Urgh I'm ill... any advice gratefully received.

I forgot to mention, I also have a really sore neck and a bit of a headache.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do/what pills I can try etc... I'd be so so grateful and I'm feeling really rubbish right now.
OMG you have what I have dizzy, sicky, poops, sore neck and back etc. Its just a bug going round all my kids have had it too over the last few days. It is going round their school too. It tends to last 2-3 days just make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your self hydrated. I wouldnt bother with the docs they dont do home visits anymore it costs the nhs too much money.

Hope you feel better soon just try and sleep it off thats what I have done over the last few days.

Are you feeling any better??? x

Thanks very much for all your messages folks. I've been in bed most of the day, still not feeling too good. The sickness has calmed down... but I've not eaten anything so that's probably why. I've been taking paracetamol throughout the day and sipping on water. I've also had a little fruit juice, which I've managed to keep down.

I rang my GP and spoke to the receptionist first thing who said that the GP did not do home visits at all, apart from in 'exceptional cases like with the elderly'. She said I should speak to the GP between 11-11.30am if I wanted her to come out. I spoke to her and explained my symptoms and said I was a little woozy and unsure on my feet so I didn't feel it right to leave the house, especially in the rain. She wouldn't come out and said it was 'probably just winter vomiting' and that I should keep warm, give my stomach a rest, sleep as much as possible and take paracetamol. She also recommended flat Coke or 7UP.

So thanks very much for all your advice last night... it's really appreciated. Make sure you're all washing your hands and stuff - there's a few people off work at the moment and whatever this bug is... it's really horrible! Much worse than anything I've had before.

Thanks again,
Ste
x

Glad you're feeling a bit better. We all had this last week and it seems to be highly contagious, the whole Scout troup got it bar one plus their families. Good job you had lemsip in, it definitely helps to take paracetamol.

Yeah, the paracetamol did help and brought my temperature down. I would never have thought to take paracetamol as I only usually take it if I have a headache or sore throat - but it's made it much more manageable. So thanks very much to all that suggested it! I'm glad I had some Lemsip in too!

Back