Urgent: 3 weeks andd scales not budging

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Laurenpedro, 29 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Laurenpedro

Laurenpedro Member

Hi - I'm a recently qualified counsellor in Dublin. I have one client who is SS and sticking to it 100% (and I know for a fact she is - if it were someone else I'd query - but without a shadow of a doubt she's sticking to it).

Anyway, first week loss was 7lb, second was 3 and last two weeks she hasn't lost and this week is looking the same (same scales used for all weigh-ins ...inch measurements aren't budging that much either). She's drinking 3 litres of water a day and only taking the packs (3 a day). I've advised to try the gluten free selection (as I suspect she may have gluten intolerances). She has done this but still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem ? What do you do, what have you found or what do you recommend?

I know the scales is only a tool, but I do find myself saying - next week we'll see a difference, but its not happening so I can see she's disheartened (and so am I to be honest although doing my best not to show it)

Any help/advise/suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    Hopefully one of the counsellors will come on and give you a definate answer... but it does seem really strange, are you sure she is not telling porkies about sticking 100%

Is she doing too much exercise?

I have no idea to be honest.

4. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    PS... she she definately sticking to water. Some people try the flavoured water, or add o cal cordial and that could make a difference.

5. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sounds unusual but i had 2 weeks no loss along the way was SS and 100% although on those weeks i was drinking coke zero (something i DONT do now) it did *i think* stall my losses a little

Must be awful not losing... i'd lose the will to live after a couple of weeks no loss :( poor lady

6. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    192lb
    Current Weight:
    192lb
    Goal Weight:
    138lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    No Ideas -- is she wearing heavier clothes? She's not drinking a lot of water before her weigh in? i once drank a litre on the way to my counsellor's and showed a gain... which I later wee'd away. Water is heavy.

MM

Last edited: 29 November 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.