Upper Lip Browness

Baby_Cakes

Dave's little girl
I have developed some brown tingeing on my upper lip, either side of my nose tube.

What can be done to eliminate this? It isnt hair and its quite self doubting.

I have a skin pigmentation problem that runs in my family, I have brown patches on my face and I also have what you described on my upper lip, it is really annoying, the sun worsens mine and perfumed products can make it worse too, my sister was told by the dr to put on factor 50 sun block before she goes out, which is what I do too :) My sister did discover some creams/foundations that cover up the dark bits pretty darn well aswell, I'll have to ask her what it's called :)

This is what me, my sister and cousin have :) Melasma :) I couldn't remember what it was called before! lol
The symptoms of melasma are dark, irregular patches commonly found on the upper cheek, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead. These patches often develop gradually over time. Melasma does not cause any other symptoms beyond the cosmetic discoloration.

Here's a website with some treatment suggestions :)
10 Ways to Reduce Melasma - Melasma, Chloasma and Mask of Pregnancy Help and Advice

I have it as well, on my cheekbones. It started when I got pregnant the first time and it never went away. The sun makes it worse. I use mineral makeup which does protect the skin from uv so it does help a bit, and to cover it and without clogging my pores as I can't put products on my skin willy-nilly, I get breakouts if I use too many chemical-containing products.

My friend had brown patches which she thought was sun damage & it actually turned out to be a fungal infection and antibiotics cleared it up.

Back