Update

Crims

Silver Member
This week I did Atkins, I am still in ketosis but wanted a break from LT, seen as I'm 3/4 of the way to my target.

Tomorrow I was all set to get back on the LT wagon, but can feel the flu coming on, sore throat, glands up etc.

What do you guys recommend, wait a bit until flu/cold goes and just eat healthily/atkins to remain in ketosis or have a break completely and start again once better?:confused:

When I feel like this I really want chips and mayo :eek::sigh:

I do not have any advice for you honey, but I was looking to have one small meal this week for a few reasons and I was told that if I ate anything I would come out of ketosis! What have you ate to keep me in ketosis? IF you want you can PM me the answer :giggle:

Thanks x x x

I have only had meat and cabbage that's all nothing else, according to my ketostix I am still in ketosis

I'd recommend stayin with the induction phase of Atkins -but I dont want to seem like I'm sabotaging your diet. I would just worry that if you're truly unwell that tryin to do LT will just send you hurtling towards those chips and mayo on a bender. DO NOT HAVE THOSE CHIPS AND MAYO!!!.

Then I would worry that eating for a few days might make TFR even harder.

Oh God -I DONT KNOW!!!

GOOD LUCK -FEEL BETTER SOON.

sorry...lol

I'd recommend stayin with the induction phase of Atkins -but I dont want to seem like I'm sabotaging your diet. I would just worry that if you're truly unwell that tryin to do LT will just send you hurtling towards those chips and mayo on a bender. DO NOT HAVE THOSE CHIPS AND MAYO!!!.

Then I would worry that eating for a few days might make TFR even harder.

Oh God -I DONT KNOW!!!

GOOD LUCK -FEEL BETTER SOON.

sorry...lol

Thats my worry, so think I will do atkins still till am bit better obviously loss is much slower whilst im on Atkins but will aim to get back on LT when I feel better and continue until target so annoyed as am sooo close!

Its a toughie -but if you manage to stay in ketosis -which you will -that how Atkins works too -then the switch back to TFR should be a bit easier -the hunger pangs not as great as a full on restart. You're still dedicated to losing weight so don't worry, you will get to goal soon -many would use illness as an excuse/reason to break. Understandably but I admire your gumption. :D

I think that if you believe you will cave in and eat while feeling poorly then stick to Atkins. If you think you won't cheat then Tara is right, the nutrients in LT will be good for you. You know you best and you also know you need to be 100% committed to LT to get the best results.

Hope you feel better soon.

x

Back