse about myself, so cue the even worse food choices. It's a vicious cycle and something that I need to start combatting if i ever want to take charge of my eating habits and lose weight for good.

In the mean time I have started again for today with my usual bowl of special k - so here's hoping that I can suppress my demons once again and get back on track with my weight loss.

C.

Hi x
Just to say well done on your weight loss :D and we all have down days, and as you said you could of been much worse. so Im sure you ll be back on track x

Hi Katierose. Thank you for you kind words and good luck on your own weight loss too. It looks as though you've already gotten off to an excellent start :)

I've not had a brilliant week this week as I've been stressed out and busy from assignments so I've also been pretty inactive and just sat at my desk for most of the week. I have been trying to control my eating though, as previously I would have used this as an excuse to eat family sized chocolate bars, crisps, cakes, and whatever else I could get my hands on washed down with fizzy drinks. And if I couldn't immediately get my hands on it, I'd take a short walk to my local Tesco express (with a Gregg's next door) and stock up :eek:

This week I've been very wary of what I eat and each day have had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch (after the pie incident) and they've been washed down with water instead of coke. I have been snacking about 5-6pm though when waiting for OH to get home from work for dinner (which is usually at 8-9pm!) but I've been limiting myself to a handful or yoghurt coated raisins and more water.

I don't know what the scales are going to tell me this week...I think perhaps I haven't lost anything but I'm just hoping that it's not a gain really. The upside is that my assignments are out of the way now so next week shouldn't be too stressful so I'll hopefully be going out on a few light walks and taking better care of myself then.

C

Hi x
Hope you have a good week :D Let me know how you get on, This time (have you guessed I ve dieted loads of times before?/) I am taking it hour by hour day by day it helps x
Hope to catch up soon :)

Back