Upped my calories

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
2 weeks ago my cals dropped & now I'm doing do much more exercise I'm struggling & I am actually really hungry so I've changed mfp to say I want to lose 1lb a week not 1.5lb & it's given me another 250 cals a day. I'll start it tomorrow & see how I get on x

Sounds like a good idea especially as you do t eat exercise cals :) x

I'll just have to see how it goes, I just don't think when I weigh 15 stone 1270 is enough & I don't want to start bingeing which is my fear x

Lexie2005 said:
I'll just have to see how it goes, I just don't think when I weigh 15 stone 1270 is enough & I don't want to start bingeing which is my fear x

That's part of the reason I change my eating plan, the exercise I have being doing is/was making me super hungry!!! Now snacking on nuts and not rice cakes and the like is really helping!!

sounds good to me Lexie

That's part of the reason I change my eating plan, the exercise I have being doing is/was making me super hungry!!! Now snacking on nuts and not rice cakes and the like is really helping!!

me too but i try to ignore it. when i go gym i have a bowl of porridge then on my way gym i have a bannana or apple. i stay in the gym 2 hours then work my ass off. when i come out of the gym i have a sandwhich . i go home do my chores then have a hot bat and before i know it its dinner time and im full. works for me x

is there no way u cud get to the gym lexie? it wud defo help xx

No love I don't drive & the nearest gym is about 3 miles away & when I am not at work I have my son with me. I don't think its a lack of exercise, I walk every day & 3-4 exercise classes a week. I honestly believe I maybe haven't been eating enough, not loads too little but yesterday my friend in London saw a dietician & she was told that she needs to mess with her metabolism, 1300 cals one day, 1500 the next then every so often throw in an 1800 calorie day & that will keep her metabolism working. She was also told no artificial sweetner at all!

How are you finding eating more? I don't know how you guys manage with the hunger pangs. It's great that you all have willpower! I have always had mfp set for 1lb a week, so I'm never particularly hungry. I admire that you guys can set more difficult targets. I think you needing to eat more is a really good sign that your metabolism has really got going, so needs more just to keep you going. It shows how much work you've put into your fitness Lexie!

PurpleMum said:
How are you finding eating more? I don't know how you guys manage with the hunger pangs. It's great that you all have willpower! I have always had mfp set for 1lb a week, so I'm never particularly hungry. I admire that you guys can set more difficult targets. I think you needing to eat more is a really good sign that your metabolism has really got going, so needs more just to keep you going. It shows how much work you've put into your fitness Lexie!

I was ok when I was on 1350 but when it went to 1270 it was like panic!!! I'd never gone over the 1350 & maybe it was a psychological thing but 1270 was horrible. I'm not likely to go much over the 1350 but I need it! However long it's gonna take me now it has to be achievable without risking falling or jumping off the wagon. Wasn't hungry yesterday & not yet so far today......

have u considered doing the weight watchers diet. i think i might do that while i just take 1 xen at dinner times. i think your allowed 18 to 22 points a day (depending on your weight). i know its probley just like mfp . im hopefully gonna stop taking xen altogether and just follow ww and carry on doing my 2 hour gym sessions 3 times a week and see if thats any better xx

Kayee said:
have u considered doing the weight watchers diet. i think i might do that while i just take 1 xen at dinner times. i think your allowed 18 to 22 points a day (depending on your weight). i know its probley just like mfp . im hopefully gonna stop taking xen altogether and just follow ww and carry on doing my 2 hour gym sessions 3 times a week and see if thats any better xx

Oh Kayee honey I did WW on & off for 16 years & although at 21 I got down to 9st 2lbs I was never successful again. I'm gonna stick with mfp for now xx

How are you finding the extra cals?! X

How are you finding the extra cals?! X

I reckon it's all in my head cos I went up to 1386 Friday (so 100 more than I could have before but that was sweets I didn't need) yesterday was at 1297 (so only 27 over old target) & today I will come in under it unless I fall in the philly tub that is......

Back