Update on Grandad Pop/Grandma's Week 13 Weigh In

Grandma

Totally Focused
Thank you all for your wonderful messages of care, support and friendship over the past few weeks. You have kept me sane on many occasions. Sorry I've not been very active on here - but you can imagine how busy I've been with everything that is going on.

Today we have at last seen a glimmer of hope. We saw the consultants who can see a small improvement in the foot. Part of the wound is looking very good, with a good blood flow, and about 20% is very sloughy. They are now considering several ways forward. One is to get the plastic surgeons to cover the good bit to make the area of the wound smaller and easier to deal with. The other is to consider maggot treatment - which is apparently old but incredibly effective in wound healing. We don't mind what they do - so long he is given every chance! We were warned that this is the picture today - by next week it could have gone either way again - such is the nature of diabetic healing!

We have also been told that it is very likely that he will be allowed out of hospital for his 60th birthday celebrations on 25th May - possibly for a whole weekend if they train me in all that has to be done with administering his drugs etc. So long as his general health considers to be good, it is a distinct possibility! We are quite excited about that as you can imagine!

We continue your prayers etc for us - we feel it is having a real effect.

Chris
x

PS I was pleased to lose another 4lbs this week - although another half pound would have taken me under the 19stone milestone! At least I know I will get there next week!
x

Hello Grandma,

I've read all your posts, but haven't replied before. I know the maggot treatment sounds disgusting, but I have seen it done to people on TV and the results are fantastic. Whatever happens, your hubby has a fantastic wife and together you'll get through anything.

You are an incredible person with so much love to give to all your family, you are an absolute inspiration to us all.

:gen126: Have one of these from us and send hubby love from the Minimins posse ;).

Firstly, glad he's on the mend. Wnt to a very interesting seminar on wound healing once. They reckon the oral mucosa (gums) holds the answers to chronic wound healing.

Secondly, great news about his birthday!!

Thirdly, WELL DONE ON THAT LOSS! You are goin to be melting away running after all of these babies :) xxx

Sorry I don't really know your situation (as I live on the Lipotrim forum ususally), but just wanted to send you and hubby hugs. Well done on losing this week....sounds like you have lots to deal with so its amazing you stayed focused on the diet.

Hi i know you dont know me as i only joined a couple of weeks ago but have read some of your posts and want to say that i'm glad things are going well with your DH & hope he continues to improve. Secondly congrats on all your new grandchildren - you must be very proud! And thirdly extra congrats on your loss this week - with all you have going on at the minute its an even bigger achievement! x

hi grandma, that is fab news about your hubby and that he might be let home for the weekend. Well done on your loss this week aswell you are flying along. You are such a strong person still on this diet with all you have been through. I admire you so much.

Back