Upset stomach on PP days

slimjanine

www.slimjanine.co.uk
Hi,
I did attack for 4 days - I wanted to do 5 but got a bad bout of diarrheoa. I went onto cruise and was away for a few days so did 3 days of PV and then planned on doing 3 days of PP. After 1 day of PP yesterday I got another bad bout of diarrheoa. I think my stomach is rejecting full days of protein only which is a bummer and feel I may have to stick with PV days through cruise. Has anyone else suffered similar issues with their stomach? I've lost 7lbs in 8 days so far and am absolutely delighted:D, so don't want to stop following the plan but obviously have to listen to my body:eek:

No I've honestly never heard of this. Are you posting your menus?

Are you making sure you're eating your oat bran?! I think possibly you need something fibrous and binding. I had a bad tummy on the 3rd day of attack but it passed when my body got used to the change x

As Jo says, let us know what you are eating on PP days, so we can advise.

In the meantime, whatever you chose to do, make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids. Adding low-fat yogurt to your diet will help to settle your stomach.

Hi,
I did attack for 4 days - I wanted to do 5 but got a bad bout of diarrheoa. I went onto cruise and was away for a few days so did 3 days of PV and then planned on doing 3 days of PP. After 1 day of PP yesterday I got another bad bout of diarrheoa. I think my stomach is rejecting full days of protein only which is a bummer and feel I may have to stick with PV days through cruise. Has anyone else suffered similar issues with their stomach? I've lost 7lbs in 8 days so far and am absolutely delighted:D, so don't want to stop following the plan but obviously have to listen to my body:eek:

Pre-dukan I suffered from IBS mostly if I ate a lot of wheat. Also I have found that if I eat alcohol sugars - mannitol, maltitol, isomalt etc that are found in chewing gum and some yogurts/desserts etc that I would get a very bad reaction and I don't have to eat very much of these to get a flare up. I would get severe trapped air in my tummy, very painful cramping and sometimes diarrhoea. I now avoid these alcohol sugars at all costs. Could these be the culprit? :)Xx

Maltitol is the absolute worst!!! Can't touch the stuff!

OMG - seconding all the above. If you have any digestive problems avoid sugar-free sweets like the plague. Wind, bloating and diarrhoea to the nth!

Hi All and thanks for your replies. I am eating a lot of FF yoghurts and FF fromage frais, as I find that I really fancy this type of food the most!! I am having my daily allowance of oatbran without fail - really look forward to my gallette or porridge!! I think the problem might actually be artificial sweetner reading your posts as even though I seem to be okay in the toilet dept today, I feel very windy - but strangely not bloated, which is cool!!! I have a very sweet tooth and so I'm drinking at least 1 can of 7up free a day, I'm having 2-3 yoghurts which all have art. sweetner and I'm having splenda in my gallette with cinnamon! I'm also loving sugar free jelly with a blob of FF fromage frais!

My typical days menu for PP day is:
B - gallette with sweener, cinnamon and yoghurt. FF yoghurt
L - crab sticks, chicken, slices of beef. FF yoghurt
D - omellette with 3 eggs (2 yolks) ham and onion.
Snacks - chicken! Vanilla mullerlight or a weight watchers vanilla and toffee yog and sugar free jelly.

Back