Urgent Doc Appt

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Well, I had to give in and phone the doc today as the pains havent gone in my back and chest! So, lo and behold when I phoned the surgery they said they needed to see me urgently..so, off there at 3.10pm today!

I have tried ignoring the pain, which is almost like pleurasy (for those who have had this)! Eating painkillers like sweets, but it has gone to my chest now...so, needs must!

My biggest fear is that they say it is something to do with LT and that i need to come off it.....either that or the coil they put in is messing me up!

Will keep you all informed and hopefully back to normal soon.

Also heard today that 2 people in the building I work in have been sent home with suspected Swine flu...brill....all happening here.

oh no Iris! my dad had plurasy, very painful, i feel for you! good luck hun. let us know how you get on xxx

Will do Lou.
Trying not to worry; it could be nothing at all, but I have been nagged by everyone all week as the pain has been bad since Monday....I hate doctors and hate bothering them!

leaving office now as it will take me a good hour and a half to get home!

Best of luck Scotsmist!! x

Good luck with the docs, hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi Scotsmist, had pleurasy when I was in my early 20's, so I know how painful it is, hope the doc sorts you out a.s.a.p. had a coil fitted before I ever had children as I couldnt take the pill...couldn't manage a spring-loaded cap and my husband of the time refused to wear condoms!!!! have to say it was the worst experience of my life, excruciating when they fitted it, heavy periods....painful during sex....I avoided it like the plague, and one day when I tripped and fell over, it started to come out and my doctor HAD to remove it.....never again!!!! I sympathise deeply and would definately advise removal of the bloody thing. Let us know how you got on.xx

ahhh scots - i hope you are ok - hopefully you have been seen now, let us all know how you are! :)

scotsmist - i hope they can identify the problems you are having. Best of luck. xxxx

Caren.

hope everything is ok, let us know how it goes x

Well, got it diagnosed!!!! And thankfully nothing to do with LT :-0 PHEW!! That was all I was worrying about..haha.

Apparently I have somehow damaged my thoracic muscle, hence the reason for pain in my back and chest. She reckons I have been moved awkwardly whilst under the general as I havent done anything to damage it otherwise. Told me to put heat on it and massage it and painkillers.

There is a great sports masseus (sp) along the road from me, so we decided to go and get an appt and he could actually see me there and then!

PAIN!!!!!! Well, I have never experienced a massage with pain in my life. He was shocked at the muscles in my back. I am still in agony now. Need to go back a few more times and hopefully he will sort me out.

So, at least I got sorted and it isnt anything bad.....phew!

Thanks everyone for your replies, words of encouragement, etc....

It has been one hell of a week!! But, still smiling :)

Have a great weekend, hopefully with some sunshine!!!!!!!!! WELLLL.....we can hope!!

Take care

Hi Supa
Wish I had read up on it beforehand....I am so annoyed at myself. I go to the nurse in 5 weeks and I will play it by ear till then, but I just didnt expect the aftermath of having one in to be honest. I have read somewhere that consultants get commission on every one inserted!!!mmm...say no more.

Will keep you posted.

Hi Scotsmist, had pleurasy when I was in my early 20's, so I know how painful it is, hope the doc sorts you out a.s.a.p. had a coil fitted before I ever had children as I couldnt take the pill...couldn't manage a spring-loaded cap and my husband of the time refused to wear condoms!!!! have to say it was the worst experience of my life, excruciating when they fitted it, heavy periods....painful during sex....I avoided it like the plague, and one day when I tripped and fell over, it started to come out and my doctor HAD to remove it.....never again!!!! I sympathise deeply and would definately advise removal of the bloody thing. Let us know how you got on.xx

phew! am glad its nothing 'too' serious and that its not LT related! A sports massuse :eek: i have heard they are not very nice! i dont envy you on that one at all! lol x

bloody painful....seriously....at points I couldnt even breathe and was groaning..haha...the biggest knots ever!

Need a nice warm relaxing bath and some sparkly wine (that is water to you and I)!!!!

Just close yer eyes and imagine it is sparkly wine whilst taking a nice glug!! it works seriously! lol

Really pleased to hear you're okay ... or will be ... you know what I mean! :) xx

Glad to hear you are ok and its nothing serious.
ouch !!!!! sports massage I know that one, those knots I nearly went through the roof clinging onto the massage table muttering under my breath. And the massage started so relaxing then as I was relaxed she came across a knot. :eek:

Hope the pain eases soon for you, they do say that type of massage is good though. Hope it helps for a speedy recovery. xx

Back