Upset by leader

Gemma1986

Im just me!
I am an old gold member and have been struggling so so much and needed some support. I tried and not been loosing, my leader said you cant be following this 100% when i no i am,
Its made me not want to go back now. :cry:
Yes i am finding it so hard xxx

Thats not really a very helpful thing to say is it? What she should have said is for your to give her 1 weeks tracker sheet so she could go through them with a fine tooth pick, maybe some of the points are wrong on certain food so through no fault of your own you aren't calculating your daily PP quite right - she should have asked things like how many glasses of water are you drinking a day. Basically something helpful that would keep you motivated!

I think you have 2 choices, either confront her and tell her that you found her comment unhelpful and hurtful or change classes x

That's awful. I know when I was stuck my leader asked me to bring in my tracker and she went through it. A few things that may help; are you drinking enough water, what's your exercise like, are you tracking those sneaky little bits you put into your mouth. If you're doing all these things and sticking to points, maybe look at changing your foods. If you eat the same type of foods, try something different. Give your body a shock. I hope you can get back on track :)

I had a leader like that. I once told her quite proudly that I was walking my 10,000 steps per day & she informed me that if my stride wasn't long enough it would make little difference - I'm 5ft 3½ins, how long did she expect my stride to be! :rolleyes: Her class here closed through lack of members. I now WW on line. :)

my mum had that when she was with WW and that made her leave (she had been with them for about 5 years) she is now doing it on her own (she has all the old ww books etc and knows what to do) and is getting on a lot better. leaders shouldnt say things like that. they dont know how hard you have been working. really pisses me off when they say stuff like that. thats why i dont join any groups no more just do it on my own and get weighed every 4 weeks at my doctors. good luck on your weight loss journey though xx

She just said 'you aren't doing it right'.....with no positive comments, or how you might be doing it wrong or support or anything......who gives these people classes!!
I swear they must not check up on the class leaders at all in ww. My old leader was rediculously bad as well, hadn't a clue, kept telling people not to use their exercise points one week then the next saying we had too, making up points for things and just making stuff up in generally.

Seriously, if she isn't giving you the support you need move to a different meeting! Whats the point in going to her if she isn't giving you your moneys worth.

My new leader is fab and is a fountain of knowledge. Good luck and don't let her discourage you. Put your diaries up here and someone will soon tell you if you are doing anything wrong, or if there is a little trick to help. Don't give up ((((hugs)))) xxx

Thank you for all your nice comments, it makes me want to give up and follow another plan. But i do enjoy WW,So why let her put me off, i find her very rude to be and never gives me any support.
I feel maybe time for a group change.

For the love of god I wrote a big post which I was quite cross in and it went missing, now thats made me crosser hehe ......anyway

Who gives these women their own meetings that's what I wanna know. I had a leader who didn't know her arse from her elbow (I worded this more elequently the first time but I've lost patience now lol) and used to tell us all sorts. I used to think if you hadn't an ounce of sense you'd listen to these women and it'd be 100 times harder to achieve results.

This woman with her lack of sympathy, support and ....well cop-on is just another one of these disasters. Move to a different meeting, you are giving this woman your money at the end of the day to be what you need her to be, and this woman is just not being very helpful at all!!!

Okay rant over, sorry about that, I'll be okay in a minute or two xxxxxxxxx

Have you always gone to this same class whenever you have gone back to WW?

Have you visited other groups? Is there any leader with whom you feel more comfortable?

WW suits you and you know it works. It is now time to find the leader who is best for you.

Irene xx

LOL Gemma, a couple years ago I went to another class cos I didnt like my leader,only to find she did that class too !! Thankfully she left the one and I stayed at that one.
But enough of my waffle-she shouldnt be saying stuff like that , it'snot helpful !

I know how you feel... the leader I have dosnt give me enough support either!! For 3 months straight I didnt loose any weight yet I logged everything down!! I asked her and she said well you know what your doing so there is nothing I can tell you!! This really did my head in... she didnt talk to me about what i was eating or looking at changing anything!! the only reason i have stayed here is because the group is really good... dont give up because of her being unhelpful, i would change groups or stay and tell her what you think!!! Try not to let her get to you.

My leader's lovely but we're a really big class and she has about half a dozen helpers. One of them is absolutely hateful. She insists on always being one of the helpers who weighs us in. Now, she has gained almost every week I've been to class. That's not a dig at her - sometimes you gain and let's be honest, losing a lot of weight is hard - but she absolutely tears strips off us on the scales if *we* don't lose about "cheating" and "not trying hard enough". I put on a half pound one week (TOTM) and she ripped into me about "lying" to her when I offered to show her my tracker to show I'd been on plan. My leader had to come and try and comfort me before class started because I was nearly in tears. She shouldn't speak to us like that: it's horrible; she makes sure to do it in a loud voice so the other class members can hear. I felt absolutely humiliated - it was my first gain ever on the plan - and I went home and actually cried. (And then starved myself for a week because I was scared of not losing and being humiliated again.) It makes for a horrible, horrible atmosphere at weigh-in and I really wish our leader would speak to her about it.

My leader's lovely but we're a really big class and she has about half a dozen helpers. One of them is absolutely hateful. She insists on always being one of the helpers who weighs us in. Now, she has gained almost every week I've been to class. That's not a dig at her - sometimes you gain and let's be honest, losing a lot of weight is hard - but she absolutely tears strips off us on the scales if *we* don't lose about "cheating" and "not trying hard enough". I put on a half pound one week (TOTM) and she ripped into me about "lying" to her when I offered to show her my tracker to show I'd been on plan. My leader had to come and try and comfort me before class started because I was nearly in tears. She shouldn't speak to us like that: it's horrible; she makes sure to do it in a loud voice so the other class members can hear. I felt absolutely humiliated - it was my first gain ever on the plan - and I went home and actually cried. (And then starved myself for a week because I was scared of not losing and being humiliated again.) It makes for a horrible, horrible atmosphere at weigh-in and I really wish our leader would speak to her about it.

God thats awful, thats basic bullying! I think you should say to your leader that you feel bullied on occasions by this woman and the way she speaks to people is awful and that you want her to speak with her - I'm surprised the group is still large with someone like that as a helper!

Gemma, not a bad idea for you to put your food diary on this site?

Back