urghh - bars

Well after dreaming about bars for my first 4 weeks, just tried one.
It was the orange one and it was foul :(
At least I will need to drink plenty of water now as my mouth feels like the bottom of a birdcage.
Is this flavour as offensive to others, and are there other flavours which are more palatable?

Of all the bars to pick, you chose the one bar I have steered well clear of. It sounds yuk! Cranberry isn't much better but the rest are lovely. My favourite is the Caramel, followed by Toffee. The Chocolate is nice if you prefer dark to milk chocolate as the coating is a bit on the bitter side.

Also, I have just realised the Peanut bar, which at first is a bit sawdusty, but it grows on you, has only 13g carbs (whereas carmel, toffee and chocolate have about 23g of carb). This is not much higher than the carb content of the shakes I think, so very good value and a good one to try initially if you're worried about staying in ketosis.

hope this helps, definitely change the rest of the orange ones for any other bar if you got more than one,

I love the peanut bars. They taste just like a Snickers to me!!!

I loved all the bars to be honest but I don't have them often as I don't want to risk slowing down my weight loss! xxx

Luckily I bought one of each flavour, but was tempted to start with the orange because I had ideas of terry's like heaven..oh well. Will try the peanut one tomorrow I think, and hope its nicer.
You never know it might even cure me of one my vices!

I love the cranberry,I read someones suggestion to chop them up really small mix them up chuck em in the freezer and they are like revels,it worked for me they were lovely.

Yes, it really is neck and neck between caramel and malt toffee isn't it? The toffee maybe has a bit more punch, but the caramel is great comfort food!

Luckily I bought one of each flavour, but was tempted to start with the orange because I had ideas of terry's like heaven..oh well. Will try the peanut one tomorrow I think, and hope its nicer.
You never know it might even cure me of one my vices!

Good. At least you know now it can only get better!

Ain't that the thing! Since, it's the only one I have never tried, I'll get one next week. Never let it be said that I'm not willing to try something new!

Doesnt that choc orange shake have a hellish burn your mouth aftertaste!!

Never had that waste of a pack when you can make 3 or so out of a vanilla pack,I hate the choc orange felt like I had been sick on bile!!Sorry if tmi but it was that awful burn it smelt lovely what a flippin disappointment!!

Back