Update

Yasmine

One last chance
Hi everyone, I realized that I've been really rude, I mean not being online and checking up on you guys on how you are all doing. That was really selfish of me. I hope you are all doing great, and by the looks of it, it seems you are all doing great, much better than me :eek:.

By the looks of things, I was eating mostly from boredom, I've gone back to my lazy self again too. You know, going through LT, I would of thought that I wouldn't want to go back to my old self and yet I just couldn't stop myself from picking, eating things without thinking and just eating for the sake of eating.

I'm not sure if I was also eating from stress, I mean I'm not one to eat when stressed, but then again, I have never in my life, binged like this before.

I guess in a way I was testing myself to see if I could enjoy things like choc as part of a balanced diet, but from my experience, it looks like i can't. One bite of it and I'm hooked, I can't settle for just one piece, I have to have the whole bloody lot :(. I may just have to cut it out completely, but if I do that, I may just go on another binge because I feel restricted. It's so confusing!! I want it but I can't trust myself with it.

I think when I am allowed a certain type of food, I give myself the excuse that because I'm allowed it, I can have as much of it as I want. Like the time when I binged on fruit. I had about 5 mangos in about 1 hour. I've also gone back to picking. But I was picking things like strawberries, but I had a whole box of it. God I'm terrible:rolleyes:.

To add to my worries, I'm going to Morocco on the 21st of July and I really needed to get rid of the weight that I put on. Even though others say that I don't look different, I know there has been an increase in fat as my trousers have gotten tighter. So the plan is, LT for 3 weeks, with exercise, and refeed for two weeks.

But another thing worries me, it's the food that my aunt cooks for the family. We usually eat from a very large moroccan plat and we all share from it. We eat lots of fish, meat, chicken and lamb. It's tradition, culture, so it can't be changed. I mean it would be so rude for me to ask for different meals. We also eat bread at 2 meal times, we have to as it's part of our culture to do so. Maybe if I just try eating only when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full might help, I'm not exactly sure. But I am also so active there, I go out a lot and go to the beach, swim for about 5 hours everyday. I usually lose 1 stone every year, this is before dieting, would i get the same effect even though I've been on TFR?

Anyways, I hope you are all fine. Thank you all for your concerns :) it's really sweet.

And Mary, welcome back, I hope you had a fab holiday :).

Hello Yas, glad to hear you're well? Don't worry about taking a 'time-out', we all need them sometimes?

I'd try not to worry about your holiday too much? As you've said- you'll be pretty active, so will probably burn off any 'extra' cals you take in. The food actually sounds pretty good- unless it's swarthed in sauces or something? There's no need to be afraid of lean fish or meat- it's all protein, something the body needs! And have the bread as the 'carb' part of your meal if you can, or just have a smaller piece?
Try not to panic hun, you have a few weeks to get back on track and get your head around what you'll be eating. You know your 'weaknesses' now, so can try to work out how to deal with them too?
Don't be afraid to post on here- none of us are perfect, and letting us know what could go wrong will only help us all in the long run?
Take care? Xx

some things that are helping me at the moment Yas and are keeping me from binging are
(1) reduce sugar intake-adopt the attitude sweets are treats not for everyday
(2) Keep buzy . I eat from boredom too. Keep out of the kitchen when its not mealtimes
(3) have 3 regular meals a day at around the same times. i.e for me thats 8-9 am brekfast 1-2 pm lunch 5-7 pm dinner
(4) In between have 3-4 snacks . Nuts,seeds, yogurts, oatcakes and cottage cheese . veg sticks and low fat fromais frais.
(5) make sure at lunch and dinner you have at least half a plate of salad stuff or veg.(And your protein of course) We need the bulk to fill us up.

This seems to be working for me at mo. (Well see weigh in in the morning!!!) I am eating loads and dont feel hungry .

Yas, good to have you back hun. Dont worry about not being on here, we all definitely need time to ourselves at certain stages/phases in our lives and its a good way to get to know yourself, your limits and limitations. You have such a good head on your young shoulders that I am confident you will get yourself and your fears with foods sorted out.

As for your holiday, I think its a great idea for you to participate in the usual customs that you always have done and just eat what is given but remember the secret word (moderation). Stop eating as you are feeling full and you should be fine. With all the exercise you will be doing, I am sure you will come back a bit lighter or at worst a stay the same.

Thanks for the welcome back and yes, I had a fantastic holiday. I had a gain about half a stone, but already its disappearing, but that is due to being strict with myself. Come on, join me, you can do it hun, I am so sure of you. Big hugs to you Yasmine xxx

I think mary hit the nail on the head yas - moderation :)

Glad to see you back on here!!! :)

Hi Yas, I know, eating again can be a minefield. Hope you read what I put on the other thread "Anyone heard from Yas..." , how I keep things simple. I DON'T count calories, only did that for a short while on refeed to get a general idea, I don't get bored as I vary the lunch-time salads, sometimes putting pickled jalopenos or pitted black olives on it. I find eggs really fill me up, the protein staves off hunger and I keep on with the large water intake too. Enjoy your holiday, enjoy the eating experience, talk to everyone in between eating, so you are not just shovelling it in.... and tell everyone you are full to the gills when it's time to STOP! I know you can get back the control, best of luck, hun. have a lovely weekend. xx

yas I went on holiday and ate and drank what I wanted, I did however watch my carbs to some extent, and was careful about sugary stuff,and diary food(gained one pound) I agree do the same as you normally do but have smaller portions, if you lose weight normally I think you will be fine, good luck.,

if you normally lose weight like you say when you're there Yas, I wouldn't worry. Just do what you've always done. You'll probably find you don't eat as much as you used to - I know I can't, and it'll all even itself out.

Above all you could really do with not being so hard on yourself. I know I've said it before but please try to treat yourself the way you treat others. You wouldn't talk to any of us the way you're talking about yourself. Love yourself enough to show yourself that same respect .... please? When you're positive, positive things happen - if you're negative you attract negative experiences back - try it ;) xx

Thanks everyone for the tips :), I hope things do go well when I go away.

I was thinking of buying some maintenance formulas to take with me when I go to Morocco, that should help me to eat less :)

I have the form, can i pay via cash and put it in the envelope? I don't own a card and i dunno how to use checks.

Just get your family and friends to order the free samples from the lipotrim site, dont buy them. If you do buy them though, you should NEVER put money into an envelope hun.

You should be able to get them from your Lipotrim chemist if you do need to buy some. But get the freebies first! xx

I did get the free samples and I loved the the chocolate mous and the caramel bar, the orange drink was lovely too.

I want to take some with me to morocco.

Back