Upset Tummy...

nattycat

Bit of an odd one, I just wondered if this happened to anyone else.
If I replace a meal pack for a 'real' meal - e.g. chicken, tuna...
I get an upset stomach almost straight away - I have IBS anyway but with the meal packs I hardly get a blip!

I just find it very odd, even when i was eating take outs etc it wasn't as immediate - i'm just wondering if my body really really likes the meal packs! :eek:

Oh, that's a bit of a strange one, the only I can think is maybe because the packs are full of nutrition and perfectly balanced your body is responding especially well to them?

Maybe, the contrast is becoming more apparent between them and traditional food. Possibly highlighting some other foods you might be particularly sensitive to?

In all honesty, I'm not really sure. Might be an idea to try solely the meal packs for a while, and then reintroduce 'normal' foods on your protein meal one at a time and see how you go?

I'm just going to stick to it! I've had a bad tummy all night, been up 3 or 4 times :( hot water bottle and blankets on the settee today!
I won't be running back to 'normal food' any time soon!

Oh dear, hope you feel better soon. If it doesn't ease off soon, maybe check it out with the doc?

Last edited:
Thanks :) i think the dr's think i'm a headcase by now, i've had all sorts of tests and they come back 'normal' so they just label me as 'IBS' sufferer. it's crap,
but i must say - s&s is the longest symptom free time i've had in years! It's awesome! (apart from the last 24 hours!)

Today has been just as bad, had a choc shake, a small chicken salad and then laid in pain all day - just had some porridge made with water but not an s&s packet....im amazed how sweet it was! Made my teeth tingle!! Heres hoping tomorrow i feel better, hope none of you guys catch it - hate to think what its done to my losses - not eating my packs and then having normal porridge! :(

Just get better hun, the diet will be here

I'm having troubles the same eight now, crohns flare.. ride it out and then get back on

Hope you feel better soon Xx

Oh no, chrons is terrible :(
Woke up late today and i've had some chicken soup s&s - going to have loads of fluids and try to feel better, my head feels like i've got a hangover but i had none of the fun getting it! :cry:

Back