UPDATED: before and during!

thanks :D lol clearly a flattering shot, but i'll look like that allllll the time in a few stones time, lets hope anyway!! xx

thank you so much! been a right piggy lately and these comments are a boost to keep going!

OMG - you look totally totally fab, give yourself a pat on the pack. Im green with jealousy if thats ok to say lol......

thank you everyone!!! :D

Hey hun!! I'm right with you, I've been such a pig and hidden away from MM lol but I'm back now and ready! we'll be in them 12's before you know it!! xx

how are you getting on ?

doh not incredibly! but you can prob see that from my posts on the main wall. Day 2 of restart so wish me luck!! xx

keep posting keep busy , knock it out so it doesn't drag out as i know that too well , i'm getting ready for the 6th on exante and cd ...
will be seeing you round the forum .
wishing every day on vlcd a breeze x

thanks for your advice, you're too right about the dragging it out! procrastination is the worst thing to get out of the habit of! (that and eating)
good luck on exante i'm tempted to move across when i run out of money (pretty much now)
having an extra shake today just to ease the pain a little.
thanks again! :)

exante and CD are good as porridge and bars, more choices on bars, so its not getting to boring but i just can't do vlcd in the winter , i'm freezing on it . i used to hog my gas fire, don't have it to hog now .
you did well 10 wks of vlcd without tripping up was something i've never done , mines few weeks and break and its now something i must work on , to stop, so trying a site my sister works with , in her job .... makes sense ...
yes CD is about 40 a wk now , where exante if your not fussing you can get the bumper pack working out 25 a wk a months worth you have to buy .

sounds ideal- my OH usually pays half of my shakes but since I've been blipping the last month I don't think he'll be doing that anymore! But we'll see! But even so Exante would be even cheaper for me and him if he does continue.
You're so encouraging thanks, I wish you all the best, I hope I can manage another 10 weeks (though I know already 2 weekends that I need to take off for various functions..well 'want' to take off, not 'need'. I know I don't have to but I don't want my life to stop completely!) it'll just be hard getting back on after those breaks. I think if they're planned breaks it'll be different though as it won't just be me breaking the floodgates from pure lack of willpower.

Anyway best of luck MsJMC!!

Don't know if you saw this post by lilly ? but i'll copy and paste it anyway .
Linda Spangle has this to say about the reasons why we eat (Day 52 of 100 Days of Weight Loss):

Without a doubt, food provides a reliable instant fix. In our culture of fast-food restaurants and microwave ovens, you can always get your food cravings fulfilled now. And you never have to wait for relief. From the first bite of a cookie or candy bar, you can immediately feel a nice sense of pleasure and satisfaction.

Food also provides a great source of entertainment. If there's nothing good on TV, you can always go raid the refrigerator until the programming changes. In fact, it's easy to slip into wandering around eating where you just let food solve your problems of boredom or restlessness.

Food also becomes a solution to times when you have nothing to do. On a rainy afternoon or a long weekend with no plans, you might eat to fill up the empty time. As one of my clients admitted, "Without food, I'd have no fun at all!"

Procrastinate and escape

Eating provides a great way to procrastinate. Whenever you face a task you don't want to do, food gives you a convenient escape. Suppose you need to study for a test, clean the house, or mow the lawn. You simply convince yourself that if you eat something first, you'll be able to tackle it more easily.

Sometimes you might use food to avoid even starting a task. If you have to complete a difficult project such as writing a report, heading for the refrigerator can help you pretend you don't have to do it. As a rule, the larger or more daunting the project, the more times you will eat to avoid it.

Eating to avoid life

Do you ever have times when you just don't feel like doing anything? Sometimes, we reach for food because we're tired of all the demands in our lives. When you feel exhausted or emotionally worn down, eating is the only thing that doesn't seem to take any effort!

The next time this happens, identify exactly what you don't feel like doing. Then remind yourself, "The task will still be there after I finish my food, so I might as well go ahead and do it." Over time, start looking for healthier ways to manage your avoidance, and then leave food out of the picture.

She's a wise woman, that Linda. :) And there's lots more where that came from. If you've got an iPhone, her app '100 Days of Weight Loss' is well worth getting

with OH, try him see if he will pay . yes putting your life on hold thats how it feels while doing ss but some people do some don't , just go with what you feel its right for you , but know you will return to ss .
will be fasting tonight as blood test , so tomorrow will be exante and cd day .
done loads of walking today , so got some changes to make ... all for the best .
thanks for the reply , and go all the way till the end of your ticker ! zap them goals

Thanks so much I hadnt seen that, I will come back to it when feeling weak! I asked OH and he said if I stick to it this week he'll pay half for my next order, which is fair so I'm chuffed!! :) Well done on your walking and good luck! x

Thats good he is paying also i guess if he tells you he will pay half if your 100% makes you think more about straying .
got my days muddled yesterday , thought yesterday was Thursday so said about fasting , ops other half said no its wednesday lol so fasting from tonight exante Friday ... see this site is sending me nuts lol
Yes keep reading things that will make you change your mind about negative thoughts , thats me too :)

Back